Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

The best league resumes on.....

Baaniyal   

Shujui my friend,you seem to have forgotten the sheer purpose of why we watch sports--->for entertainment. Now since you prefer your football matches to be played like a chess match, no doubt the only supporters you will have to follow your analogy are those big glasses wearing,pocket pen carrying drones from California(metaphorically speaking).You are a very patient man indeed,and obviously your taste for football entertainment is parallel with that of the grease heads of palermo,milano..etc. Like think tank said,the hay days of italian football,were when they played that lovely attacking football mixed with their staunch defending. The only reason that Real lost in the CL last season,was because they were missing Monseigneur Makelele. These players are out there to entertain,that's why they are making so much money. I mean if the fans of these clubs for once let their blood lineages and affiliations not cloud their perception,they would realize that exchanging spaghetti recipes to be a more entertaining prosepct. Football has alot of luck in it,and to say that France were lucky to win euro 2000 is not fair if we compare them to the luck exhibited by the Italians. It seems the italians have the belief of winning the race like the Turtle did. Well as long as they decide to hide in their shells after a goal, dissapointment will always be the end result. What justifies a top european side playing against a less than average asian side to sit on a one goal lead,rather than go for more? When will they learn that such tactics will never work and always lead them to a sad day. My goddness imagine if I was an Italian 90 year old man,how many heartattacks would i have gotten in the last 20 years? But at the sametime, there is nothing fun about watching two teams long ball each other to death ala Liverpool and most of the english clubs. That is why England will neva do good in the world stage, those youth academies need to start developing playmakers instead of sprinters. Shujui it could be curtains for the Italians this weekend against a determined welsh side,we shall see if the italian turtle defeats the pacey welsh rabbit,lol.

Sorry for the long rant,I am having one of those days!

looool I there is no problem Baay saxiib thats it let it all out saxiib am sure u feel much better now.

I agree with u again saxiib, footie is about entertainment, but what might be entertainment to you might not be entertainment to me saxiib. There is no universally accpeted football flava excpet for what the brazilian play.

I hate fast lucky footie, i love fast skill fully tactically mastery so its only natural that i woudl watch SERIA and sometimes when there bigg games like R madrid and Braca, La Liga and last but not least Champions league which is the standard setter for desirable football.

I still belive you guys are being unscrupulous in ur discription of italian football, infact i bet that you Baay dont watch Seria A too much. You cannot tell me taht the Parma Bologna game wasnt phaaaaaat?? can you.

Baaniyal   

but that is the problem with Seria A,it is not fast. Yes skilfull and very tactically aware football,but not fast at all. Ofcourse there are the few teams like Lazio and Parma who play a totally different game than their counterparts. Yes I did watch the Parma-Bologna game and indeed it was entertaining,but those are few games much of the time. I mean on the same weekend i tried watching Inter vs MOdena. My godness what a sour game it was,and yet for boring Inter to sneak two goals in the end, is what a hard working defensive minded Modena got. Even the Milan game was boring,except for the always hardworking schevchenko. He was the only highlight in that game!

I guess you just butter your toast diffeent to me then bro smile.gif , but at least your not one of this mad Premiership fans :confused: .....i just cant bye there argument.

Baaniyal   

Most premiership clubs need to adopt the policy of playing the ball on the ground,and not the Hoof tactic. But in terms of a challenge and not a duopoly ala the premiership and a monoploy like da Bundseliga, La Liga and Ligue 1 or Championatte have to be the most competitive,as Seria A comes a close third behind. But am not complaining,as my heart is at ease when i beforehand know the 3 points are in the bag,lol.

Ahh you are in deed now taking rubbish saxiib :D . Seria A is thee most competitive League in teh world.

The La Liga title with the exception of the last 10yrs have been the sole preseve of Barac or Real, its only recently that clubs such as Valencia and Depor have emergered as reall threats.

The premiership and Bunders liga?? well i dont need ton say much here any fool would know that only 1 team have reign in each league with the exception of 1 or 2 poor years of transition

Where as Seria A the league u call slow and boring has had the following Conclusion in the last 10 yrs:

1993-1994 1st Milan

1994-1995 1st Juentus

1995-1996 1st Milan

1996-1997 1st Juventus

1997-1998 1st Juventus

1998-1999 1st Milan

1999-2000 1st Lazio

2000-2001 1st Roma

2001-2002 1st Juventus

2002-2003 1st Juventus

Ancelotti: Serie A tougher than Europe Saturday 20 September, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan may have won the Champions’ League last season, but their Coach Carlo Ancelotti maintains the Scudetto is a tougher task.

“When foreign sides play against the Italians,” explained the tactician, “they have trouble finding space. On the contrary, Serie A outfits abroad find more room than they are accustomed to and can express themselves freely.”

The latest example of winning ways was exhibited by Inter’s 3-0 victory at Highbury, becoming the first ever Italian to beat Arsenal in their ground.

“The Nerazzurri really impressed me,” said the Milan boss. “On a tactical level they were simply perfect.”

Like many pundits, Ancelotti believes that the turning point for the Peninsula sides was the humiliating 2002 World Cup exit.

“That tournament saw the attacking teams triumph, while the more prudent outfits were punished. Since then we have clearly understood that an attitude change was needed.”

For two years running up to the World Cup, Italian teams had struggled in Europe and failed to reach the quarter-finals of the Champions’ League.

The sea-change was immediate, giving Milan the trophy and three out of the final four plied their trade in Serie A.

“We discovered the joy of playing open and attacking football,” confirmed Ancelotti. “But at the same time we remembered the Italian talent for an organised defence.”

Chelsea Manager Claudio Ranieri agrees with this analysis and praised Inter’s victory in London.

“Their tactical discipline, incredible work-rate of Emre and Cristiano Zanetti, not to mention the unbreakable defence,” explained Ranieri.

“Julio Cruz and Obafemi Martins were also crucial, but everyone that night was just fantastic.”

“A few years ago Italian football made the mistake of choking up the midfield with too many ball-winners,” noted the former Fiorentina boss.

“When we saw that leaving out creativity simply did not pay, the attitude changed and the results came with that development.”

Week 3 - 21/9/03 (20.30)

Juventus-Roma

Live on British Eurosport (7.25 UK time)

Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They don’t come much bigger, much brighter or more bitter than Juventus-Roma. A grudge match between the top two sides in Serie A right now can only be an event in the Italian calendar.

These two teams have always carried on a difficult rapport both on and off the field, controversy sticking to them like glue. This season there is added spice with the on-going Edgar Davids saga. President Franco Sensi announced that the Dutchman had agreed to join Roma as a free agent next summer, while Juve have seemingly frozen him out of the first team as punishment for not extending his contract. Should Davids be given a place in the starting eleven, it would be a performance to watch.

Another man in the spotlight is Nicola Legrottaglie, as his ticket to the Capital was switched to Turin overnight. One of the summer transfer stories saw the ex-Chievo defender carry on negotiations with Roma for months, only to join Juve in a surprise deal. A similar scenario occurred with Stephan Appiah, so it is not difficult to see why the two clubs are at constant loggerheads.

There are set to be fireworks on the field as well as off. Fabio Capello’s new trident attack system of Francesco Totti, Antonio Cassano and Vincenzo Montella has worked wonders, netting seven goals in two games. Ex-Valencia striker John Carew provides another tactical alternative, while Cristian Chivu has already shown his free kick prowess with a stunning strike on his debut.

Olivier Dacourt returns from suspension, with Christian Panucci and Vincent Candela also back in action. Perhaps even more importantly, Roma do not have the distraction of the Champions’ League this season and are aiming squarely to recapture their Scudetto.

Juventus have won the title for the last two years running and it will be quite a task to do the hat-trick. They certainly have the squad for it, as Marco Di Vaio, Davids and possibly Fabrizio Miccoli – on the mend after an emergency appendectomy – are ready to come off the bench.

Di Vaio may well start after Trezeguet limped off with a knee problem against Chievo. Alessandro Del Piero and Gianluca Zambrotta are the on-form men of the moment for Juve and traditionally relish these big encounters.

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Thuram, Legrottaglie, Montero, Zambrotta; Tacchinardi, Appiah; Camoranesi, Nedved, Del Piero; Trezeguet

Roma (probable): Pelizzoli; Zebina, Samuel, Chivu; Dacourt, Emerson, De Rossi, Mancini; Totti; Montella, Cassano

--------------------------------------------------------

Thats where am gonna be at :D:D:D

I managed to watch both the Arsenal Man U match and the Juve Roma match and the Difference in teh quality of football played was stark. One was an ugly Anglo-saxon war-like afair, whilst the other was pure drama and artistry of the highest order.

Baaniyal   

You are slowly becoming a hypocrite shujui,the Arsenal-manu game for the first 80 minutes reminded me of a seria A match,basically i was yawning. IT was obvious that Arsenal had to prove to the world that they were not all about attack and kept it quite on the front end. You would think that you atleast would apppreciate that,but i guess anything english is not your cup of tea! No doubt the juve-roma game was much more exciting,but again how many times do we see that in the Seria A? 0-0 is a scoreline of the Seria A. Let's look at the other top team matches in the Seria A. Parma-Lazio,managed to produce a quality game. But perugia-Milan was really really typical of the Seria A, and Inter-Sampodoria damn. So let's clap for the Seria A for producing an eventful weekend and see if this excitement can be kept(highly unlikely)!

lol baay my friend let me just argue my case ins simple indisputable facts

So far the 3 live games on euro sport coverage of footall italia has been

Parma 2 bologna 2

Milan 2 bologna 1

Cheivo 1 Juve 2

Juve 2 Roma 2

Not to mention Brecia and Reggina which finished 4-4

You see unfortunately your only remaining critism of Italian football is looking rather weak now. And in anycase bro i have seen much more entertaining 0-0 draws tha that dull war-lie affair between Arsenal and Man U

Trust me the only good game i saw in the premeirship last week was chealsa 5 hammering of the rank Amatuers bolton. They played with a crsip continetal flava that wouldnt be out of place in seria A ;)

Eight charged after bust-up

Report: Man Utd 0-0 Arsenal

Photos: Action from Old Trafford

Arsenal and six of their players - plus two from Manchester United - have been charged by the Football Association after the stormy Premiership clash at Old Trafford.

The Gunners have been accused of failing to control their players in the goalless draw on Sunday.

And Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira - who was sent off - Martin Keown, Ashley Cole, Lauren, Ray Parlour and Jens Lehmann all face individual charges that could lead to suspensions.

Manchester United duo Ryan Giggs and Cristiano Ronaldo have also been charged by the FA after a review of video evidence of the ill-tempered climax to the game following Ruud van Nistelrooy's last-minute penalty miss.

The club demands high standards both on and off the field

Arsenal club statement

Arsenal, their players and those accused from Manchester United have 14 days to respond to the FA charges.

The Highbury club issued a statement on their official website: "The board is taking this matter seriously and intends to meet in the near future to further discuss the events of last Sunday.

"At this juncture, we do not have the video evidence supplied to the FA and are not going to jump to any premature conclusions.

"The club demands high standards both on and off the field and the board believes these were not met last Sunday. Arsene Wenger has already addressed the players on this issue."

Manchester United also set out their position in a statement that read: "We have received the details of the charges from the FA and we are currently reviewing them internally with our lawyers, the manager and the players involved.

"Until that review is completed the club will make no further comment."

The charges in full:

Arsenal: Charged with "failing to ensure the proper behaviour of their players".

Lauren: Two counts of violent behaviour for "kicking out at Quinton Fortune following the penalty award and for forcibly pushing van Nistelrooy in the back following the final whistle". Two counts of improper conduct for "confronting Ruud van Nistelrooy after Patrick Vieira's sending-off, and for confronting Ryan Giggs after the final whistle".

Keown: One charge of violent behaviour "for striking van Nistelrooy on the back of the head following the final whistle". One charge of improper conduct for "confronting Van Nistelrooy following the penalty miss".

Parlour: One charge of improper conduct for "confronting Van Nistelrooy after the final whistle". One charge of violent behaviour for "grabbing at Gary Neville from behind shortly afterwards".

Cole: One charge of improper conduct for "his involvement in a confrontation with Cristiano Ronaldo after the final whistle".

Lehmann: One charge of improper conduct for "confronting referee Steve Bennett after Patrick Vieira's second yellow card and for then persistently seeking to confront Van Nistelrooy".

Vieira: One charge of improper conduct for "failing to leave the field of play following his sending-off, and for instead seeking to confront Van Nistelrooy and engaging in a verbal exchange with fourth official Neale Barry".

Giggs: One charge of improper conduct for "his involvement in a confrontation with Lauren after the match had ended".

Ronaldo: One charge of improper conduct for "confronting Martin Keown at the conclusion of the match".

Phil Neville has, meanwhile, been warned as to his future conduct after a confrontation with Lauren, but his brother Gary and Manchester United as a club are not being charged by the FA.

Arsenal, however, could now face a suspension crisis, with Lauren facing four separate counts, including two of violent behaviour, the same serious charge which is faced by Keown and Parlour.

THIS IS NOT FOOTBALL

WingA   

not if they keep like that draw in the weekend!!

where's the Inter fans?? what happened??

3-1!!

Hey u would be supprised Siena is a good team, and like Cheivo they are having a great start to there first ever season in Seria A.

I to agree that Roma will win the league (Thank you caption obvious :)) because we have bought the missing piece in the puzzle in Chivu, besides Juve and Milan (the only other team i fear) have the champions league to contend with.

By the way i was watching both the Milan derby and the Valencia Barca game, and it was clear to me which one ws teh most entertaining.