Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

A Timely Wedding- Libaax_SankaTaabte His wedding!!

Sophist   

Timely Wedding- A tale of tapestry

(Hilton Hotel, London)

The Persons of the Play

Jamal11 Barwaaqo

Sophist Amina

London Lad Sujuwi

Jabarti Mob_Deep and Leamante

‘A reviewer is he who can translate into another manner or a new material his impression of beauty’

As I came in, I have noticed that the Hall was filled with rich odour of roses, and when the light winter wind stirred amidst the guests, there came through the open doors heavy scent of lilac and more over-perfumed guests. The guests poured like water in a cannel into the Hall where the wedding ceremony was taking place. Men dressed moderately and ladies with their ostentatious Diracyo along with enormously gigantic pieces of gold that gleamed against the awfully lighten walls. This was not a normal wedding. Normality is the prosaic activity of the commoners. This ceremony had an air of distinction many of our invitees would envy greatly. The sophistication of the guests, the splendour of the venue and the atmosphere was something that was crispy and deliciously mouth-dropping. The groom was serene with sense of tranquillity that shone from his well oiled cheeks (My fellow I hope you don’t mind the description). He seemed as a young prince marching through luscious green fields to find a new life which he had longed for eternity…..

As any event there are some who spoil it for the other well turn out majority. In this happy occasion Some of the guests dressed as though they were going shopping to a Sunday Market (For those American readers; this is a market place where everything is ridiculously cheap- like Who dies merchandises ‘hoodheyd’). It was simply careless of them to show up in such hideous garments which embarrassed them when they arrived at the venue for they stayed outside the Hall and chatted sheepishly about tediously bore subjects like Football and Soaps on the British Television.

I noticed some familiar faces and rushed towards one of my close friends who I had not seen for a while. After the emotional diatribe, we sat down and have Mango juice- one of the best mango juices I had ever tasted. Being single and actively searching a lady to emotionally pre-occupy him; my friend started scanning the room with his ayes wide open. Apparently, weddings had become hap for blossoming potential courtships; to some this is where they get their next victim. Males preying over seemingly innocent young ladies who for first they offer a hand of friendship. The lady accepts (if she finds the chap appealing) hoping this may blossom to something picturesque--- generalisations are the best way to avoid trouble--. Suddenly my friend’s eyes came out of their sockets; a joyful smile came upon his mouth. Wait here he whispered and run off to have a chat with the most immaculately dressed lady in the whole. Good luck I whispered smiled to my self; some chaps never cease to amaze me.

As I was wondering to what happened to some of the guests who promised to be here; I saw Jamal11. Jamal is man of unruffled personality. I took the trouble to go to the table he was sitting, hi there Jamal; you are terribly late, I noted. Smiled with his glistening teeth dominating to his relatively small face; I must apologise for I have been working. Please do excuse you about my attire, I just came straight from work, he carried!. He was dressed with M&S Suite with shirt that was fitting to his persona- cool and check. I believe you have met these lovely people- he pointed to three girls and four boys who were sitting with him at the table. Some of them had a familiar faces but I was not introduced to them formally; consequently, I said I believe we haven’t been introduced to each other!. This is Sophist, and these are (quite curiously he started from Barwaaqo who was sitting at the far end). Barqaaqo, Sijuwi, Amina, Shaqsi, London lad, Jabarti. Hello there all.

She (you just have to guess- THIS LADY WRITES HERE) was dressed with Dirac that my mother would probably say is From Djabouti. She had pure and unadulterated smile than any lady would be gravely envious. She was calm and cheerful for she smiled to some of my half-witted jokes. Anyone who laughs at my jokes is extremely cheerful- to some my jokes are stirringly banal (notice the dichotomy) and to the majority find it curiously obscure. Her hair was quite short for my liking but there is exquisite sheen to it. So you are the ‘Famous’ Sophist, she uttered with a cheeky smile? Famous is not a word I would employ my lady, but yes I am that poor soul who calls himself Sophist- and it is not short for Sophisticated. Uuuh why do you assume that I am not familiar with the word she asked laughingly with an air of confidence. Assumption is the result of wondering mind. I retorted, continuing; it is banal not to assume things; wouldn’t you say my dear?. Very clever attempt to avoid answering my pressing question! Well done she rejoined. What a haughty lady I said to myself quietly. At this time I thought; perhaps it is not good introduction to have a pseudo-philosophical discourse with people you have just met- come off it mate you are not in the Forum said me!

The grown up females danced in the Somalia

Jamal 11- take from here my fellow!

Struck by the civility of many people of whom I had the pleasure (some with erratic results I must add) of reading their posts here in this very forum. The pictures that were etched into my mind were so bodacious that I felt the need to put the usernames into their persona.

jaaluut   
Originally posted by Sophist:

[being single and actively searching a lady to emotionally pre-occupy him

creative indeed. i love the way you articulated this point. its very true, at least to myself in my prowling days, when i was a young lion in search for a pride.

you win the pullitzer price for Nomad creativity!!!

Sophist   

Barwaaqo Walaashiis, Yacquub and other attendees will be written about by our illuminatingly charming chap Jamal11.

Loyan   

A wedding that brought all these nomads together... hmmm ... Some Nomads may be eloping :D Plot thickens...

Anyways congratulations to the couple...

Nice story Sophist... continue guys :cool:

NinBrown   

sophist

A well written peice, but is this what really happened that night LOLOLOL.....

I also heard u met a certain nomad that night.....

I thought that night all of the somali ladies were dressed woooooooow, and it was a very nice wedding as sophist mentioned it.. but it took me ages to get used the atmosphere in HILTON, unlike sophist iam not a visitor of such places.. LOL

Sophist   

London Lad

And there comes the hurricane! As Churchill said He who rides a tiger fears to dismount!. Falaari Gilgilasho kaagama harto!.

London Lad, my dear old Univ mate — The Godless College of Gower Street - I am sure you were the young man who allured all the she nomads that night. An Old man like I shall never swims through murky waters, youth is an age that I envy greatly for it affords greatly to my pleasurable shenanigans- another dichotomy-!.

Thus Spake the Old Nomad!.

Salams all hope your all well.

I would just like to Congratulate the Groom and Wish him the Best of Health and Inshallah Hapiness is His now.

Secondly i would just Like to Conqour with my Esteemed Fellor My Sophist and admit that your Literal depiction of that Festive and Jovioul night left me somewhat speech less so i shall stop at that and hope that Jamaal con conclude on the events of the night with the same linguist claout.

Indeed i must say i felt somehwat privilaged to have been @ the wedding ceremony surronded by my Closest nomads, Gr8 surrondings, and some Fine young Ladies no dout. That am Glaad to see you memory hasnt failed saxiib lol@ Barawaaqo (what happen to yacquub in this).

London Lad i see that the Venue over roade you aswell. lol

Blessed   
Originally posted by London_Lad:

[QB]sophist

A well written peice, but is this what really happened that night LOLOLOL.....

I too sense of a bit of 'xawaasha' lol. It was an interesting read.

Eagerly awaiting Jamaals version of events.

Congrates to teh Bride and Groom. may Allah bless your union!

Ameenah

I was just another face in the crowd-Some may have

noticed me and some may have not. I kept my cool calm silence and my peace

to my self i expressed my Hi's and Bye's very well

still yet to convice people to whom i was

Strangely enough my nomads were all having fun

Me and sophist, well I'll keep that for the next

post...As for the sisters whom where there, they've managed to get away from the midst before

we can take a second look at them.. ;)

yes you know who you are!!!

Well i'm still in london i dunno if i should say i'm having a blast or.........

ONE*

I too wish the happy couple a long and prosperous life together, insha'alaah.

Originally posted by Leamante:

Well i'm still in london i dunno if i should say i'm having a blast or.........

There's no 'or' about it...u better say ur having a blast or I shall be forced to hunt u down! :mad:

Ameenah:

Eagerly awaiting Jamaal's conclusion too.

PS: It was lovely seeing u all.

jabarti   

What a title (a timely Wedding-a tale of tepestry) waw.

Anyway, I was one of the brothers who came all the way from N.America to London to attend this wedding. London reminds me Ceelgaab when it cames to the crowds, the market and the Indians, its like being in Bombay or Dubai, but that night of 27th Dec. at Hilton Hotel opp. of Paddington Station it was different story it was like being in Europe not Bombay.

The setting was excellent, dress code was elite, food was delicious, and the singers were well known Somali singers such as: Saynab Igeh of (Qabrigii Jacaylka) Abdinur (Heelo laas Qoray), Jamaac Yare, Kooshin, and the new star from Norway Hassan (jalalaqsi).

What I liked the most about the wedding was, I got a chance to put names and faces together, being here and reading interesting articles day in day our, knowing names but not seeing the faces was hard, but this wedding had given me the opportunity to but the puzzle together.

I met well know names such as: Shujui, jamal-11, Murad, Farah, Yacquub, and Jabarti.

Sorry if I forget some of your names, especially the sisters.

I thought that I was the only Jabarti here, but I met someone from London, that was interesting, so, starting from now, I am Jabarti and he is Jabarti (UK).

Anyway, I wish to have a beautiful wedding like that, even though I cant afford it. hahhaahah.

I wish and pray that (in ilaahay ka dhigo kuwii isku waara) May Allah make them those who enjoy the sweetness of marriage. Amiin.

Thanks for all those brothers and sisters from Somalianline team who came and show their support to this newly wed Somali family.

Salaama,

Chao.

Paragon   

They say, a man's promise and secret is well kept intact and fulfilled with the help of a woman. A woman who seeks pleasure in strengthening his weakness, tieing up all his loose ends left undone by long hard days' work. Certainly I hadn't been so lucky to find such a valuable companion to share and cherish my happy and not-so-sunny memories with. But it would have become such a bliss if that night I walked arm in arm with a lady as beautiful as Ameenah, Barwaaqo,Muna or the guest lady from cardif through the artistically decorated walls and intentfully set marble floors. In fact I walked into this magnificent hilton hotel without any living company, except for a red gift pack I had been entrusted to deliver to the bride and groom. The gift was from Lady Kamila. I must admit, I have walked into the ceremonial hall-way while celebrations were well under-way.

The second I inhaled the ooze of perfume coming from the festive crowd, my attention was smeared by a man who, to be precise, wore a shimmering three piece suit that seemed like the one won my Travolta in the days of 'do the hussle' . He was indeed a chap, whom methought charmingly swayed aforth to the enchanting music that occassionally escaped through the opening doors where entertainers stood ground. Minutes into my conversation with him, a pretty looking thang waved at me. But I didn't believe that the wave was directed at me and so methought she is waving at some other fellow. What I didn't realise at first was that the 'pretty young thang' was our legend Nomad girl Ameenah. I have seen her before on one or two ocassions but that night she looked dazzlingly beautiful. Beside her stood three other similarly gorgeous looking girls, Barwaaqo, Muna and a guest girl from Cardif. I wasn't sure if the girls I've seen were our Nomad girls, so searching I went for M.Ismaciil who could be sure if Ameenah is Ameenah even if she wears a victorian gown. My good friend Mohamed Ismaciil gave me assurance that I wasn't seeing pretty things in double vision. My work of introduction begun from there. But one thing that had made me alittle imobile was the big coat i wore, a friend remarked "Man! you look like one of the local dealers, or detective moss", after hearing that remarked I decided to lighten up the load of my clothing and became minus the big coat.

There were two blocs of people. One bloc was the boys who stood to the left and the second was the girls who stood to the right. I had to put up a brave face and introduce the girls to the boys though some of the them knew each other already. We took on corner of the hall-way and gathered, creating a circle of SOL users and friends. There was sophist, London_lad, Ameenah, Barwaaqo, Muna, Jabarti, Leamante, Yacquub (who impressingly wore a shirt that i added to my next shopping list), Shujui (this fellow is cool - i tell you), Rookie_of_the_Year, Mobb-deep and others whom I don't recall their nicks. We conversed, joked, laughed together and wondered at how we all looked different comparative to our online nicknames. While we talked in that circle, I was also on the phone directing my dear friend Shaqsii, telling him "What are u doing in East-end man! the place is Paddington!.", on the other hand entertaining charlie's angels (the girls) hoping for Shaqsii to come on time before the ladies leave for Cabdiqadir Jubba's ruwaayad (God! girls love this man, no wonder they call him willka-sanadka every-year). Although the ceremony itself was well entertained by my fav'rite singers, it seemed the girls still wanted to go to jubba. Shaqsii came 10 minutes after they were gone. Dressed like a man on a mission to moscow, he staggered in after a long wait. He looked more of a door-man, but wore a smile on his face that said .."Oki Doki! these place is full of pretty girls"....

Shaqsii sxb continue from there.......

PS: Sorry fella I have been away for a while... journey

Wow You rose to the challange and matched The Regining Linguistic champion Shopist Punch for Punch in this Heavy weight Bout Of story telling.You remained factual to the point and managed to capture in your words the moments of the night, which admitedly where a few, but worthwhile.I am now egarly awaiting Shaqsii's (Ndugu Yangu)description of the Finale.

“Getting married means you'll have Someone's hand to hold, Even when you're feeling sick, Even when you're old. It means when you sit down to eat, Someone will be there, So you won't have to tell your day To an empty chair. “

May Allah bless the great Union that we all witnessed?

I first came into this world as an idea in the mind of my father when he saw my mother for the first time. My official entrance, though, was unduly delayed: my father was a man of high-minded values and on whom the seminary had left quite an imprint. Also, I suspect that his courtship of my mother was clumsy, awkward and with bit parts, if recorded on video, that would prove downright funny. That said, here was a wedding that somehow I got involved with through what I call the wire relationship (Friends) where many happen to get to know each at least online but never get to see each other in the real sense. This was as real as it could get and most of all it was a wedding that showed a lot of the sceptics that anything is possible and could easily become a reality.

I was fortunate enough to be able to attend a great reception at the famous Hilton surrounded by not all my buddy Jamaal1, but also many of the online buddies who have inspired me not only through there intelligence, but also their approach to life as a whole. I was lucky enough to make it to the reception within the final hour. I met my buddy Jamaal11 who spent most of the evening directing me to the right location while describing the ceremony in its most plausible and candid manner. I felt I was already there mentally but not physically.

Finally I made it and parked in some alleyway and walked to the reception where Jamaal11 was waiting. We went upstairs to the launch where I saw a few of the nomads at work trying to either exchange digits or negotiate for one. When we reached the hall, it was like walking into a magical fairy tale. The hall had a breathtaking view, the atmosphere had all kinds of intoxicating perfumes in the air and one or two of ladies who passed by me where absolutely gorgeous one of the glories that Allah has bestowed upon us that make me proud to be real nomad. All over the place where mass meetings of Nomads. Nomads who perhaps hadn’t seen each other for ages mulling over, mull, mull, mull, anxiously.

On approaching the entrance into the suite where the music was emanating from, where a few fellas standing making small talk and straight away Jamaal whispered to me saying those guys over there are all from Somaliaonline. Strange as it seemed the fact that they belonged to Somaliaonline family made it easy for me to mingle and feel more comfortable. My bosom buddy described the fellas standing by the entrance one by one before we joined them. And these were; as far as I can remember Yaquub, Sophist, Shijui, London_Lad, Rookie of the year, Leamante and a good friend of mine who I must admit I met a few years ago online too. We discussed somaliaonline, but not specifics. We where just enjoying the moment trying to put face to content. To my surprise, my expectations of some of the Nomads and what they wrote was totally surprising and at the same time mentally challenging. Amazing!

Inside the guests were all seated and the groomsmen were in their places. The bridesmaids had each enjoyed their moment of glory as they individually walked down the hall and took their places. There I was amongst the guests sitting at the table of 8 surrounded by people who were once a figment of my imagination munching on the ruminants of the cakes and enjoying a cool shaker. Sitting next me was the Cool Rookie of the year quite and down to earth and Yaquub opposite when all hell broke lose. To my surprise, there was some commotion and I thought to myself why not go see what the noise was all about and there in front of me was one of the guy’s I was introduced to on my way in doing some serious “break dance” Somali style and when I looked closer it was non other the artistic Sophist who was charming all the ladies with his wicked moves doing the shoulder and sliding moves of the famous Xamar folk dance. Fellow Nomads the chap is not only gifted when it comes to writing but he would do a flip as easily too. He took the stage by storm and all I could hear around me was “Allaa wilkaa waa Qataar” from many of the sweet ladies around me. Impressive stuff.

I have to say though that my greatest and only regret was not meeting the ever so lovely Blessed Angels of somaliaoneline! (Barwaaqo, Ameena and Muna. I was hoping that I would meet them but due to the fact that I was late coming from work missed out on an opportunity to make acquaintances and to see some of the queens of the day.

My deep respect to all the Nomads who dared to show up for the occasion and for the support and comradeship.