Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

The Penguin-Style Hijab!

Aaliyyah   

Ibti I said every1 can wear whatever. If a sister wants to wear orange hijaab so be it. How can I be more supportive than that :D

Aaliyyah   

^^just leave us hijaabi sisters alone..

As for what I said to AAliyah's, that is between me and her, because her response is no longer there, so we cannot comment on it.

The only comment I deleted was the fact that I prefer to wear black hijaab/abaya as to wearing bright colors. (deleted earlier this comment cuz I decided I didnt have to share that personal info about myself...bt now you forced me to write it again....soo ppl dnt think I said something rude to bright-colored hijaabi sisters)

Anyways, enough said. Everyone wear what you must.

hadaan cid meel kaga dhacayna bal xaal qaata :(

salaam

N.O.R.F   

Xidigo,

Marx hasn't over stepped my 'give him the benefit of the doubt' threshold yet smile.gif

Besides I don't think he knows what he is on about :D

Malika   

No wonder,I woke up with a headache and back pain,it must have been Ibti's habaar iyo qaylo..Naa hedee,taar tiib dee,you were disappointed,noted.The rest of your rant,was just blah blah blah, the usual self rightuousness drivels of SOL... :mad:

I still find,the colour combination and man shoes with white socks a ghastly look[MY OPINION]..Now sue me!

smile.gif

Ibtisam   

LOOL you mean the self rightuous drivels of Ibti. :D

Well stlyish girls, I think they look good and no one should mock them [My opinion] so shoot me!

Marx, noted, why did you not say it like that then? icon_razz.gif

Malika   

^BANG!!!, Die woman!. :D

I agree! it is their personal choice to wear whatever they like,and thanks for the slap on the wrist, lakiin next time use a feather,not your hard hand. ;)

Ibtisam   

^^Loool indeed shape up!

Scholars such as Dr. Abu Aminah Bilal Philips in his talk "Removing the veil." (Youtube it] argues that colours and patterns (i.e. the above mentioned hadith) is relative to the environment one lives in. He goes on to explain that in Saudi Arabia a women should NOT go out in brightly coloured clothes/ hijaabs, as this is not the custom of Saudi women who wear black, hence she will stand out. On the other hand, if a woman went to Malaysia [or Somalia or the UK I would add] (where it is customary for the women to wear floral fabrics in various colours or wear colours) and wore black she would be drawing more attention as the odd one out. Allahu a’lam but this is the popular view adopted by the wider scholars of today.

As for the topic; my final words on it is that: These colourful Somali style hijabs fulfill the conditions of hijab; As explained by Ibn Katheer the jilbaab (which is what Somali women wear) is in effect a much large piece of cloth, much larger than the ladies’ usual head scraf). This was also the view of the companion Ibn Masood and a number of others including Al-Hassan Al-Basri, Qataadah, Ibraheem An-Nakhai and others). Al-Qurtubi stated that: "The correct view is that the jilbaab is a cloth which covers the complete outer body." Therefore we have no room to mock them.

W Salam and if anyone got offended, waa caadii you won't die as result :D , just kidding, no hard feelings.

Buuxo   

Thanks Ibti.

Marx,It appears you intended only to mock this type of hijab.I advice you to not engage in further idle talk,especially on this topic.Because you will only incur dambi.

The level of righteous arrogance coming from certain individuals is quite hard to swallow. You might assume you have more knowledge of Islam than me but it doesn’t mean you are more of a Muslim than me. Only Allah can knows what’s in our hearts. Don’t issue fatwa’s on me or pretend you have a monopoly on Islamic knowledge. My intention was to do well but I have been made to feel like I am some kind of an apostle!!

N.O.R.F   

^You have been told you're opinion on this type of hijab wrong. Nothing more nothing less.

Now how many did you see today and what colours?

Ibtisam   

Booho the victim card comes out. Marx you are/ may be more knowledgeable than me or others, and may be a better more aware Muslim. Nevertheless regardless of how you take it, "my so called righteous arrogance" in this topic is my opinion. Clearly you did not expect everyone to agree with you, my opinion is that the objection is at best based on superficiality, because these women are embarrassing “us”.

I cannot judge you on your intentions, because I did not know them, and I certainly had no intention to make you FEEL like some kind of apostle. I just told you, that you don't have a leg to stand on. No one issued a fatwa or CAN have a monoploy in Islamic knowledge, but when you err as in this case, you cannot be mad at those trying to pull you back.

Norf, You have a tendency of saying the most inapt things at the most inconvenient times! Surely someone of your assumed intelligence would have more sense than to engage in silly little tirades! Mockery is a sign of weakness inflicted on others to feel good about yourself! Cease from this type of bile.