Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Lambeth of Nomad Sayid Somali

NGONGE   

SS,

Talked about by whom?

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but, apart from the feel good factor of this, what else did you hope to achieve?

This is a serious question with the hope of seeing things from your point of view, saaxib.

What is your vision here?

P.s - Marx that Blue Flag with the white star belongs to all somalis regardless of political orientation. plus it was first hoisted in Hargeisa.

ngonge what happened to your affectionate slogan "stuff and nonesense" mise waad ii qarineysaa with your "good stuff" nonsense.

i am fishing for my vision at the moment - but i know this much - it is much bigger than opportunist slogan weaver named ngonge - who apparently rains on parades :D

on serious note saxiib - i hold the princeple: 'being an example to others thru good deeds and make tangible changes'

PAragon - did they accept it? - proper lastminute.com dheh

BTW: what is with the new lingos "marayaa", "isku dheceysaa" and what do they mean??

NGONGE   

^^ Ileen sensitive bad aheed? :D

War I was being serious. Just hoped there would be a bigger vision behind this (not that I am saying this on its own is not enough).

Malika   

Sayid,I think Ngonge wanted an 'Inspiring speech' from you rather then,erm..dee waxaad soo qortee..lol

Anywho,it is a good initiative,to inspire and celebrate positive attributes of our young people will encourage others to follow example..A positive action will create a positive reaction.

Perhaps not linking these young people celebration of achievement with independance of any nation,just it be celebration of their achievement,either be academic,or sports,art etc..

Malika - i made big mess of the whole thing to be frank on the day. 1st of July for me is not about indepedence day - more somali day - plus i am not one for great speeches. simple man with simple mind - nothing to write home about.

NGONGE   

Dee you'll get angry if I keep going. Ka bood, saaxib. :D

Malika,

bal adigo la hadal. He's got an NGONGE allergy.

Paragon   

^NGONGE, Is it the blue flag that go to you? Did your guru ask you to charge in no holes barred? :D

Sayidka, surprisingly they did. Binding they said. Ofcourse I had to do my smoothtaking with some of them :D

Malika   

Sayidka,see that as a learning curve rather then a mess..It will get easier am sure,stay positive.

Can the next year celebration target a wider participants? I mean awarding Achieving Somali kids right across UK..I know its a big task but am sure with such a dedicated volunteers its possible..

ps.We can lend a hand, including Ngonge.. :D

LOL@Paragon - it seems that way

Malika - that is good idea, i am not sure about UK wide but we can do London wide provided that you can bring Ngonge and his guru on board - smile.gif on seriouse note - that is actually do able - but my conditions stands - what you say my allergy??? :D

NGONGE   

^^ :D

I have no problem with the flag. It was the 1st of July after all. It is acceptable (and expectable) that some kunfurians (as our very own XX would say) would have been present in that event. icon_razz.gif

You were there, Paragon, what ideas did you have? Or was it just a day out for you?

Edit:

SS, next time you may be a bit reer magal and extend an invitation ninyo. I may not go for this sort of thing but I do have kids who might have liked it.

Ngonge - awaiting for your guru's permission i see - let me know when you get it.

Funny enough thinking about it. All the female volunteers where from Waqooyi, All male volunteers were from Bari (i mean the east, not the gobol) majority of the attendees where and combinations of males and female volunteers were from Koonfur and there were handful of reer Gabbal/Galbeed and two Djaboutins; and one Al Shabaab sympatheser and football hooligan - all somalis catered for in my events.

NGONGE   

^^ Myself and my guru have parted ways. He's a Kulmiye fan, saaxib. I'll be damned if I'd ask for permission from a Kulmiye fan! But we are still friends of course.

Anyway, well done on this good job. But think of an overall vision.