Club G.P Pts

Juventus 6 16

Milan 6 16

Roma 6 14

Parma 6 11

Lazio 6 10

Modena 6 10

Udinese 6 10

Now thats a close league with 5 bigg teams still in contention.

Now lets have a look at the champions league

Table P W D L F A Pts

Inter 2 2 0 0 5 1 6

D Kiev 2 1 0 1 3 2 3

L Moscow 2 0 1 1 0 2 1

Arsenal 2 0 1 1 0 3 1

Table P W D L F A Pts

Juventus 2 2 0 0 4 2 6

R Sociedad 2 2 0 0 3 1 6

Galatasaray 2 0 0 2 2 4 0

Olympiakos 2 0 0 2 1 3 0

Table P W D L F A Pts

Lazio 2 1 1 0 4 2 4

Besiktas 2 1 0 1 2 2 3

Chelsea 2 1 0 1 1 2 3

S Prague 2 0 1 1 2 3 1

Table P W D L F A Pts

Milan 2 1 1 0 1 0 4

Ajax 2 1 0 1 2 1 3

Celta Vigo 2 0 2 0 1 1 2

C Brugge 2 0 1 1 1 3 1

Ahh makes for good reading for Calcio Fans :D , just a shame that Roma isnt there

Marcello Lippi has praised his Bianconeri squad for a wonderful performance, but warns against celebrating qualification early.

“At times Juventus were unstoppable tonight. This is a team that plays a lot of first team football and cross-field passes, so that can often lead to errors, but at the same time it can make us remarkable.”

The Turin side was winning 4-0 before allowing Real Sociedad to get back into the game during the final minutes, but Lippi is not worried.

“Towards the end Sociedad got two back, including a wonderful De Pedro free kick, but we also had chances to score more. These are our characteristics, leaving room for our opponents to play so we can also move easily.”

“This is a solid team that is perhaps not as spectacular as others, but in our first ten official games this season we have done well and above all earned points.”

Juventus now lead Group D with nine points, a 100 per cent record, compared to second-placed Sociedad on six.

“One performance does not assure you of qualification,” insisted the Coach. “It can certainly bode well for the future, but that is all.”

David Trezeguet bagged a brace at the Delle Alpi and insisted the result was secondary to the performance.

“We have quality and are always trying to improve in all areas,” noted the Frenchman. “At the end of the game we became tired and Real Sociedad came out, but today we showed a lot more than in recent outings.”

Juventus have never had such a good start to the Champions’ League and boast a 100 per cent record after three games, but fans are disappointed with some of their play.

“I am still looking for my best form and am working very hard to get back to that level, but the team looked great and grabbed three crucial points.”

Despite the fact the Bianconeri were leading 4-0 at one stage, Sociedad almost fought back for a shock result.

“It wasn’t an easy game, but it was important to win and Juventus are now a step away from ensuring qualification.”

“Above all,” concluded Trezeguet, “we wanted to show our fans that Juve can play great attacking football and improve on our technique.”

Marco Di Vaio also grabbed two goals in this Champions’ League encounter and continued the fine form he has been on since the summer.

“We saw that there was room out on that flank of the Sociedad defence,” he said of his first goal, “so I moved out wide and tried to get past them with pace. Thankfully it worked.”

Even without the injured Alessandro Del Piero, Juve have ample attacking options with Fabrizio Miccoli left on the bench.

“The new face of football is all about squad rotation and as long as all of us keep scoring two per game everyone will be happy.”

The Turin side narrowly missed out on lifting this trophy in May and is making no secret of its concentration on this competition.

“It is too early to say whether this is the right season for us,” added Di Vaio, “but we are all working hard and these good results help morale.”

Juventus 4-2 Real Sociedad

N.O.R.F   

^^^lol

when they qualify again next year, they should give up their place in the CL to Liverpool, we sh*t in the prem but we aight in CL and vise versa for the arses!

Baaniyal   

i see the anti-arsenal regime was out in full force last CL matchday! Arsenal always has been a flop in the CL,no suprise. It is quite obvious that it is a psychologiical factor,rather than level of skill that hinders Arsenal. I mean when teams like Newcastle,Leeds and Liverpool,do betta than Arsenal in their first attempts,it amounts to one explanation only. Arsenal would literally lose to a team from Azerbaijan,just because it is the CL. Take that same team to the UEFA CUP or the Prem League,it would be a totally different game. Atleast you can count on Arsenal for a poor showing in the CL. Let's look at how the so called power houses faired. Manu escaped with a undserved win from Ibrox,after being pummeled the whole entire game by a second rate scottish outfit. Your qualification hopes are not so clear yet,so don't get ur hopes up. Next after hearing so much about the magic of the seria A teams in the CL. A humbling was due,and yes that's exactly what happened. Inter MIlan getting hammered literally by Moscow,after getting all the praise for that one-off game they had against Arsenal. Lazio getting beat by a a lacklustre Chelsea team. And finally the defending european champs falling to a shocker at home to Club BRuge from Belgium,yes i said Belgium. The CL is those sort of tournaments,where any team can beat the other,so no need to get all excited by a poor showing from a certain team. I favour Arsenal to do betta in the UEFA cup so am hoping for that,as there is no need to just qualify to the second round and get eliminated after. ANyways i have ranted for long,let'se what kind of game the top two most succesful clubs in the Seria A serves up this weekend.

N.O.R.F   

i managed to catch the 2nd half and it was a very good game indeed, Juve deserved the win, Di Viao was missing chances like usual but scored a cracker to equalise!

Baay bro lol u are a true Fan and i have great respect for that, there are too many Qaxooti glory hunters in london smile.gif

ANyways i have ranted for long,let'se what kind of game the top two most succesful clubs in the Seria A serves up this weekend

Well have u got any negative things to say about that spectaculor game, and that Phaat goal by Di Viao :cool:

GET IN THERE

Roma 2 - 0 Lazio

Mancini 80 ®, Emerson 85 ®

Stadio Olimpico

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two stunning strikes from Brazilian stars Mancini and Emerson gave Roma the local derby and second place alongside Milan.

There are few games on the world stage that can match the bitterness, rivalry and sheer passion of the Rome derby.

The timing could not have been worse for Lazio, just days after their humiliating 4-0 thrashing at the hands of Chelsea. Sinisa Mihajlovic, Angelo Peruzzi, Claudio Lopez, Roberto Muzzi and Stefano Fiore were out injured, so Roberto Mancini changed to a 4-5-1 formation.

Roma had not lost a 'home' derby game since 1997 and wheeled out the trident attack of Francesco Totti, Antonio Cassano - fresh from his first senior Italy call-up - and Vincenzo Montella. Jonathan Zebina stepped in for the injured Cristian Chivu, who damaged his shoulder midweek.

The first shot on goal came after three minutes when Matteo Sereni got his body behind a fierce Olivier Dacourt effort from distance.

Soon after Montella turned his marker and an angled drive was parried by Sereni, but Cassano just failed to pick up the loose ball.

Lazio slowly began to fight back and Sergio Conceicao's chip almost caught Ivan Pelizzoli off his line, then the former Atalanta goalkeeper held firm on a Dejan Stankovic shot.

It was a very tense game - as usual in the Rome derby - and a scuffle broke out when Bernardo Corradi reacted angrily to Dacourt's challenge. The former Leeds man was booked for the foul.

On the resulting free kick Paolo Negro popped up at the far post and fired just wide from eight yards.

Francesco Totti aimed to curl a free kick in only to see it deflected out for a corner kick.

The tension rose towards the end of the first half and there were some very tough challenges around the field.

Cassano saw a solo effort charged down and on the resulting corner kick Sereni plucked Emerson's header out of the air before Montella could pounce.

There was absolute panic in the Lazio box when Totti's free kick was only parried into the path of a group of players nad the defence eventually scrambled it clear. On the corner kick Mancini's powerful drive skimmed the crossbar.

Totti was convinced he had scored on the hour mark when his fantastic daisy-cutter clipped the edge of the upright.

Moments later Sergio Conceicao found space on the counter-attack, but ballooned it over the bar as he lost his balance.

Dejan Stankovic performed a wonderful solo effort as he skipped past two defenders, but his shot was a little too central and Pelizzoli got behind it.

The second half was much more open and Montella was caught offside as Totti held up the ball for him.

Lazio's injury woes deepened when Fabio Liverani limped off with a thigh problem, while Roma threw on John Carew for the final push.

Walter Samuel made an uncharacteristic error on 74 minutes when he cleared the ball straight at Stankovic, but his curling effort shaved the crossbar with Pelizzoli beaten.

The deadlock was eventually broken with a stunning goal ten minutes from time. Cassano turned a low free kick towards the near post and Alessandro Mancini flicked it in with his right heel. It was a beautiful and classy goal from the young Brazilian who has been a revelation for Roma this season.

The other Mancini - sitting on the Lazio bench - reacted immediately and threw on Simone Inzaghi, while local lad Daniele De Rossi made his derby debut.

This forced the game into life and the Biancocelesti left massive spaces at the back. Roma took full advantage and another Brazilian Emerson drilled an unstoppable low drive past Sereni following a splendid cross-field pass from Mancini.

Carew's angled effort nearly made it three in injury time, but Roma celebrate a confident win in style.

N.O.R.F   

lol

i had a miserable wknd with regard to football, i could'nt even take out my frustration on somebody on the football pitch cos nobody plays in ramadan. Juve on top still, so thats a plus from and otherwise miserable wknd!

yeah am feeling your pain bro, Lpool flopped again :rolleyes: , and juve showed there class.

Yeah i was feeling abit blue on sat after eeing lucky arsenal win again, but Roma, oh my Beloved Roma Lifted my Spirits :D