Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Tallaabo   

Alpha Blondy;982163 wrote:
Presidengt%20Silanyo%20is%20vaccinated%2

Presidengt AMMS being vaccinated against polio. it would be a lot nicer, if it were two drops of cyanide.

Oo odayga maxaad ku dilaysaa:eek:

Safferz   

Tallaabo;982174 wrote:
I can already see Safferz storming Google's headquarters and strangling its chief executive;)

I actually love the ad, now that I see there are other women featured, and it's not focusing on the Muslim woman as the object of gender oppression and "saving."

autocomplete-sexism1.jpg

autocomplete-sexism3.jpg

autocomplete-sexism2.jpg

autocomplete-sexism4.jpg

^^ Though notice the languages differ from race to race... for the white women it is "women cannot accept the way things are""":confused: what is that soo vague.. for the muslim women it is "women need to be seen as equal" much more blunt and direct...of course not to mention what is written under the search bar also varies in severity.. for the white women it deals with matters of "bad drivers", "cannot be bishops", or the also vague "cannot be trusted" :confused:... these are soft, vague, and just obvious statements- women becoming a bishop?? whereas the muslim women things like "need to be put in place", or "need to be controlled", and "know their place"...compared to the white woman ad, these statements are focused and less random and share a common narrative which basically creates an image of her counterpart, the muslim male..

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;982193 wrote:
^^ Though notice the languages differ from race to race... for the white women it is "women cannot accept the way things are""":confused: what is that soo vague.. for the muslim women it is "women need to be seen as equal" much more blunt and direct...of course not to mention what is written under the search bar also varies in severity.. for the white women it deals with matters of "bad drivers", "cannot be bishops", or the also vague "cannot be trusted" :confused:... these are soft, vague, and just obvious statements- women becoming a bishop?? whereas the muslim women things like "need to be put in place", or "need to be controlled", and "know their place"...compared to the white woman ad, these statements are focused and less random and share a common narrative which basically creates an image of her counterpart, the muslim male..

You're right, but the Muslim woman's ad also isn't as severe as say, the Asian woman. It's not perfect but it's a much better ad than what I had expected from Alpha's post.

I experimented with this story a while back. never really finished it. now im revisiting it.. debating whether to wrap it as a short story, which appears to be more fitting, or continue with it... but what is the use of a short story??

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;982198 wrote:
I start experimenting with writing a while back, wrote this story. never really finished it. now im revisiting it.. debating whether to wrap it as a short story, which appears more fitting, or continue with it... but what is the use of a short story?? idkkkkk decisions decisions

Short stories are awesome, do it!

Cadale;982141 wrote:
Awful title.

not really. i think the book title was deliberate. this book is awesome so far. there's something of the underdog about it, you know. :cool::D

Haatu   

That author should've written the book in Somali. Tell him the Golaha Ilaalinta Afka Hooyo (GIAH) spits on him.

Haatu;982214 wrote:
That author should've written the book in Somali. Tell him the Golaha Ilaalinta Afka Hooyo (GIAH) spits on him.

^ your authenticity threshold is ridiculous. :P:D

SomaliPhilosopher;982229 wrote:
What is the current status of the ONLF?? Are expat ONLF fighters viewed in the same light as Al-shabaab diaspora fighters in terms of the west?

Alpha Blondy;979284 wrote:
what we ought to do is....... to follow in the footstep in Abdi Iley. some say he's a jaajus, other's say he's a man of action. balse, he's done an excellent job in weeding out UBBO, this we can all agree on. groups like UUBO and AS thrive in environments where frustration and disillusionment exist.

Iley has dealt a deadly blow to UBBO and the like using a number of tools. chief among these, is speaking to the diaspora folks and offering them various inducements, including tax breaks, giving them land and making them feel inclusive. in other words, he's cut UBBO's lifeline and has in effect absorbed their support base into the fold. add to this, he's used the region's cultural icons like Nimco Dareen, Dahir Yare and various others to help create a new national psyche. this has created a jacbur-like sense of national pride, albeit barely woven together. people power is important to unity, even if imagined.

Iley has also sacked the old incompetent leaders and senior administrator and has replaced them with young, dynamic and professional folks, who would have otherwise joined UBBO. he's created employment for tens of thousands of youth overnight by SACKING the old guards. now, the youth are empowered enough to resist UBBO.

AS can be crushed. not by AMISOM, the KDF or the Ugandese but by Somalis. effective leadership and strategic based thinking is the way forward. with AS out of they way, we can finally pave the way forward to achieving peace, alleviating poverty, accessing our resources, creating prosperity and providing plenty for all. the political landscape is changing, it's becoming mature. all these talks and discussions are not futile. they signal an intention. that intention just needs compromise.

this is what i wrote a while back.....let me know what you think.