Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Daily short talks

SeeKer   

Ich bin ein Berliner?

Isn't the message lost on you? I am physically tired but mentally awake today.

PS:- I take back my wisdom, the brother brought suhoor over to me and my cuz at the mosque. ~~Now I can't use my I don't know how he looks like excuse~~ :cool:

^Both? Doesn't the Qur'an talk about awliyaa? How could you say both while Allah (sw) describes who are these awliyaa? As someone who was a xafid at one point, you should know this.

When Allah says, "Alaa inna Awliyaa Allahi laa khawfun alayhim walaa hum xaznuun" isn't that a proof that they do really exist?

Fabregas   

Yeah, Ibtisam, my thorougbred Islamic Somali, Burcawi sister of noble cushitic and Arabian origins: awliyah do exist. However, many groups abuse this concept with extremism and exxagerations. Go to run 2 taraweeh, so i'll just post this quick explanation from the sword and pen of Islam, Ibn Taymiyah:

The allies of Allah do not have any special appearance with which they differ from other people. They have no special dress other than just being permissable dress, and are not distinguished by shaving of hair, or cutting it short, or braiding it, as long as it is within the permissable. Thus it has been said: "So many truthful believers in rough dress, and so many apostates in beautiful cloaks." Rather, the allies of Allah are to be found in all categories of the nation of Muhammad, except for the fact that they may not be found among the people of blatant innovations (bid'a) and moral corruption. They are found among people of the Qur'an, scholars, just as they are found among the fighters of jihad with weapons, and they are found among the businessmen, the manufacturers, and the farmers............. .People, with regard to this issue go in three directions: two extremes and a middle path. Some of them, when they believe that a person is an ally of Allah (some say: "saint"), accept and agree with him in all that which this ally believes to be his heart addressing him from his Lord. They accept whatever this person does. Others, when they see any such person do anything or say anything which is not in accordance with the Shari'a, reject any possibility of this person being an ally of Allah, even though he may have exerted his honest effort to know the truth and simply been mistaken. The best of affairs is the middle way. And that, here, is that a Muslim does not believe that anyone is protected against ever making a mistake, and does not believe that someone who exerts their honest effort and is mistaken is a sinner. Thus, no one is followed in everything they say (except the Prophet), and no one is to be judged a disbeliever or corrupt if he has made an honest effort to know the true ruling of the law.

Ibtisam   

Abdiladiif

I'm not sure we are standing at the same point, When Somalis say "I am awliyo, or that person is awliyo" it is not the same as the "awliyaa"which is referred to in the Quran in several places. As Somalis often it is used for people who are deemed to receive inspiration and visions, and if you disobey them or speak against them, it is considered that you will be cursed or inkar baa kugu dici, they are seen as “helpers of Allah,- subxanallah-. People often use to go to these awliyo to ask them to intercede on their behalf and so on. This is shrik and cannot even be used as a joke, [so I was wrong to call it bidca, I should've said it is major shrik and Nuune or anyone else should not claim or be labeled as such ] the allies of the deen or allies of Allah is something everyone should strive for.

my thorougbred Islamic Somali, Las canood brother you also assumed I was speaking in Arabic rather than the somali context. smile.gif

Fabregas   

“...And it should be known that Allah’s Pleasure and Love are not dependent on you torturing yourself and going through hardship, such that something is better simply on account of how hard it is. It is assumed by many ignorant people that the reward is obtained in accordance with hardship in everything. No! Rather, the reward is in accordance with the benefit of the act and how much it manifests obedience to Allah and His Messenger.

So, the more beneficial an act and the more obedient its doer, the more virtuous it is. Actions aren’t virtuous due to their quantity. Rather, they are virtuous due to the effect they have on the heart.

This is why when the sister of ‘Uqbah bin ‘Amir made a vow to perform Hajj walking barefoot, the Prophet (صل  9; الل ;ه علي ;ه و سلم ;) said: “Indeed, Allah is not in need of your sister torturing herself. Have her continue while riding.” It was narrated that he had her slaughter an animal, and it was also narrated that he had her fast. The same applies to the hadith of Juwayriyah when she was performing tasbih using pebbles before noon, and he came back at night and found her sitting in the same position. So, he said to her: “I said four words three times that would outweigh all that you have said today.”

The point of all this is to know that Allah didn’t command us to do except what is beneficial for us, and He didn’t forbid us except from what is harmful to us. This is why Allah praises righteous acts and encourages righteousness and benefit, and discourages corruption and harm.

Allah forbade us from filthy things due to the harm and corruption they bring about, and He commanded us with righteous acts due to the benefit they bring about. It might be the case that such actions cannot be performed except with some hardship, such as Jihad, enjoining the good, preventing the bad, seeking knowledge, etc. So, all of this is obtained through hardship, and one is rewarded for them due to the benefit that they result in. This is like when the Prophet (صل  9; الل ;ه علي ;ه و سلم ;) said to ‘A’ishah when she performed ‘Umrah from at-Tan’im in the year of the Farewell Hajj: “Your reward is in accordance with your effort.”

However, if the benefit of the act does not outweigh the hardship it involves, this is a form of ruin and corruption, and Allah does not Love corruption.

An example of this is in worldly benefits. Enduring hardship to make a great gain or repel a great enemy is praiseworthy. As for one who endures great effort and hardship in order to make an insignificant amount of money or to repel a very minor harm, he is just like a person who pays a thousand dirhams in exchange for a hundred, or one who walks for an entire day to get a meal while he could’ve gotten a better meal in the very town he lives in.

So, the legislated and recommended course of action is all about justice, balance, and moderation – which are the best and loftiest of affairs – just as the Firdaws is both the highest part of Paradise and the middle (i.e. best) part of it. So, whoever is like this will have this as his destination, by Allah’s Permission...”

['Majmu' al-Fatawa'; 25/126-127- Ibn Taymiyah- sourced from iskandari wordpress]

( ibtisam; cool- jihadka ino wad ;)

Ms DD   

Originally posted by Malika:

The Night of Power:

Great lecture this was. I listened on Youtube and I wish I heard it atthe begining of Ramadan. The speaker commented on this talk:

Finally, I’ve been getting a lot of messages passed on about a few things I mentioned in the above lecture that is perhaps causing confusion so let me clarify these things and you can perhaps spread that amongst those who’d like to know.

Firstly is the story of Zohrah i.e. the angels being sent to Earth as “humans” to sin etc and realise first hand for themselves how hard it is to be a human, what a huge test it is, and why therefore the humans are better than the rest of creation because of it. This principle is correct without doubt, but the story of Zohrah was only mentioned as a support of this principle (i.e. that humans are better than the angels because they have to make the choice to avoid sin). Also note that I mentioned clearly in the lecture that the story has many different chains and also note that I said it was a story from the Israelites and that in my own personal conclusion it is only correct to say that is an authentic statement of Ka‘b al-Ahbar and never a Prophetic hadith, despite some ‘Ulema believing that. This is also the opinion of Ibn Hajr ® who has a separate book just on the chains of this narration.

Again, the reason for mentioning this story is to make the people realise that the Angels have come a long way from their surprise and contempt for mankind at the time of the creation of Sayyidina Adam (as), to their love and support for mankind once Allah jalla wa ‘ala told them, “I know (about them) what you don’t know.” The use of the stories of the Israelites are to be thought about only, to add context and to give a deeper sense of the history of the issue. They are not to be taken as ‘aqidah but they are also not to be thrown in the bin as we are taught by the best of generations.

Secondly, the salam of the Angels helping Ibrahim (as): Listen, there is no doubt that Allah jalla wa ‘ala was the One who commanded the fire to become cold. Indeed the Angels – particularly Jibril (as) in one narration – wanted to help Sayyidina Ibrahim (as) in the fire but he refused. Regardless, it is said that some Angels came and kept Ibrahim (as) company during his stay in the fire. And in any case, ta’wil could possibly be made here that regardless of how the fire was made cold through Angelic intervention, it would have to be the direct command and will of Allah ‘azza wa jall anyway, and completely impossible without that of course. But this is not the issue here.

No, what I want to say is what Imam al-Razi ® brilliantly mentioned: that the Angels are always seeking forgiveness for us, looking out for us, trying to cover our faults, make excuses for us, sending salams upon us etc. This is all over the Qur’an and Sunnah and I have mentioned some of that in the talk.

Specifically speaking though, when the “noble guest” Angels went to visit Sayyidina Ibrahim (as) as in Surat Hud, verse 69, in Surat’l-Hijr, verse 52 and Surat’l-Dhariyat, verse 25, they all pronounced salam upon Ibrahim (as). Imam al-Razi mentions that there has to be some barakah in that, some benefit in that, and that one of the blessings from that specific and general salams sent upon Ibrahim (as) from these Angels (the ‘Ulema differed whether they were 3, 4, 7, 10, 11 or 12 of them) was that Allah jalla wa ‘ala sent a real Salam upon His Prophet, a true peace and safety that saved him in the fire, after he was thrown in by Nimrod.

So what WE need to consider then is that perhaps if millions upon millions of Angels will come and keep company with the righteous servants of Allah who are worshipping Him during these blessed nights, then perhaps WE also might get a bonus and extra blessing of safety from Allah jalla wa ‘ala as He gave to His Prophet Ibrahim (as) after only a handful of Angels sent salams upon him.

Believe me folks, Imam al-Razi can be criticised sometimes, but this is a wonderfully deep and poignant reflection and I hope that everyone thinks about it carefully.

And thirdly and finally, it is not the practice of the early generations to give salams randomly to the Angels, or to ask them specifically for du‘a, although there isn’t anything blatantly prohibiting this action. Yet the guidance of the early ones is what will guide the later ones, may He jalla wa ‘ala write us from those that are guided to the Straight Path, ameen.

And Allah knows best.

http://alternativeen tertainment.wordpres s.com/2009/09/09/the -night-of-power/#com ments