Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

2005 – How was it for you?

WONDERFULLLLLLLLLLL YEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Key events: dodged all the temptations to get married ;)

highlights : Finally launched my website with my portfolio

low points: none

Thank god I am still awesome :cool: :cool:

2006 .. umh ofcourse going to be a better year , hopefully for all of us smile.gif

CW, Very creative of you to confirm that educated guess :D ! But good Xiin is still in the hunt of that elusive #3 wife! Canada is where they told me to go. Some suggested OH. Others insisted London :D is definitely the place. I am still undecided. But I am leaning more to Canada.

As my highlights in this year:

My mother finally joined me after lengthy visa process and we spent Ramadan together.

Got my first professional job. They told me I am knowledge worker now :D . Not sure what that means.

Planned beyond the calls in the near future (IA):

Enroll (June) & finish my masters D

Go to the Hajj

Get that # 3 wife :D

Visit Somalia (some where in Somalia )

P.S: The reason I said it was ok year (with all these apparently remarkable events) is because I did not think that I did a good job in pleasing my Maker!

underdog   

For me 2005 has to go down as the Year of Women.

(Most of) The highlights and (some)low points of the year have involved members of the the fairer sex.

I had the pleasure to meet some incredible women of varying ages, ethinicities and socio-economic backgrounds that had a profound effect on serveral aspects of my day to day life. Whether positive or negative, my encounters will serve as a benchmarks and points of reference for the future.

-One lady showed me how determination and focus in the face of adversity leads to a higher level of understanding and a different definition of success.

- Another lady demonstrated how to maintain a face of holiness and decency to conceal a damaged character living off deception and greed with a singular focus to destroy all that is in her path

- Yet another proved to me the strength of honesty and value of friendship in times of difficulty and torment. The willingness to sacrifice oneself for the benefit of others

There is an Old Chinese Saying : "May you live in interesting times" it's both a curse and a blessing and I think 2005 will surely fall in both categories. I can't wish for the good and not expect the bad, so Inshallah 2006 will be as interesting if not more than 2005.

Nomads, thanks for listening, and thanks for all the other things that you bring to this forum and I look forward to plenty more.

Peace.

Arawella   

Lets see…

My mother was involved in a car accident but Alhamudulilah she is alright.

My niece was borne and my cousin has met her shining knight in armour so there will be a grand family wedding soon.

Spent my first Ramadan since 1993 in a holy land (Dubai).

Had my first proper date which sadly didn’t work as hoped.

Overall I would say 2005 get the thumps up.

Katrina   

2005?? What an amazing year, alhamdullah, health and family all doing good, thanks to Allah.

The year I became a vagabond...dirty south, mid-west and east coasting...a few months here, there and nowhere. Amist all the challenges , I met so many amazing people and learnt a lot about myself.

Wonderful family news, at last we'll all be re-united. smile.gif

My life coach, castro, I will forever be indebted to you. You got me through some rough times.

Me, my future career and my sanity thank you, coach. ;)Shukran sxb

Best of all, dream J.O.B, alhamdullah :D:D

I cherish every (up & down) moment of 2005.

Happy Green Day folks. smile.gif

Dhubad.   

My highlights of 2005 were:

1. Finished my placement year successfully without any hitchs(Allhamdulilah).

2. Successfully completed my first year of Marriage life, which was wonderful (Marriage life is blessed, I recommend to all the Nomad singles to sort themselves out..!)

3. Did some work for a Somali Charity Organisation who are currently doing variety of projects back home.

Ilaahay khayrka 2006 ha nasiiyo!

Wow mabruuk to you guys Masha'Allah.

My highlight was travelling to the states and back home.Had a great time alxamdulilaah.T.Dot this january Insha'Allah.I hope the essence of this wonderful year is surely not lost onto the next smile.gif Gap year rocks!

Also finally waking up from the naive bubble that consumed this singleton head of mine for so long.....

Men ARE indeed %&*$£!^!

(Not all men but just let me get on my high horse for 3 mins dammit!) icon_razz.gif

Not that special, but me have no complain

at all. Alxamdulillaah Calaa Kul Xaal!

Wishing all da nomads and wanna-be-nomads

Cimri dheer, Caafimaad & Cibaado Suuban!

Allaamagan

Jacpher   

2005 was quite busy year but Alxamdulilaah, Alle wuu inoo nimceeyey. Can’t complaint. Hoping 2006 be better and rain peace in the homeland, birth of Somalinimo and brotherhood.

CW: It seems 2005 was eventful for the family. May 2006 get luckier and Zeph and you complete half of your deen. :D

Dhubad: Job well done for the charity work. You made it to the first round. Now plan ahead to see your 49th marriage anniversary.

Xiin: Paradise is under or at the feet of the mothers. Maasha’alaah, that’s such a precious treasure, never ending trade. Lucky you. May you receive the profit.

Tukaale: nothing especial? Not a single moment? May you hit the jackpot next year worth $110m? Don’t forget SOLers.

Plans for 2006 insha’alaah:

Personal projects, finish the incomplete ones.

Fulfill Hajj duty with my beloved walid.

Visit Kissima if peaceful.

Do some charity work.

Glad to hear every1 has had a good year.

Xiin, Canada is good choice but I recommend Minnie. I hear the girl’s there have a combination of good features and the pure African complexion that defy the norms along with the sweetness. (as said by Xoogsade). 068.gif

Ducaqabe, LoL. Thanks. Arent you eager to have us join you? :D . Why do I get the feeling its not because you want me to be just as happy? Huh?. 025.gif

I’m not making plans for 06 this year. I’m going to live each day as it comes. Right.

Ducaqabow, thanks walaal and aamiin. My beloved mom only spent with us a month and, I will visit her more often now (IA). The hadith U cited is well noted. It is the mainstay of my believe system, wallaahi. There is nothing like mom!

CW, I have intentionally taken Minnesota off the list for a reason :D .

P.S:I enjoyed those heated exchanges between Xirsiyo-Zahra and Xoogsade :D .