Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Daily short talks

Malika   

Originally posted by Ms DD:

Every year I plan to memorise the Quran but i fail spectacularly. Oh Lod, when will i do it? I think I would have hada chance when i was younger.

Nah,its never too late to memorise the Quran,my mother did it just very recently,bless her!

Short Articles: Religion, Science & Islamic Perspective

-------------------- -------------------- -------------------- -------------------

Faith By Islam

As every Muslim knows or should know,Iman is the foremost and essential requirement of Islam. Without proper Iman, one cannot become a Muslim even if one is born in a Muslim family.In fact,Iman is something which has to be self consciously acquired in order to become a Muslim,constantly maintained in order to remain a Muslim,and continually reinforced and fortified in order to begin the next life as a Muslim. Therefore,Iman is something which cannot and should not be taken for granted.Unfortunatel y,many of us take it for granted. If Iman is so important that it is the gist of life here and a savior in the hereafter, then it becomes necessary for each of us to find out what Iman really is.It is not right to say that I am a Muslim and therefore I have Iman because I was born in a Muslim family.As we will see shortly,the Quran and that means Allah Almighty does not accept this as a valid argument. What is Iman and what is its definition in the context of Islam? This is a fundamental question concerning Muslims and Islam. But one thing is quite clear: A definition of Iman which contradicts any Quranic principle cannot be accepted as Iman in Islam, no matter where and whomsoever it may have come from. After this preamble,let us explore first of all the meaning of the arabic word Iman and its definition given in the Quran by Allah Almighty.

The root of the word Iman in arabic is a-m-n which means: to be calm and quiet in one's heart; to be protected from fear; trustworthiness and truthfulness (Taj al-Urus).Iman means to accept truthfully to be convinced to verify something to rely upon or have confidence in something.Iman is usually translated in English as faith or belief,and faith in turn signifies acceptance without proof or argument, without reference to reason or thought, knowledge or insight. According to the Quran, Iman is conviction which is based upon reason and knowledge; a conviction that results from full mental acceptance and intellectual satisfaction; the kind of conviction that gives one a feeling of inner contentment and peace. And a Mumin is one who accepts truth in such a way that it ensures his own peace and helps him to safeguard the peace and security of the rest of mankind. In fact, Al-Mumin is one of the attributes of God Himself Quran chapter 59 verse 23.

SeeKer   

Seems pertinent for this period in Ramadhan: Sprinting in the Last Days of Ramadhan by

I am always confused about the I'tekaf and Laylatul Qadr. I'tekaf seems to mean staying at the mosque for the whole ten days, is that what we are expected to do?

Oh, and one more question, is it wrong to be so moved by a reciter of Quran that you feel the need to meet them and get to know them redface.gif

Edit: SomaliCentric, I used to go to the other Shia school in Nai but we were in no means a religious lot. I remember being successful in removing religious education from the senior class curriculum. I got PO'ed after three months of continuously hearing about Ali (RA) being overlooked as the right Khalifa.

SeeKer   

I just love the voice ya akhi, I swear I didn't peek at him through the screen. ;)

In all seriousness, isn't it then wrong when people ask for specific reciters? My sister luv al sudias and I luv one of my local imam...'s voice :D I even thought of recording his talks too.

Ask for sudias...?

How many Imam are there?

Are they visiting Imams, you could make special request?

LooL@local meaning you could find him should the urge to hear one on one recition rises :D

SeeKer   

Lmao. No they are not traveling imams but I think they are apprenticing. There are two regular imams and the rest just take turns reciting Quran during Taraweh.

Sudais is just my sis fav so when we listen to Quran she always asks for his recitations (at home).

Ps:- I wouldn't find the brother ;) How could I? I have never seen his face.

SeeKer   

^He comes bearing complications of which I can't partake. So ahem I will just swoon to his recitation.

What about the other I'tekaf Q?

Here is another fav by an australian brother: Your last day in Dunya-Sheikh Feiz. His lectures are informative and best yet he is very entertaining Mashallah. Crickey @ the accent :D

Ps:- This is part of his Death series. He also has a Ramadhan series I believe.