Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Lambeth of Nomad Sayid Somali

Ibtisam   

^^^Lets not play games yeah, you implied it. :mad:

I will have you know that while I refused to take a Somali flag as a present, I still wore blue and white out of respect.

^LoooooooooooL...I see now. I wasn't talking within the context of this conversation. If you reread, I was addressing YOU to the fact Marx reminds me of kids that newly get educated in Qabyaalad and gets over-zealous to the point that Qabiilists (not you) ask them to tune it down.

I can understand your confusion since you were telling Marx to tune the Sland rhetoric. I was making analogy.

LooooooooooL@diploma tic..I like your middle of road attitude, but seriously why would anybody be offended by Somali on the day of its independence.

Ibtisam   

Okay I understand.

Che, I saw some people who were very very upset on the 26th June, that makes no sense to me either. :rolleyes:

^I concur That makes no SENSE. We actually held the celebrations in Beantown on 26th.Buluugo was first hoisted on the 26th,only id*ot would condemn such event!!

Ibtisam   

^^^And the song!!! Someone did not believe me when I tried to tell them that. They got very upset when I asked for the blue flag and anthem back IF the 26th was all about Somaliland, it is only fair we keep whoever celebrates the 26th keeps the flag and song.

^The unification was already predetermined hence the flag and the national anthem was agreed upon by all Somalis. It is just that two colonizers decided to hand the authority to Somalis on different dates.

That said, I don't see why would anyone object Somaliland using the flag and anthem. They were part of the same history and entitled to every bit of it.

I can understand if people oppose secession which I myself do, but everything about Somali state belonged to all Somalis. It was meant to unify including the ones colonized by Ethiopia, Kenya, and French.

:rolleyes: smile.gif:( :cool: redface.gif :mad: :eek: WTF is going here????

No wonder my head couldn't fit thru the door this morning and my ears have being burning over the weekend.

Listend Folks! - i am not the one deserving of praise here - i get paid to do this - if anybody should be praised and thanked for their selfless acts of charitable deeds to their fellow somalis are the volunteers such as Sheherazade, Baraf Ibtisaam, Paragon, Nahenda, Fabregas and the many others who are not members of SOL, nevertheless whose contrubition withouth this event would have not being possible.

Also people like Juxa (her firm Levenes) who sponsored this event - without even being asked i may add and of course the Somali business Dahabshiil and Qaran express who came thru for me and really represented everything good about Somalis.

May Allah (SWT) reward you lot for your effort and subsitute it with many Barakas. Aamiin.

Edit: forget to add the lovely ladies from Australia one being former member 'Nomadic Princess' i think she use go by. thank you two - you were stars.

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

quote:Originally posted by nuune:

Sayid Somali is in there in da link
smile.gif

Wiilka yaroo garka cad leh miyaa toloow?
:D

Very well done SS, Mansha'allah!!!
:D No i am the ninka Weyn oo Garka Cad leh

Nuune - dadka ha waalin - i am not in any of the pictures.

Marx - i thought you were coming what happened? Btw - it is Sayid not Siyad - polar opposites yaah!

^^ maxaan marayaa??

BTW:

we will hold this event again next year on Saturday 26th of June 2010 at the Oval Cricket ground insha'Allah. Soomaaliyeey Qabyaladda iska daayo oo kasoo qayb gala xafladda. or better yet ensure you celebrate the wonderful work done by our youngersters - we must acknowledge their hard work and effort in trying to better themselves and their people by their ambitions. i would encourage those of who are willing and able to do similar celebratory events in your neck of the woods so that the good ones are of young generations are talked about and they can be example to others.

Paragon   

^Sayid thanks for the lastminite.com delivery.

Oo ma kaa dhabbaa? You will be holding the event at the Brit Oval? That'd be swell! :D