Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

The Penguin-Style Hijab!

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

I hate men who belittle women and reduce them to whats on their bodies

I am now a misogynist and chauvinist saqaajan??? Everything i had to say on this topic has been delibrately been taken out of context by individuals who presume they have a divine right to make judgements on people!

underdog   

Originally posted by -MARX-:

...individuals who presume they have a divine right to make judgements on people!

Originally posted by -MARX-:

1) This is a worrying phenomenon and should be offset as soon as possible with preventative measures!

2)Personally I am turned off those with Penguin Hijabs!!, but then then again these tend to be recently arrived immigrants or middle aged women!!

Is it so hard to admit you were wrong? you've been making judgments on everyone as far back as we can recall (what was that famous word??? oh yeah CHAVS!)

You can tell us what you prefer and what you don't, but you don't have a right to change anything...especially women's hijabs. I suggest you stop digging yourself into a hole and bow out of this conversation.

Nephissa   

**Looks down at feet wondering what's wrong with man sandals with socks** I think it's more appropriate to wear them when cleaning the kitchen floor or taking out the garbage after wearing boots all day everyday, but that is just me. icon_razz.gif

I wish ,I had half the iman she has in wearing that type of jilbaab and in carrying myself with that much pride in a non-muslim land .

Kudos to the sister, Masha Allah, I could never see myself dressed like that in a muslim or non-muslim land. Alloow na cafi!

Blessed   

^Ditto, on your last comment. It takes Iman. smile.gif

Okay, since we’re on the point of stating our preferences.. I'm partial to red hijabs and I did buy a pink stripy one for pink hijaab day. This xaliimo likes her colours. :D

Your turn..

How do you ‘man hijaab’, Marx?

Rahima   

We get called towel-heads by racists, fellow Muslims call our hijab a penguin hijab, alas wearing the hijab is a struggle.

Marx, the sister is not looking for your approval, she is inshallah seeking that of her Lord.

''Man Hijaab'' Kulaha!!! Surely this is innovation and against Islam! I know if the pendulum of power were to swing, Alot of these feminist and empanicipated somali women would delibrately reconfigure the very ideals we hold sacred!

Rahima, I agree! but surely if the lord wants her to be modest, shouldnt she obey thy lord??

Blessed   

^Look up the definition of 'hijab', the word is not confined to it's popular meaning. Educate yourself on what is required of you, instead of focusing on others. smile.gif

Conditions of Male Hijab

As for the sisters, it has already been established, their hijab is close to perfect, your preferences matter not.

NGONGE   

^^ You hijabi militants should leave the poor guy alone. Would your reaction had been the same if he was a gaze-lowering kind of fellow who objected to the colour of shoes women wear? :D

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Nephisa Al-Soomaal:

Kudos to the sister, Masha Allah, I could never see myself dressed like that in a muslim or non-muslim land. Alloow na cafi!

You are being sarcastic, laakiin you are defying Allah's instructions. Adigu waa horaad maryaha dhigatay show?

Towbad keen imikaad dhowdahaye.

Blessed   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ You hijabi militants should leave the poor guy alone. Would your reaction had been the same if he was a gaze-lowering kind of fellow who objected to the colour of shoes women wear?
:D

:D:D i thought I was being a right Ukhti there, NG. You should commend me for ignoring the feminist charge.

I guess the hijaab is a sore point with us. redface.gif

underdog   

Originally posted by Abu_Diaby- Al Zeylaci:

how comes manz only see underdog when marks makes a controversial topic. lol.

probably because "manz" doesn't look at the other topics I comment on.

If you're digging to find sh!t, chances are you'll find some.

underdog   

Ibti,

I'm old school African...sounding angry all time gets results. I've tried various other strategies, but I find a "low growl" is always handy.

besides, reading some of your recent replies, and comparing them with older posts show that your anger level is pretty elevated too. Or maybe I'm just imagining that.