Sign in to follow this  
Socod_badne

What's the Purpose of Life?

Sayyid   

Well done sister, now all you've to do is to send me your details, so in order that I can send you the candy, I promised and generally speaking I like to keep my promises!

P.S. with details, I mean. What's your number, contact address and name etc.

SB, you’re a funny guy and sometimes you make good points. However, this consistent belittlement of Muslims is rather suspicious. I mean, no matter what you say you blv in, doubts creep in when one ‘sees differently’ with every topic discussed under Islam. Also, whether ur a Muslim or not is really no-body’s business on this site… these are mere discussions… but it would be good if u gave Islam its due because a lot of norms and values in Islam are considered admirable by non-Muslims… which is something I don’t see you do (I could be wrong as I haven’t read everything u wrote on these boards).

MMA, character-assassination? That was uncalled for.

Kashafa   

I know you're asking for our opinion, but forget us nomads. With this kinda question, you don't need 10 pages of debate. The answer to your question, yaa Socod-Badne, can be found in Verse 56, Chapter 51 in the Qu'ran. Grab the nearest copy of a Yusuf Ali and find out.

Check out this lecture by a ex-Air Force man who's title is the same as your question. 43 people accepted Islam the very night he delivered it. May it have the same effect on you and your cohorts. Can I get a Amen ?

Guhaad   

Alexus wrote: What about submitting to Allah? Yes, you will die, everyone is aware of that factor. If you die Kafaaxiye, where do you believe you will end up? I am curious to hear your in take on this matter

don't be curious anymore. whatever i do or say, i never have doubts about Islam. That is i will never even say the least to harm, distort, deny, or belittle any part of Islam in any way or form.

for were i will end up, i will never know, but ask Allah for Jannah. do you have the keys to that world :D

N.O.R.F   

The question posed is actually what a muslim should ask a non-muslim at work/school/uni. Try it and see their response. It will make them think about it and not just for a moment but for a while. Its one of the best ways of breaking the ice when trying to introduce someone to Islam. Therefore this could actually be a blessing in disguise for the nomads of SOL to go on a Dacwa offensive. Who agrees? Starting tomorrow everyone will ask this question to a work colleague or equivalant and see what happens. But please have some information to give.

ps - leave out the nonesense please!

Originally posted by Kashafa:

Check out this
by a ex-Air Force man who's title is the same as your question.

That has to be one of the best sites I've seen in a while. Not only can the lectures be completely downloaded for free... but also transferred to ipods.

Amen to that K. smile.gif

Salaam,

This reminds me the Confused Lebanese Poet- genius in early 19th century, and immigrant to America like his countryman “Khalil Jibran Khalil, Typical Ilya Abu Madi’s Talasim in his diwaan of Jadawil were he said roughly “I have come from Know not where, but I have comeâ€, and put together his Sonnet which you can easily say it was the mother of all doubter’s, were he even doubted all his existence,his life and his death, this how it goes just the begining:

جءت لا أعلم من أين ولكنى أتيت

ولقد أبصرت قدامي طريقا Ùمشيت

وساَبقي ساءراً إن شءت هذا أم أبيت

كي٠جءت؟ كي٠أبصرت طريقي

لست أدري ولماذا لست أدري لست أدري

I agree with Kashfa, read the quraan and see Surah: 21:15-17, you cannot miss the Imaan super highway in "Almu'munuun"

23:115 Did you, then, think that We created you in mere idle play, and that you would not have to return to Us?â€

Ø£ÙŽÙَحَسÙبْتÙمْ أَنَّمَا خَلَقْنَاكÙمْ عَبَثًا وَأَنَّكÙمْ Ø¥Ùلَيْنَا لَا تÙرْجَعÙونَ

23:116 [KNOW,] then, [that] God is sublimely exalted, the Ultimate Sovereign, the Ultimate Truth: there is no deity save Him, the Sustainer, in bountiful almightiness enthroned!

Ùَتَعَالَى اللَّه٠الْمَلÙك٠الْحَقّ٠لَا Ø¥ÙÙ„ÙŽÙ‡ÙŽ Ø¥Ùلَّا Ù‡ÙÙˆÙŽ رَبّ٠الْعَرْش٠الْكَرÙيمÙ

23:117 Hence, he who invokes, side by side with God, any other deity [- a deity] for whose existence he has no evidence - shall but find his reckoning with his Sustainer: [and,] verily, such deniers of the truth will never attain to a happy state!

ÙˆÙŽÙ…ÙŽÙ† يَدْع٠مَعَ اللَّه٠إÙلَهًا آخَرَ لَا بÙرْهَانَ لَه٠بÙÙ‡Ù ÙÙŽØ¥Ùنَّمَا Ø­ÙسَابÙه٠عÙندَ رَبّÙه٠إÙنَّه٠لَا ÙŠÙÙْلÙح٠الْكَاÙÙرÙونَ

or easily say “ inaa lilah wa ina ilayhi raajicuunâ€

Janna   

Originally posted by Kafaaxiye:

quote: Alexus wrote: What about submitting to Allah? Yes, you will die, everyone is aware of that factor. If you die Kafaaxiye, where do you believe you will end up? I am curious to hear your in take on this matter

don't be curious anymore. whatever i do or say, i never have doubts about Islam. That is i will never even say the least to harm, distort, deny, or belittle any part of Islam in any way or form.

for were i will end up, i will never know, but ask Allah for Jannah. do you have the keys to that world
:DNo I don't "...have the keys to that world". However if you believe in the teachings of Islam, why couldn't you answer the question in this manner; The purpose of life is to worship Allah?

Khalaf   

Asslaamu Alaykum,

As some of have said, the purpose of life is to worship Allah, and follow the commandments of the Qu’ran. Life is short, look how time passes these days, everyday we get closer to our deaths. Sh*t is scary, but its reality, most bani Adam try to ignore it, until its too late.

This Hadith, always has scared me and made me question things:

Narrated by Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with him);

Allah’s Messenger (saw), the true and truly inspired said: “(as regards to creation), every one of you is collected in the womb of his mother for the first forty days, and then he becomes a clot for another forty days, and then a piece of flesh for another forty days. Then Allah sends an angel to write four words: He writes his deeds, time of his death, means of his livelihood, and whether he will be wretched or blessed (in the Hereafter). Then the soul is breathed into his body. So a man may do deeds characteristic of the people of the (Hell) Fire, so much that there is only the distance of a cubit between him and it, and then what has been written (by the angel) surpasses, and so he starts doing deeds characteristic of the people of Paradise and enters Paradise. Similarly, a person may do deeds characteristic of the people of Paradise, so much so that there is only the distance of a cubit between him and it, and then what has been written (by the angel) surpasses, and he starts doing deeds of the people of the (Hell) Fire and enters the (Hell) Fire.†(Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 4 Hadith No. 549).

Allah knows best, may we be the sahabah of Jannah.

I had long talk with imam at my masjid, asked him if everything is predestined, what’s the point, heck I might be doing all these good deeds, and was written as the ppl of the Fire ( I seek in Allah’s refuge), his answer can fill volumes, but the bottom line was

he said Abdul, a person finds easy to do the deeds that will led him to his destined place.

Guhaad   

Okay. the game is going very well. let me divide the teams into their proper positions and give their team names. the first team is called Ayaan (SB) Xirsi (Johnny) Cali (Pi), for lack of space we will abbreviate this team's name as AXC . the second team will be Ummah Sol, which will be UmSol as well.

the teams are led by the initiator of this topic, SB, and Khayr for the UmSol. the score thus far is;

AXC: 0

UmSol: 1

we are well aware that the AXC is in a coordination stage where they are looking for the proper responses to not one question raised but many external suggestions. The only difference between the two groups is that AXC seemed to be determined, well organized, and small in numbers.

As for the fans, more are pledging allegiance to the UmSol group. we will keep up the score as the debate continues.

remember; i am just a score keeper redface.gif

Alexus, i said life is to be lived. Nothing is wrong with that

Janna   

Originally posted by Kafaaxiye:

Alexus, i said life is to be lived. Nothing is wrong with that

It does become a problem when you fail to mention life is about worshipping Allah. Life is about living by the laws of Allah. ;) Am I correct?

Now, This was a topic I avoided to discuss due to its depth and the time it requires; and time has neva been my friend while the waves of emotions within me confirm that it's anomosity towards me to be well established.

Whenever someone asks such questions I dwell into details and specifics. there is no universal or uniform purpose of life is always my conclusion.

For my brothas who reminded us the purpose of Life is to Worship Allah. I can't say it better coz the Ayah (The Quranic verse) told us Why Allah has Created Humans and Jins but let me remind you that is the general answer. What It doesn't answer is when you go into particular person/ indidvidual. For example What is My Purpose? As Legend..why Am I created instead of some other Ahmed or Ali etc. Why Me? What is my purpose in this life?

In the general purpose, you can say the Prophet (SAW) was created to worship Allah. On the other hand his personal purpose was to spread Kalimatullaah and once he delivered the message his time on this earth was finished.

My take on this issue is No one has the same purpose in life.

I can see some of you (the readers) smilling and saying to themselves Legend has erred here and the question was about Life its self and not individual's purpose.

If Life's purpose in general is what you asking I say to you define Life? only those things that we can define, can we know their purpose. if you insist that you need to know the purpose of life in order to define it then I tell you "lets find out who created it whoever you believe created this life is the one who should tell you What was the purpose behind his creation" And as for the muslims he told them and Hence The Ayah.

Cheers

PS: Of course haste writting has never been of any help

Ibtisam   

Xiin; i can't read Somali so i have no idea what you said;

saayid:

Really :rolleyes: please don't fall off your high horse on my account. Thank your luck stars that you have not been in doubt yet, it is usual people like you who do not envisage this happening that do not get back on track. As i said my faith does not need to be justified to anyone.

Johnny B   

^ 2Xininyod, ------------------!!

So, anyone who doesen´t agree with the specefic idea of life having an extrinsic meaning according to an specific school of thought is in the ( according to Kifaaxiye ) AXC team?

PI , Ibtisam, Ahura , Castro and SB are everything but faithless people,i.e Atheists?

This is inline with what Ibtisam pointed at at the begining, some wanna be Mullahs just have to put folk into diffrent categories of their liking.

Ladies and gentlemen, contribute to the subject matter representing nobody but yourself and cut the personl attacks.

If we argue anyone who holds a diffrent idea to either change her/his name , to agree with our narrow view or risk beeing taken out of the fold of specific Religion, we´ll get nowhere.

[ March 02, 2006, 13:28: Message edited by: Kooleey ]