Sign in to follow this  
Caveman

Why most eligible bachelors pursuing marriage abroad?

Sophist   

One should not trivialise something as consecrated as marriage. This should not be a point scoring about male vs. female. One has to be objective if one can in the midst of such pandemonium; you see there should not be any confusion about the choice and the right of the groom or the bride. Since, the subject in discussion is about Somali male species travelling (heermaya) to another country in order to secure a wife, such an endeavour should be encouraged—it shows that the groom is putting a lot of energy in order to secure a “good†home; what a worthy cause :D !!!!. It is his prerogative to seek his “partner†else where. As my old man use to say, SON the only time you should be selfish is when it comes to courtship and marriage; you should aspire to marry a lady who is not only worthy of you, but indeed better-- the old man perhaps was not beguiled about the matters of love! he is a very pragmatic man, and such a tanet has not disappoint him! I wish I could say the same about those who follow the workings of their chemical componants.

Now, having said that, I must add this is where I depart from this post. I begrudge the idea that “ there are no ladies befitting for partnership or marriage in the west in general or in North America in particular†such an statement is foolish to say the least. Just like there are men who are “goodâ€, there are many more sisters who are better. I know many who would make fine wives and mothers who are indeed who are also in search for their hubby in our community, but lack has not been good to them. Let us not delude ourselves, many of our sisters are great but I admit some of them had been influenced by their host country—this of course goes without saying in regards to the men.

Naba

Sophist,

PS: oh, as Jamal11 had once penned down, the idea of heermin is great of our development, I am sure he will elucidate if there is need for elaboration.

*Heermin, is an act of travelling for marriage purposes. In the olden days, the Somali women had sought hand in marriage by travveling to distant lands. Perhaps such act would be rather fitting for those disillusioned ladies in the west; oh well fat chance of that happening.

Ahh but theories are exactly that arent there, well those regarding social affairs or anthropology.....Un-proven ;) . That status however doesnt mean that what is being brought forward is diminished by this fact... smile.gif .

As always brother Moti is the wisest amongst the Somali men here and I wonder where we would be without his wisdom and guide. Is a shame though most of the sisters don’t realise his only motive is to help our society and nothing less than that.

Moti you are a great man my friend and I will ask of you not to give up on our sisters, they are just misguided and misunderstood your intentions. So forgive them brother, as they don’t know what they are doing or saying!

I myself I am going to Badia to bring my pride because the girls in the West want to be men. So until they come back to their traditional roles of being wives and mothers, we should boycott them! I hope they wake up soon before it is too late.

NGONGE   

People marry those that they were meant to marry. He can be in North America and she can be in Burkina Faso, if they’re meant for each other then it’s going to happen. Discussions, arguments and speculations don’t change a thing.

Having said that, this little rumour seems to be gaining more momentum of late! Is it just a rumour or is there really something wrong with the “image†of Somali women in the west as to drive some men to think or behave in such a way?

On the other hand, Somali women in general (there are the odd exceptions of course) seem to have formed a similar idea of Somali men! They of course, can’t go back to Somalia, Africa, Arabia or Asia to fish for a husband, because, in all probabilities, this husband will be more backwards than the chauvinistic men in the West! What’s a girl to do?

Well, to start with, she can add her name to my list (insurance is good for you). This of course is a worst case scenario (for I’m the rescuer of spinsters). Alternatively, girls can always immigrate to the countries these illegible bachelors import their wives from. :D

I’ve just noticed the name of the person that started this thread. Heh. How appropriate! :D:D

Qac Qaac   

lol @ male chauvinist.. loooool..

waraa Syria, iyo Kenya, iyo even Somalia aad, meesha aad kheerka kuu yaal.. iskaga tag murankaan, iyo is qabsi qabsigaan.

OG_Girl   

^^^^ cause they are not real men , is that fair to say and add these in Comboudia too :rolleyes:

Moti, cut this crap :mad:

Salam

OG Moti   

Brother justcause, let me first congratulate you for you vision, and for your far seeing of the truth that many sisters choose to ignore or blind themselves instead of getting involved and face the music, come with solutions and develop themselves and help us help them,

But Brothers Qac Qaac, Justcause, caveman, nuune, totti, yacquub, Waani, sophist and rudy and many others have realized the serious brother we are facing, and with your suport brothers we shall help them whether they like it or not, you cant let your sister destroy herself and watch..

together inshaAllah with the help of Allah and sisters like hafsa, basbaaso, wiilo, nafta, og girl and jalaqsan we shall reform our societies and bring our women to their senses, there mentioned Somali queens seem to began understanding the cause of our noble case and will get involved,

Brothers i shall not give up and lets hope for a change, in the meantime, I advice the brothers to seek Syria, Kenya, Pakistan, and Somalia for temporary hope till the westernized sisters come to their senses..

Allah kariim,

Peace

bilan   

salaam

i hope you are joking. i would say any man who does not want to marry a girl simply because she is eduacted has a low self-esteem, and i do not think any woman would like to marry such man,so good for us that they decided to try their luck somewhere else.so that does not bother me. what bothers me is how some of you are quick to generalize, and declare all somali women in the west has no religion, do you know all of them?let's be honest men how many somali girls do you know.even og-moti who lives in cambodia knows all about somali women in the west, how on earth does he know :confused: .

Blessed   

Is it me or are the sisters in the developing countries being regarded as third world commodities in this post?

I totally understand and even push for the 'more pious' wife arguement. Howvever, this 'get to the Syria' before the girl's run out is a new concept for me. It's like saying get to Mangos before those pretty skirts run out or catch the sale before ot's over.

I suppose also that the girl's in the West are forbiden from being Islamic....

NGONGE   

^^^ Silly ayaayo. All women are regarded as commodities. I read it in my wife’s copy of “The Feminist Manifestoâ€. :D