Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

2005 – How was it for you?

Hello Nomads,

How have you all been? Good I hope.

Well what do you know? 2005 is over! What were your key moments? Highlights and low points? Any fantastic achievements? Did you finally graduate? Buy a house? Put on the ball & chain (marriage) or smash it in half (divorce)?

How was 2005 for you? Give us your account of the year…from the personal to the political and inbetween.

p.s. 2000th. Landed. ;)

^ Course, you have. Congrats.

2005 was double xaax for me.

No new house (like I can afford it), no ball and chain (like I want to torture myself), a couple of personal achievements, um..what else? Oh yeah...LIVE8! That was a blast and a half. So was seeing Saturday Night Fever at the Victoria Apollo..yowzer!

Saw more movies in the cinema than the last 5 years put together. Chronicles of Narnia and In her Shoes being my best of the year.

Key moment: Chopping my hair off.

Golly...I really do lead a shallow life.

<-- Looking forward to 2006 and what it may bring! Insha'Allah kheyr. :cool:

I had a fantastic year CW. It was probably the most uneventful year thus far for me. Nothing major or any life changing episodes in my drama plenty life this year[Alxamdulilah,I hope I don’t jinx myself]. For the first time in many yrs, I have finnaly broken a jinx that has dodged me for the past 10yrs.

Otherwise it was mostly a very boring year to say the least. And oh yeah, the only sad event this year was not being able to meet this very interesting[special person]. Oh well….. :cool:

Pretty much uneventful but is it the end of the year anyway? Isn't it a bit to early?

There is still a whole month and 11 days to go til the year 1427!

However one highlight must be Curling Waterfall's wonderful and amusing thread's and replies to thread's.

I can't say anything beyond that.

N.O.R.F   

WHAT A YEAR!

In terms of personal, family & work

6 new borns have joined the family (on all sides)this year (including one of my own :D )

New life in a new country

The incidents in London (worked within very close proximity)

Work - increased 10 fold

The moving process/leaving work/birth of baby/selling car all came at the same time

plus Liverpool winning the Champions League :D

Originally posted by Ahura:

^ Oh look...we posted at the same time. Isnt that freaky?

What jinx did you break? If it's not too personal of course.

Freaky is that blue eyed kitten you have on your display pic.

The Jinx?....Tis semi private smile.gif

STOIC   

All praise is to Allah, the lord of the universe, for making as all make through the year 2005. Peace and blessing is upon him our beloved prophet Muhammad. The year 2005 will be a year that is going to be remembered for long time. This was the year the Tsunami hit South East Asia and part of Africa. This was also the year the poor folks of Louisiana were hit by hurricane Katrina. The very survival of life on earth is closely governed by the state of our environment in which we live in. Historically there are innumerable accounts of weather changing the course of human lives. An example will be the migration of the Irish folks during the middle of the 19th centuary. This was caused by the weather induced potato famine in Ireland. Today we are witnessing and finding a direct contrast what weather can do in our very own eyes. The Tsunami disaster and hurricane have made millions of people homeless. The health and the welfare of humanity can all be safe guided by our actions in this planet. Sure whatever the Almighty writes will never be swayed by our actions but we sure can make a difference by being good citizens in this planet. We need to understand as human being that physical actions alone can’t make a difference; we need to expand our ethical perspectives of the planet we live in.

How about we all say “Happy green 2006â€

Pacifist   

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Absolutely Stoic amin to all of that Happy Green I say.

We need to understand as human being that physical actions alone can’t make a difference; we need to expand our ethical perspectives of the planet we live in.

Great quote very true indeed. Like Gandhi said we have to be the change we seek. Thanks for the words of wisdom brother.

2005 alhamdulilah

Didn't finish school like I hoped lakin inshallah soon. Had couple of family members die Allahu naxariso all who deceased amin. More nieces and nephews. Life at its best. Some die some are born.

The most important thing though is I have my health and I am still standing.

Highlight of the year was my east and midwest vacation.

Overall Alhamdulilah

I’m glad to know you’ve all had a wonderful and eventful year…specially North (talk about jam-packed!).

Pharax, no worries…we can meet this year (although I get the feeling I’m not the desired Xalimo sad2.gif)

Xiin, thanks. I’m sure there was more to your year than an ‘ok’. Come on..share with us. I know you married folk don’t consider a year eventful if you haven’t had a new baby or a new wife icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Stoic, how could you forget the Kashmir Quake? It personally touched me more as most of my friends are Pakistani. It was the first time that I actually bothered to donate from my pocket too (I usually motivate the big guy).

Yonis, one of your highlights was me? Wow. Wonders never cease on SOL :D

For me:

Key moments/highlights:

Live8,

Birth of my niece (who I had the opportunity to name - Amani. Pretty name, I know)

Sis joining Uni.

Aunt’s wedding.

Dad’s visit.

I didn’t graduate (I’A next year) but I did complete a 1-year industrial placement in a reputable company, which should look good on my CV, I suppose, since I’m three times as discriminated against (Sheh’s topic about my bleak future). Its hard to blv I could actually hack 9-5 job.

Low points:

Death of my grandfather. I’ve wanted to visit Borama to see him for the past 5yrs. Now that he is gone…I don’t see any reason to visit Borama or Somaliland or Somalia for that matter. :(

In terms of adventure, 2005 was on the blah side of things. I’m not even sure I left London the whole year.

Overall… Alxamdulilah is due.