Sign in to follow this  
Socod_badne

What's the Purpose of Life?

Khayr   

Originally posted by Johnny:

^ 2Xininyod, --------------------!!

So, anyone who doesen´t agree with the specefic idea of life having an extrinsic meaning according to an specific school of thought is in the ( according to Kifaaxiye ) AXC team?

PI , Ibtisam, Ahura , Castro and SB are everything but faithless people,i.e Atheists?

This is inline with what Ibtisam pointed at at the begining, some wanna be Mullahs just have to put folk into diffrent categories of their liking.

Ladies and gentlemen, contribute to the subject matter representing nobody but yourself and cut the personl attacks.

If we argue anyone who holds a diffrent idea to either change her/his name , to agree with our narrow view or risk beeing taken out of the fold of specific Religion, we´ll get nowhere.

^^^^

Quackkkk,

Quackkkk,

Quackkkk,

Oooh thats the sound of ducks when they march together.... icon_razz.gif

Johnny,

------------->>>>> LOOK THAT WAYYYY

your boss is calling you-go get her coffee

and leave nomads who have strong religious inclinations.

[ March 02, 2006, 13:28: Message edited by: Kooleey ]

Ibtisam   

Do you guys believe that your behaviour and attitude dos Justice to the teaching of Islam, what makes you guys any better than fundamentalist, and other individuals who twist Islam to suit their purpose. Seeing some of the things posted here makes one ashamed of Muslim people. No one is sinless, and no should claim to be. This thread did not ask for a Islamic insight nor a quote from the quran, nor did it ask for contributions of judgemental individuals who sole purpose is to attack people based on assumptions they formulated from the threads posted by user names.

Everyone can find the Islamic perceptive: we have not created mankind and jinni but to worship me. Everybody knows that, we all went to Islamic schools.

Xiin. if your insist on being difficult then Do so without mentioning my name, we have nothing to say to each other as we clearly have communication issues. Good bye smile.gif

The rest of you; you are not angels, if you have so much faith in Allah, then trust he knows what we are up to, our intentions and believes, and he will be the judge of that, he does not need you working on his account.

That’s the last post i am going to be civilized and polite, lord knows you don't deserve it. :rolleyes:

Arawella   

I am still trying to crack the code that will justify what is the purpose of my life. I know and firmly believe that I should obey and worship Allah, for he come first and foremost for me.

However that is just part of the purpose so what is the rest that would complete my circle. Is the purpose of life a binding script that should be adhered to or does our purpose change with life circumstances?

Are we all, for instance to be good citizens, to respect and give to others, to be proactive individuals. I think not, for each individual’s personal mission differ. Then is our purpose of life a script that is only completed when we die.

Laba-X   

^ 2Xinin -----------------!!

...All yours mate!

Xiin. if your insist on being difficult then Do so without mentioning my name, we have nothing to say to each other as we clearly have communication issues. Good bye

...I'm glad to see you're not letting your education get in the way of your ignorance!

That’s the last post i am going to be civilized and polite, lord knows you don't deserve it

...Aduunya-geddoon! Dumar baa maanta inoo hanjabaya! smile.gif

[ March 02, 2006, 13:27: Message edited by: Kooleey ]

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Khayr:

Quackkkk,

Quackkkk,

Quackkkk,

Oooh thats the sound of ducks when they march together....
icon_razz.gif

Johnny,

------------->>>>> LOOK THAT WAYYYY

your boss is calling you-go get her coffee

and leave nomads who have strong religious inclinations.

^ On a level Mr Khyar on a level.

Just becouse i don´t operate at your low level of contention it doesn´t mean i don´t know how to .

:D

Naden   

Here's my take on the purpose of MY life:

1) Professionally and financially, to open my own HR consulting company and begin saving for retirement as soon as student loans are under control. Being covered in my later years is very important to help me keep my dignity and help my son with his future when not working anymore.

2) Personally, I will continue to support the building of elementary and intermediate schools back home. No sense giving money to universities that crop up every month when basic literacy is in peril. Raising the basic literacy of my people is central to my mission in life, it is the only way to life people out of misery and exploitation.

I've volunteered in literacy programs in one form or another for the past 10 years. My effort in the past few has been largely financially supporting small schools and sending books and supplies whenever I can.

The 'purpose' of my life, as I understood the question, is to use my education and principals to promote education. Worshipping God is a given and the purpose of the creation of mankind.

Some of you can't seem to understand that an individual life can have a differing purpose than another. You've answered the question to your understanding and it would be great not to throw up all over anyone else's. Your faith won't fall out of your head if you're not preaching and mocking others.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Libertarian:

2) Personally, I will continue to support the building of elementary and intermediate schools back home. No sense giving money to universities that crop up every month when basic literacy is in peril.
Raising the basic literacy of my people is central to my mission in life, it is the only way to life people out of misery and exploitation.

I've volunteered in literacy programs in one form or another for the past 10 years. My effort in the past few has been largely financially supporting small schools and sending books and supplies whenever I can.

The 'purpose' of my life, as I understood the question, is to use my education and principals to promote education. Worshipping God is a given and the purpose of the creation of mankind.

It is not a 'given' to most people, hence the need for Revelation and constant reminders.

According to traditional religions; One's life should be re-aligned constantly and consistently fit into the Thesis of Life-worshipping their Lord etc.

So I can't understand where there can be a 'Secularization' of Life into Personal life goals and all else.

Naden/libi,

How will 'literacy' help others to achieve the Thesis of Life?

And by litercacy, what language should they be 'literate' in and why?

Some of you can't seem to understand that an individual life can have a differing purpose than another. You've answered the question to your understanding and it would be great not to throw up all over anyone else's. Your faith won't fall out of your head if you're not preaching and mocking others.

Once again, attacking other nomads.....

Originally posted by Johnny:

So, anyone who doesen´t agree with the specefic idea of life having an extrinsic meaning according to an specific school of thought is in the ( according to Kifaaxiye ) AXC team?

PI , Ibtisam,
Ahura
, Castro and SB are everything but faithless people,i.e Atheists?

Well, to be fair to Kafaaxiye, he didn't actually include me or Ibtisam in the AXC team. Altho the rubbishing of ppl into categories doesn't sit well with me, I thought I should clarify.

Khayr, haayoo weydii. Just how will literacy help people align their lives with the Lord? Being able to read or write is not important for understanding your diin, is it? LoL..

Guhaad   

^thank you Ahura, and i did it on purpose :D

Johnny, no catagorization. i am neither allied with any group, but since the subject was going to the battlefield, we might as well have a referee or something. so, please let me continue to do that; it has been brought to my attention that this question;

MMA, saaxib in the spirit of fairness and despite SB's perceived "failures", I strongly urge you to either provide us with your proof or rescind this grave accusation. That you brought this out in public forces you to do one of the things I asked above. To be sure, you either:

1) Retract your accusation or

2) Provide unambiguous proof of your claim.

posted by Castro never recieved an answer, changing the score to;

AXC: 1/2

UmSol: 1

Xiin;

little too harsh. this will niether get you somewhere or anyone else; so if that is all you got, keep it inside

Alexus;

Now when i say life is to be lived, everyone thinks of it differently. you wouldn't expect an American to live the same way you do, right. smile.gif

Pi   

Will you readally-challenged (so its a clumsy neologism, so what) stop calling him Xiin. It just happens to be someone else's nick. Call this dude either Labo Xiniinyood, Labo, or Xiniin. Dammit.

P.S. I am not bored

Naden   

Literacy means the ability to read/write any language and is a prerequisite for picking up any additional languages. I don't understand why you put literacy in quotations and I am vague on what you think is a thesis of life. If you can't undersand why literacy is important in improving the lives of people in all its facets, then further debate is not necessary.

I also don't understand what you mean by a 'secularization' of life and why you see personal life goals as being in contradiction with religious convictions.

Originally posted by Khayr:

It is not a 'given' to most people, hence the need for Revelation and constant reminders.

According to traditional religions; One's life should be re-aligned constantly and consistently fit into the Thesis of Life-worshipping their Lord etc.

So I can't understand where there can be a 'Secularization' of Life into Personal life goals and all else.

Naden/libi,

How will 'literacy' help others to achieve the Thesis of Life?

And by litercacy, what language should they be 'literate' in and why?

Once again, attacking other nomads..... [/QB]

Ibtisam   

Kafaaxiye

i must have missed your post. :D now that i have. i will sit back and watch the fight. can i cheer for a team? :D

Labaoo xxin. i guess you could not contain your self to be polite; your post was so bad that it had to be edited; what can someone like you contribute to ISlam; nothing :rolleyes:

Guhaad   

Ibtisam: i must have missed your post. [big Grin] now that i have. i will sit back and watch the fight. can i cheer for a team? [big Grin]

Why not. Can you tell us who that might be. i am sure that will tip the scale

Labaoo xxin. i guess you could not contain your self to be polite; your post was so bad that it had to be edited; what can someone like you contribute to ISlam; nothing [Roll Eyes]

totally agree :D

J.Lee   

The purpose of life: to live to die; only to die to live again.

Everything goes back to its origin.

P.s

Don't quote me on this.