Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

The best league resumes on.....

WingA   

i just tried to watch it there website but am in america and i cant subcribe to anything from man!! dam, i was watching NBA today and i got bored coz they missed alot and its not like the highlights man..lool..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Russians close in on Roma Thursday 26 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media reports in Italy on Thursday allege that a Russian petrol giant is poised to buy Roma Football Club.

The ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’ newspaper stated that Nafta Moscow are set to pay around £270m for the Italian giants.

The club have admitted in the past few weeks that contact had taken place but dismissed speculation that a deal would definitely be done.

However, trading in the club’s shares was suspended on Thursday morning as reports gathered pace that the capital outfit are set to make a statement.

Other media sources in Italy allege that a deal is close which could lead to a Chelsea style revolution in Rome.

Billionaire Roman Abramovich brought the Stamford Bridge outfit in the summer and pumped millions into the side making them into Premiership and Champions’ League contenders.

Roma have had their financial problems in recent seasons and there are unconfirmed stories which claim they could be as much as £170m in the red.

If owner Franco Sensi, 77, does decide to sell then the club’s power on the summer transfer market could increase significantly.

Hopes of keeping Emerson at the club would improve, while speculation suggests that players such as Edgar Davids – currently at Barcelona –could also arrive. ---------

Roma ready for Russian revolution Saturday 28 February, 2004

Fabio Capello has publicly welcomed the imminent arrival of Russian investors in AS Roma as the takeover could be completed on Sunday.

“Anyone who brings fresh funds into Italian football is very welcome indeed,” said the Giallorossi Coach, “as we all need this to revitalise the system.”

“The important thing is that these investors are serious about making a commitment to the club. From what I have seen, the Russians fit the bill.”

The reports of oil giants Nafta Moskva buying up AS Roma have been continually denied by official club sources, but many believe that mere details remain before the deal can be completed.

The Board of Directors meeting planned for this week has been postponed until Sunday and it’s expected that President Franco Sensi will give his consent to the takeover during that assembly.

Nafta Moskva are reportedly ready to immediately plough £28m into the club coffers to help pay off debts and get the wages up to date.

The first priorities will be to extend Emerson, Jonathan Zebina and Francesco Totti’s contracts, before looking to the summer transfer strategy.

Italian newspapers already maintain that the main targets will be Edgar Davids – who is on loan at Barcelona but out of contract in July – and unsettled Inter hitman Christian Vieri.

--------------------------------------------------------

you heard it first here

They seem to be picking up pace again, but milan are on record points pace [droping just 2 points in last 10 games]the need to lose next week to Juve for the title running to be tense, then we can kill them off in sansiro our selves (or i hope so anyway :D ).

Brecia 2-Juventus 3

Milan 3- Sampdoria 1

Roma 4 - Inter 1

Three featured games, three title contenders 3 phaat matches, i guess 3 is the magic number smile.gif .

Case 1. Pirlo's Goal, passing, skills and overall player, n Kaka's magic

Case 2. Juve's Indomitable spirit and figt back from 2-0 down to 2-3

Case 3. And the Cassano and Totti show lights up the Olimpico which should have read 6-1 rather 4-1

Now i defiy any one of the usual Premership louts who says that Seria Is a Boring league, it is infact without a shawdow of doubt (as amply evidenced yet again this week) the best N most exciting

Forza Calcio

Baaniyal   

hahaha,shujui getting ahead of himself again. One week of high scoring drama,doesn't make up for years of yawn drawing muck.

Also don't let the Roma-Inter score flatter you,the scoreline should have been much lower. Last two goals came with Inter playing with ten men and pushing forward.

Anyways you must feel aggreieved with Roma being in such form and still being behind AC by five whole points. I think this season is their best chance for the Scudetto,cause next season i highly doubt they will be battling with the big boys,especially after Totti and Cassano have a cack euro2004,lool.

WingA   

seedorf0408_jw.jpg

Seedorf: Two goals sealed the win (JohnWalton/Empics)

AC Milan beat champions Juventus 3-1 at the Delle Alpi stadium on Sunday to take a big step towards their 17th Italian title as challengers Roma stumbled to a goalless draw at lowly Reggina. European champions Milan now have 64 points, seven more than second-placed Roma and nine ahead of Juventus. Dutch international Clarence Seedorf scored twice in the second half as Milan added to Juve's misery following their exit from the Champions League in midweek. [+]

Yeah admitedly it looks all over now in Seria, although mathematically Juve n Roma can still catch and overhall Milan, i doubt that will happen very much.

Milan for The double Seria n Champions League???

N.O.R.F   

Milan are looking very good indeed,,,,,Juve need to a clear out,,,,,, redface.gif

Has anyone noticed the good run Barcelona have had since Davids arrived????

WingA   

currentcover.jpg

we are gonna finish u guys off bruv!! hahaha..

and who would have Totti or Shev??

me, its Andrey Shevhinco

peez..