Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

The best league resumes on.....

N.O.R.F   

Roma vs Lazio

Maaan what a big disappointment lasnite maan, after schooling a few kids in mile end park, got home fixed up, ate, sat down for a good game of footy, caught the last 15 mins of the 1st half, an exciting game with both teams going for the kill and hittin the post, got me some shah n choc chip cockies for the start of the 2nd half, 80 seconds within the 2nd half the game was stopped, the Roma fans (shujul we got issues bro)didnt want the game to go ahead cos a little bot was run over by the police outside the stadium. The match was turned into chaos. The Roma ultras (supporters who have access to players/coaches) came onto the pitch talking with Totti, after some mad chaos on the pitch, the ref rang the league via mobile phone, then the game was abandoned. Italians r ****** !!!

lol tell me about it. That is the one bigg problem for italian FA to deal with. As it later transpired there rumors where nothing more than chinese whispers and the italin cabrini's believe the following 6 hour riots and ultra violence was more organised than anything spontaneous.

Bigg dissapointment.

Milan saved by a dodgy Ref decision on the 83rd minute (winger ur team's payed the mafia mate)

Roma Continue to Chase with 3-1 win at home, Cassano and D'Gostino impress in absense of Totti

and

Plucky Juve show some signs of life to beat Lazio at the death

SO it looks like Italian League is not quite over :D ,

Whilst Tonight Real Need a win to retain the lead ahaead of Valencia

D'Ago handed Pirlo role Thursday 15 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dagostinonews.jpg

Roma boss Fabio Capello may field Gaetano D’Agostino as a deep playmaker this weekend.

The tactician has some major selection problems in midfield and he could use the Under-21 ace in the centre – in a similar position to Andrea Pirlo’s at Milan.

The Giallorossi will be without the suspended Emerson and Olivier Dacourt against Modena. Youngster Daniele De Rossi is also a doubt because of injury.

Capello fielded D’Agostino in the new role during a practice game on Wednesday to see how he would cope.

The former Bari man usually plays in the hole behind two strikers or wide on the left of midfield.

Roma could play with a 4-4-2 at the Stadio Braglia with a midfield consisting of Mancini, Tommasi, D’Agostino and Lima.

Meanwhile, the Italian outfit have rejected claims that Russian petrol company Nafta Moskva have reopened negotiations to buy the club.

----------------------------------------------------------

After overdosing on Sheesa last night, i needed some recovery at home and overdosed on football

Sheep-Sheara Scored a Stunner to Finnish off Chelski

Milan show there blunted Teeth once again with a 0 - 0 draw away to udenese, whilst Roma win emphatically away 3-0 with a brace from Totti ro close the gap to 6 points with 3 games to go

Gr8 weeknd so far :D

Next weeks live game, the title decider, Milan v As Roma, 2pm Eurosport

Man just foundout that Roma will sell Emerson at the end of the year :mad: :mad: :mad: , and the more expected news that Lippi will leave Juve at the end of the session.

WingA   

am watching this "End Game" bruv and we just won it.. thank you..

them Roma fans are sick bro!!

We are the Champions!!

AC Milan.. Adidas..

Capello salutes Super Milan Sunday 2 May, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma boss Fabio Capello has conceded that Milan have deservedly won the Italian championship.

“The best team won,” said the Giallorossi tactician. “At the end of the day the two League games between us, which Milan won, proved decisive.”

“I want to underline that Roma have had a splendid campaign but it is evident that Milan have done better than us.”

Commenting on today’s 1-0 defeat at the San Siro, Capello admits that his side gave away the first half.

“We were absent for the first 45 minutes,” he stated. “We couldn’t string three passes together during the first period.”

“After the break we were a lot more determined and that became visible. Unfortunately conceding that early goal to Shevchenko ruined our plans.”

Capello raised a few eyebrows with his initial team selection as he started with Vincent Candela in midfield and Christian Panucci in the centre of defence.

“I have no regrets about trying that,” he added. “I wouldn’t change any decisions that I made today. Milan simply deserved to win.”

Roma had a clear penalty claim rejected but Capello didn’t want to comment on the referee.

“We appealed for it but it wasn’t given,” he explained. “That is where the incident ended and that is that.”

“The future? I hope that the team remains very competitive but that depends on the club’s plans. Yet I’m hopeful.”

Rumours suggest that the Giallorossi may sell Walter Samuel, Emerson and even Francesco Totti during the summer.

Roma may not have won the Scudetto but goalkeeper Ivan Pelizzoli has praised his teammates.

“We’ve had an excellent season anyway,” said the youngster. “Milan have beaten us twice in the League this term and they therefore deserved the title.”

The capital outfit went into today’s tie in the knowledge that they could have cut Milan’s lead at the top of the table to just three points.

But an early goal from Andriy Shevchenko was enough to see their slim Scudetto hopes disappear.

“We got caught out cold today,” added the ’keeper. “They scored early on and it took us the whole of the first half to organise ourselves.”

The Giallorossi did look more competitive after the break where they were denied what many felt was a clear cut penalty.

Francesco Totti’s free-kick seemed to be diverted by Shevchenko with his arm in the penalty area.

“We certainly should have been awarded it,” added the former Atalanta star. “I saw it from where I was standing.”

Pelizzoli concluded by commenting on the future with speculation rife that the club could sell some major players this summer.

“Hopefully it will remain intact because we have formed a solid group here,” he added. “Totti? He will stay at Roma and play for a great Roma.”

Good news for Giallorossi fans is that they will be playing in the Champions’ League next season after Juventus lost at Perugia. Roma are now assured of second place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

My sentiments exactly, at the ended of the game smile.gif Milan beat us twice this season and so deserve the title.

My only Consoletion came when we started Boming the cheating Rossaneri Black and Red :D , how a penlaty wasnt awarded i do not know.

Anyway Forrca Seria A another splendid Championship Has Drawn to an End

WingA   

you give me bear jokes bruv.. i watched it lastnight too and he was amazing.. newcastle didnt perform to what i was hoping for and the better team won..

Capello Joins Juve

Ranieri leads Roma race Friday 28 May, 2004

Now that Fabio Capello has signed for Juventus, the race is on to find his replacement at the Stadio Olimpico.

ranierinews.jpg

The main candidate at this point in time is Claudio Ranieri – in his final days as manager of Chelsea following the news that Jose Mourinho is in negotiations with the Premiership outfit.

Ranieri is a lifelong Roma fan and confirmed on his recent trip to the Capital that he would relish the opportunity to take over his hometown club.

"I am a Roma supporter," he had told a local radio station, "and would obviously love to come back here. I'd even be willing to take a risk for this club, but first I'd have to be sure there was a project in place."

Other options include another Giallorossi man through and through – Perugia boss Serse Cosmi – while Parma’s Cesare Prandelli is already accustomed to getting the most out of a young and relatively inexperienced squad.

Ironically, Parma Coach Prandelli had been heavily linked with the Juventus post along with Didier Deschamps before Capello signed a three-year contract this morning.

This shock turn of events forces the Giallorossi to capture a top class tactician who is willing to work with a team that is losing many of its star players.

Financial problems have already seen Walter Samuel, Jonathan Zebina, Francisco Lima and with all likelihood Emerson move on this summer, and there is precious little cash with which to find replacements.

Above all, the choice of manager will be crucial when trying to hold their last remaining star names, including Francesco Totti.

Zizou tips Totti for Euro glory Sunday 6 June, 2004

Michel Platini and Zinedine Zidane believe that Italy are the favourites for Euro 2004, with Francesco Totti as the danger man.

zidanenews.jpg

“Unfortunately,” predicted former Juventus hero Platini, “I believe that France will be beaten in the Final by Italy.”

The last European Championship Final was also between these two sides, but in 2000 it was a Golden Goal from David Trezeguet that tipped the scales in France’s favour.

“I am not making this statement because my origins are Italian, but looking at the teams and their obstacles I’d say the Azzurri have a great squad.”

Another ex-Bianconeri man also tipped Giovanni Trapattoni’s men for the trophy this summer.

“The whole world knows that Totti is a player who makes the difference,” noted Zidane (pictured).

“I just hope that the Championships in Portugal are remembered for Thierry Henry’s contribution and not Totti’s.”

--------------------------------------------------------------

Roma Eye up Mexes and Ferrari

Plus

Roma target Alberto Gilardino show's his class