Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

The best league resumes on.....

N.O.R.F   

^^lol

true, cant compare the wknd's cup action to seria a,,,,should be good game, if i feel like watching instead of playing tonight,,,,,depends on how much i eat beforehand :D

N.O.R.F   

managed to catch the 2nd half, very entertaining, yr Roma looked very ordinary, maybe an off game, but u may aswell lose to Milan of all team ey, i have told u plenty of time b4 that Totti is not a BIG game player, let him practice on the lesser teams :D , yr boy mancini was awful, maybe he had jet lag,

Its all about the prem tonight tho, Lpool vs Chelsea live,,,,,,no prediction tho, i think we all know why

lol for real got to admit it bro My Team looked very ordinary at times yesturday, and mancini had a nightmare. Totti played well i wouldnt criize him that much, it was just a bad bad performance by the team. I was throughly disappointed :( . Still will remain top regardless of whether milan win the next game or not smile.gif .

Mind you milan played the best football i have seen for a while, it was shocking :confused: . Walaahi Kaka and Rui looked a great idea by and shev should have scored 4.

I just hope we bounce back quick coz teh most disappointing thing was how poor the team was, unrecognizable they were :( .

Well yeah.. to be honest i am not too shocked this is Seria A After all, it would have been amazing if we wom again, against Milan of all teams.

But the good thing is we now have lost so that pressure is of us, the team must now start a new Run and use this defeat to motivate them.

BTW out of Jue, Inter, Lazio, Parma n Milan, we have won 2 drawn 2 n lost 1, thats good enough form, and thats what needs to be repeated in this second half of the season.

Man after wathcing that game, and the surrounding atmosphere i now want to go n wathc a game there myself :D , something to tick off the to do list.

ROMA Back on Track

Serie A Week 16 - 11/1/04

Perugia 0 - 1 Roma

Mancini 3 ®

Stadio Curi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Giallorossi restore order with this important away win, but it was a struggle to see the better of the Grifoni.

Roma were in desperate need of a good result to get them back on track following the shock 2-1 home defeat to Scudetto rivals Milan. It has been a tense few days for the Giallorossi, as Antonio Cassano once again stormed out of training, while Coach Fabio Capello confirmed he welcomed interest from Chelsea.

Perugia were still without a single Serie A win going into this game, but it must be noted that they also remain unbeaten on home turf. All eight of their encounters at the Stadio Renato Curi have been draws so far this season and the pressure was mounting on Serse Cosmi. He gave new signing Giandomenico his debut in the Trequartista role.

It took just three minutes for Roma to break the deadlock with a fine move by its midfielders. Olivier Dacourt threaded through for Amantino Mancini and the Brazilian trapped the ball with his right foot before driving in with his left.

1993.jpg

Damiano Tommasi made a rare start and had the opportunity to double their lead soon after, but Fabio Grosso recovered the situation with some desperate defending.

A Francesco Totti free kick found Emerson in the box, but his diving header merely skimmed the crossbar.

Tommasi was eager to make his mark and went very close to a second with a fine volley.

When Perugia did managed to get forward their finishing left something to be desired with Massimo Margiotta and Grosso headers too weak to trouble Ivan Pelizzoli.

The Grifoni almost bagged an equaliser just before the break, when Ze Maria thumped the woodwork and Pelizzoli managed to block Margiotta's follow-up with his foot.

Emerson did not have his scoring boots on today, as another Totti free kick was palmed into his path only for the Brazilian to fire over the bar.

There were heated Perugia protests when Jay Bothroyd fell under pressure from Traianos Dellas in the box, but the penalty appeals were waved away.

Zeljko Kalac was kept busy with a tricky save on Francisco Lima's piledriver, then he managed to stop an Antonio Cassano solo effort after the youngster had skipped past several defenders.

Milan 3 - Reggina 1

Sampdoria 1 - Juventus 0

1. Roma 39pts 16 Games

2. Juventus 36pts 16 Games

3. Milan 36pts 15 Games

4. Inter 31pts 16 Games

5. Parma 31pts 16 Games

Inter sign Adriano - official Wednesday 21 January, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italian giants Inter have confirmed that they have signed Brazilian sensation Adriano from Parma.

adrianonews.jpg

The move has been touted for weeks and the club have confirmed, via their website, that a deal has been reached.

The 21-year-old, already half owned by the Nerazzurri, has put pen to paper on a contract that will tie him to the club until 30 June 2008.

Inter have also confirmed that they have loaned the Tardini outfit Isah Eliakwu and Ianis Zicu, signed from Dinamo Bucharest this week, as part of the deal.

The size of the fee has yet to be officially released but it is believed to be in the region of around £18m.

Adriano returns to Inter, after starring for them in 2001/02, following a loan spell at Fiorentina and 18 months with Parma.

Was just thinking about the Fire power that Inter has now. Thats amazing really, this should really boost their scudetto chance. Adriano is the "next" best thing, but he doesn't seem to be a "Brazilain" I mean his style of play :S