Sign in to follow this  
Socod_badne

What's the Purpose of Life?

Originally posted by AbdulNoor:

Our reasoning, answers are based on what we believe, to say to us discuss without Quranic/Islamic view is irrelevant, since our outlook on how we live, our code of life is influenced by our faith.

Goodness gracious! What are you on man? Seriously. Helloooo! Are you there?!?!?! Are we connected?! Hellooo! Where did I stipulate what sources one should refer to? I re-read my original post a 1001 times, I can't for the life of me see how you could've read anything remotely alike. I'm stumped.

Thus worship of Allah influences our manners, our careers/education, how we spend our time, how we think, how we live, ect.

I only wish that was true but reality says otherwise. Somalis worship Allah, don't they? Did Allah tell us to kill each other over qabiils or practice FGM? NO!

Khayr   

Like I said before
I reject the Sunnah, I explained my reasons. I'm not trying to dissuade you from adhering to the Sunnah.
It is your right to worship anything you please. Just like it is my right to worship who I please -- God and God only.

B/c you explained your 'Reasons' does not give you a 'RIGHT' to yell 'I'M A KAFIR' on here. We are nomads and by in large-MUSLIM. Thats were our identity and values stem from. Rejecting the Sunnah is clear KUFFIR. No ifs or buts about it.

If I were a Mod. I would DELETE the comments that you made on this thread in a hearbeat.

Abraar, don't bother responding to him as his 'PURPOSE' has been unraveled by MMA and in SB's writings on this thread.

SB, Allah yahdeeka!

Guhaad   

ok.the game has taken new dimenstions, that if not changed every soon will take new form. we know the game as changed from group-group to individual-group. the AXC group have become a one man show, dominated and engineered by Ayaan (SB), missing players like Xirsi (Johnny), and Cali (Pi). if over the weekend, these members don't join the team, we will rename them . but, now, SB is doing great in holding up alone. The New Score is;

AXC: 1.75

UmSol: 2.0

:cool:

Originally posted by Abraar:

[QB]
quote:

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

there is no universal or uniform purpose of life is always my conclusion.

I can't help but be slightly confused here. .
Abraar..you completely missed the point I was making... And if you read deeply into what you wrote and what its implying perhaps you will understand where I was coming from...

As far as I am concerned i have no desire to start a debate within a debate... So if You will like to clear the confusion... and me correct you in that sense..the best approach is to start a topic in The Islam Section..

Cheers

Gabbal   

Kafaaxiye waan is naqaan. Your game is see through.

Khayr/Abraar

Shaydaanka qof u duufsaday Alaa tacaalaa kali yaa soo hanuuninkarayo. Iimaanki baa ka tagay, qalbigooda baa adkaaday, wadnahoodi baa madoobaaday. Calaa kuli xaal, sow Ayaan Xersi Cali Somali ma sheegato, then SB and JB maxaa loola yaabi?

Ayaan justifies her anti-Islamic stance because her family forced her into an arranged marriage that was not necessarily sanctioned by the Islamic religon, so unless JB and SB backgroundkooda la ogaado, we will never get to the bottom of this frusteration toward Islam brought on by, in my humble belief, negative human experience.

Also, I find it quite extraordinary how those nomads along with Ibtisam failed to make the distinction between the religion (Islam) and the worshipper (Muslim). I sense alot of their anti-Islamic positions and grievance have much to do with actions of supposed Muslims as opposed to what is actually sanctioned by the Islamic religion. Do they not know Islam is perfect whereas Muslims are not? Do they not know that Islam has no mistakes whereas Muslims can be prone to making mistakes in how they carry out or do not carry out their religion?

Of course they do not know or choose to ignore it, because then they would made the distinction between the religion (untainted) and worshippers (mere humans who are not exempt from making mistakes).

Guhaad   

Kashanre, though i am not a man of many words, this comment you made;

Kafaaxiye waan is naqaan. Your game is see through.

i must admit is the stupidest one i have seen in my stay so far. anyways, i will repead what Pi said bit earlier;

Kashanre, sxb, keep posting more pictures of the conference in Baydhabo. And stay in the politics forum. Science and religion are not your forte. I'm sure you'd agree.

Since this is not your 'forte', you probably want to do the same thing i am doing, or worse, looking for an exit strategy by picking on the score keeper. redface.gif

i think you are in the wrong PLACE. your presence will only harm the UmSol team. :D

Johnny B   

This thread could have been more intresting,it´s philosophical question could of have been genuinely addressed, had it not been hijacked by few indivituals who by all means have to have their voice heard and their ideas unquestionably accepted as if they were the ONLY true Muslims on SOL.

As you can all see it is not about debating a given subject matter, it is about personal harassment and name calling , and that is not a level i or any civilly minded person virtually descends to.

These indivituals can´t civilly argue for their views so they poision the well and attack personally whoever utters a diffrent and coherent view. i can´t help but wonder what Kafaaxiye might have done now.

these indivituals rather discuss and debate the persona and beleifs of anybody they see fit , i.e Socod-Badne´s persona my belifs Ahura´s name, Ibtisam´s persona and even Ayan Hersi´s life, instead of frankly contributing their view points and arguing possitively as to why their view is the correct one.

Had they been of solid,robust and sound ideas they woulden´t need to do that , but unfortunately that is not the case.

These indivituals doesen´t seem to understand how to critically think and obviously lack aptitude,so they´ve difficulties understanding views that rock and shake the very shaky ideology of which their weak view points lean on.

to those indivituals i just say "BAH"!!

This is not personal , but i´d difficulties trying NOT to laugh at the way sister Abraar unconsciously but proudly was contradicting herself by giving life both extrinsic and intrinsic meanings at the same time.

In one hand she tells us that life has an absolute intrinsic meaning and that is to worship God,yet at the same breath she tells us that life has some sort of a foreordained extrinsic meaning which rationally defeats the first.

here is how:

If life has an absolute intrinsic meaning and that is what God wants (God always gets what he wants),then God has spoken, right? wait a minute, if that is the case then how come human beeings can extrinsically override the absolute intrinsic meaning of life imposed by God?... a tip: maybe God wants us to use this ability of giving our lives a meaning of our own or maybe life has never had an intrinsic meaning in the first place. ;)

Blaming sister Abraar is a side issue, becouse she is under the influence of the contrived philosophy that blosters the status quo,it is difficult to stand against the reactionary religious propaganda that is constantly beeing drummed into the unthinking minds, that tells her that she is nothing , her life has no meaning but to worship God and serve her eventual husband among other three females,that she can think as far as her nose but not further,she is threatened with a promise of helfire if she questions the essence of some of the imposed duties,she is told that her whole life is controled by other forces and all she can do is obey.

And to keep her at bay she is told that invisible beeings are recording her deads so she can´t disobey.

It is great that we´ve rule #7 of SOL. :D

Oz   

Our success lies not in obeying our thirsts but in controlling them in obedience to Allah. Our goal is not to maximize our pleasures here, but to reach the house of eternal pleasures. Once we embrace

this perspective, it brings joy to this life as well, but it is a materially different kind of joy than one finds in obeying one's basal desires. The Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, said, "The coolness of my eyes lies in offering Salat."

Let us heed the wake-up call from the Prophet saw : "I have not seen anything as dreadful as the Fire whose evader is asleep and anything as desirable as Paradise whose seeker is asleep."

Jacpher   

Originally posted by Johnny:

These indivituals can´t civilly argue for their views so they poision the well and attack personally whoever utters a diffrent and coherent view. i can´t help but wonder what Kafaaxiye might have done now.

these indivituals rather discuss and debate the persona and beleifs of anybody they see fit , i.e Socod-Badne´s persona my belifs Ahura´s name, Ibtisam´s persona and even Ayan Hersi´s life, instead of frankly contributing their view points and arguing possitively as to why their view is the correct one.

Had they been of solid,robust and sound ideas they woulden´t need to do that , but unfortunately that is not the case.

These indivituals doesen´t seem to understand how to critically think and obviously lack aptitude,so they´ve difficulties understanding views that rock and shake the very shaky ideology of which their weak view points lean on.

I guess posting demeaning and disgusting imagery of great prophets Mohamed and Issa (caleyhimu salaam) is considered critical thinking & contributing positively to the viewpoint?? You would think only in Jaahil planet such thing would occur but apparently not.

Soomaalidu markaan oo kale waxay tiraahdaa, “Af nooli waa hadlaa eyna waa ciyaa.†I couldn’t help it there.

Gabbal   

If I have never seen a more contradictory statement!

We have "difficulties" "understanding" views that shake our foundation and ideologies of which our view point leans on not because of our sound Iimaan (ilaahay haku siiyo) but because we "lack" critical thinking skills and and we "lack" aptitude (pray aptitude for what)?

JB, walaal, ilaahay haku soo hanuuniye waa lagaa dhexhadlahayaaye.

Johnny B   

Ducaqabe, you´ve been trying for too long,

get it off your chest atheer,it is on the house! :D

Beeing really religiously sensible is not tantamount to readily reaching for the handkerchief in first best chance.

No wonder that none of your only two posts on this thread addresses the subject matter but willingly bite on Socod-Badne´s persona and mine.

The tradition of empty cans is thriving ;)

Atheer, what was the topic again? :D

We have "difficulties" "understanding" views that shake our foundation and ideologies of which our view point leans on not because of our sound Iimaan (ilaahay haku siiyo) but because we "lack" critical thinking skills and and we "lack" aptitude (pray aptitude for what)?

Atheer, not only has a grim future befallen that sperm and egg, someone could simply have done mother Nature a fever.

Atheer where is the contradiction in A becouse of lack of B? eh skip it, who am i kidding , i´m adressing Khashanre the politician. :D

Back to the topic:

Truley but sadly your narrow point of view is not shared by many Muslims on this thread, so keep categorizing people as you see fit , thus you can atleast try to hide the wickedness of your stand point. :D

Kheyr,

If it makes you feel better, go ahead and use all the pejorative labels at your discretion against me and all that disagree with you. We all gotta do whatever gets us through the day and puts us to sleep at night, right?. So do what you have to do, it's your prerogative!

Where you do yourself no good is your outright contempt for other grating opinions. What gives you the right to say what others can and can't say? Isn't this an open forum, as long as house rules are obeyed, all goes. If you're distressed by what others say, relieve is mouse-click away. You do know where the BACK button is right? Use it!

Originally posted by Kashanre:

Ayaan justifies her anti-Islamic stance because her family forced her into an arranged marriage that was not necessarily sanctioned by the Islamic religon

I believe Ayaan Hirsi rejects Islam all together, questions even the Quran, I don't. Neither do I blame Islam for what muslims do as Islam is, at least in spirit, against clanism/tribalism. Yet somalis (99%+ muslim) and many muslims are clanists/tribalists.

Also, I find it quite extraordinary how those nomads along with Ibtisam failed to make the distinction between the religion (Islam) and the worshipper (Muslim).

Actually I DO. Obviously you and other jaundiced folks here don't. I don't blame jewism for what jews are doing to muslims in Palastine, that is not REAL jewism. Same with america, I don't hold them responsible for the baleful results of their cavalier gun-ho and hegemonist policies, that is not REAL americanism. Don't you agree with me? :D

Pi   

Okay. We're nine pages into the thread already with no discussion. Just some old underhanded digs, sarcastic remarks, blasphemous sayings, and crazy aspersions.

Johnny: Dude, you have beliefs that are different from most people on this forum. That's fine. Everyone knows that and you're obviously free to do so. But if you're really here to have a real discussion, then you should take it up with Sheikh Nur or any of the other knowledgable nomads. Didnt Nur challenge you to a debate a while back? Be a man, and take it up!

SB: What's the topic, man? The purpose of life or attacking Sunnah of the prophet? I might've missed it, but did you give us your "personal" understanding on the purpose of life? Ok, so you were answering other people's aspersions and digressions. Fair enough, even though you didnt have to and you dont have to. Stick to the topic, unless the purpose of life is not really the topic.

Kafaaxiye: We're all tryna learn something here. Its a serious topic and you should treat it that way, dude.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Thinker:

Our success lies not in obeying our thirsts but in controlling them in obedience to Allah. Our goal is not to maximize our pleasures here, but to reach the house of eternal pleasures. Once we embrace

this perspective, it brings joy to this life as well, but it is a materially different kind of joy than one finds in obeying one's basal desires. The Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, said, "The coolness of my eyes lies in offering Salat."

Let us heed the wake-up call from the Prophet saw : "I have not seen anything as dreadful as the Fire whose evader is asleep and anything as desirable as Paradise whose seeker is asleep."

I agree, this is good advice, jazaAllah khayrun!

Castro   

Any Muslim (should) know what God's purpose for us in this life is. That it is "to worship and bow down" is also a given. The manifestation of that worship comes in many forms. Those who understand the message are humbled by it. They share with and care about their fellow Muslims and humans. They carry on their business of this life and the next without any flashing neon signs screaming "look at me, I'm a pious Muslim". Then there are those who, for some reason or the other, find it necessary to scream that line whenever they're within whispering distance of anyone and in the same breath call anyone within shouting distance a kaafir. That is subterfuge. It's not your business who believes in what. Muhammad (scw) said lakum diinakum waliya deen. Who are you, as 21st century cyber-mullahs no less, to call anyone a kaafir? Your words (probably your actions offline too) are nothing but contempt for others since without denigrating them you can't see yourselves in a positive light. These are telltale signs of an impotent mind and a heart darkened with sickness. You can beat your chests and scream as loud as you want. Do know, however, that no one here cares about your personal beliefs as none of you will be sharing a grave with anyone else. That we have to share this life on earth (and this forum) with you is a most unfortunate event.

My purpose in life is to help alleviate the suffering of my fellow man.