Sign in to follow this  
Socod_badne

What's the Purpose of Life?

Gabbal   

Socod Badne

Is this topic your current classroom discussion? Your trend is very noticiable sxb. Mark my words sxb, your professor's words meelna kaama saareeso.

The purpose of life is to worship the lord that created you. That is the purpose of life whether you believe it or not, accept it or not.

N.O.R.F   

Yes Castro, another sad day. We have a whole generation of uneducated people who have experienced nothing but war with a dream to go to the EU. I dont blame them as they just want to live their lives. The desperation has gotten ridiculous in all respects. From the innocents to the gun wielding thugs, desperation saxib, desperation.

J.Lee   

Very sad, the people need educating big time. They all seem to think Yemen, Dubai (or UAE in genral), Saudi (all be it on a hopeful transit to the EU) are good places for them. If only they knew

Igu raac ama iga diid, but those places are far more better than Somalia: Think about it. How bad must the conditions of our country and that of our neighbor be if its citizens are risking death and Allah knows what else rather than live there?

As far as they are concerned it can't be worse than what they are running from walaal.

N.O.R.F   

^^when you see fellow Somalis begging in Dubai and Makkah you will also ask yourself, why dont they just go back home? Sitting on street corners asking people for money is not my idea of better conditions.

Wosrt thing is, every other Pakistani is working his socks off doing the hardest of jobs and earning very little in comparison to the actual work he is doing. But he is 'working' whereas Somalis sit there begging.

J.Lee   

What else could they do walaal but depend on the kindness of strangers?

When Somali families first migrated to America, they had to beg Uncle Sam to receive some of his government cheese because they weren't able to stand on their own two feet and support themselves yet.

Maandhow, I see a little difference with that situation and this.

Besides, maxaa ka horeeyo even if they decided to go back home?

Would their situation or living conditions change?

Arawella   

Go back to what? When you have no family, job, home except awful memories,ho is begging in Somali better than doing so in more developed countries?

I have seen fewer Somali beggers than the Pakistanis during my stays in the Middle East. I have learnt that since Somali are part of the Arab Nation working as street cleaner would be an abashment to group. Hence with limited job options some are forced to beg.

We should not be so hasty to criticise given that our circumstances are much better than those living in lesser conditions.

N.O.R.F   

^^So how much does one pay for a trip across to Yemen? Then what? Beg?

The amount used for the boat trip can start a small business so the no job theory is out. Plus many are from stable areas and have families for support.

Yes our circumstances are better and so is theirs before they move across the water, thats if they make it!

Zafir   

^^How will they know (if they live in better conditions), unless they try to see, if the other side of the fence is actually greener.

Guhaad   

^^ haha, Alexus, he must be in your 'ignore list'. hahaha. well, every question is important here. I know SB fully knows the answer than I do. but, here is my take, the purpose of life is;

1. to live

2. live

3. die

Johnny B   

Originally posted by ALexus.:

Why answer this idiotic member?

Yeah , why answer?!

** Johhny tosses his bulletproof vest to Alexy **

Go Alexy, Go Alexy !!

P.s ... Whatever the purpose of life might be, am sure that it is not threatening SB or his professors with helfire. :D

What happened here? How did my innocent and pristinely unmistakable thread end getting derailed so far off tracks? Focus people! I asked about your thoughts on the Purpose of Life not post tragic news stories.

I should've been more perspicuous and stated I want you nomad's personal opinions not standard text book replies. Thanks but I've heard or read them all... that is why I've asked you all to share your personal takes so maybe I can learn something new.

Lets try it again: according to your personal opinion what is the Purpose of Life? Is it intrinsic or extrinsic?

Share.

Originally posted by Mumia Abu-Jamal:

Now we are waiting to hear Socod badne and Ibtisam. State clearly what is your position on this very important issue.

You'll have to wait a little longer. Of course, always after the ladies. I'll give you my take once Ibtisam cracks open her chestnut.

Originally posted by Kashanre:

Socod Badne

Is this topic your current classroom discussion? Your trend is very noticiable sxb. Mark my words sxb, your professor's words meelna kaama saareeso.

I don't go to school! By that I mean I don't go to accredited school. I attend Mickey Mouse University... as a prof.

[quot]The purpose of life is to worship the lord that created you. That is the purpose of life whether you believe it or not, accept it or not.

How sad! Now you're left with spitting cosmic debris?