Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

The Penguin-Style Hijab!

underdog   

Its the illusion of anger. the real thing has too many negative side effects associated with it. So I steer clear of it.

Plus I do enjoy some of the reactions I get.

Ibtisam   

^^^Why do you insist on typing like a retard these days, next time I see you laabaad indhood baan kuu kooinayah, to help you remember your english! You dig :D

Underdog: Aaah a good actor/ illusionist, okay, as you were then nerviska iska saar. :D

Fabregas   

^^isha ha iga turin wa side. I think us two are the only people on SOL with a miyi background, so we have a lot in common. :D Slang is a dialect or local language of the poor people from ghettoes of the world, however, it is looked down upon and ridiculed by those who forgot their roots. ;)

Okay, what was the argument about pinks hijabs and power ranger was it?

Ibtisam   

^^^I don't know what kind of miyi you grew up in, but the miyi mentality is that even when you have nothing, you are rich in your mind. I don't care too much for people poverty kuu faana like it is something good, normally those people have never experienced poverty, it is no fun I tell ya. ;)

Nor can miyi be compared to ghettoes of the world, :rolleyes: Miyi is the so bad [or was it nagh] icon_razz.gif

underdog   

We're moving away from the Hijab conversation. How about we put a new twist on the issue?

We Somali are considered very entrenched in our Islamic roots. However there seems to be a separation when it comes to certain 'modern' events.

When was the last time a bride wore a hijab on her wedding day? is there some kind of exception clause to weddings? Even with the whole tux, white gown, cake feeding, first slow dance weddings, is it wrong to have the bride wear a Hijab?

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

quote:Originally posted by Nephisa Al-Soomaal:

Kudos to the sister, Masha Allah, I could never see myself dressed like that in a muslim or non-muslim land. Alloow na cafi!

You are being sarcastic, laakiin you are defying Allah's instructions. Adigu waa horaad maryaha dhigatay show?

Towbad keen imikaad dhowdahaye.
No, yaa Wiil-Waal. :rolleyes: I was actually looking up to her. As someone else pointed out, the sister is full of eemaan and confidence. One can only admire her courage, Masha Allah again! With that said, I don't think I have to dress like her to obey Allah's instructions. I dress and look like a Muslimah, and still look "put together." I also have no problem inaan 'maryaha xoorto' when it's called for.

Abtigiis   

Nephis, I agree that all of us are entitled inaan maryaha xooro lietrally, when it comes to that. No shame in doing that.

And thanks for the clarifications. I am now satisfied. Waan naxayoo, waxaan is idhi gabadhiini gormay LazyGirl oo kale noqotay. :D:D

Abtigiis   

nepthys

adigu kolna af-xaar dheh, kolna maskax huuro. Waa inoo wakhti kale. laakin anigu waan ku jeclahay, and I have to admit even with the forbidding nuptial manacle of yours, for a brief moment, i could see you doing what you said you are free to do. Adigoo maryaha tuuray. It is a pleasent sight.

Malika

LG waan heshiinay, but that doesn't mean she is the kind of girl who will bother herself with heavy xijaab's. :D:D

Xidigo   

Originally posted by Nephisa Al-Soomaal:

Ish! Allaa maxaa maskaxdaada 'huuro' ka buuxdaa, orod soo cadayo madaxa. :mad: :rolleyes:

[
:D
]

Alla ba'nayeey naa waa maxay cayda intaa leegi. Oo xishoodkii miyuu rawaxay. :D