Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Wadani   

Alpha Blondy;923077 wrote:
death by intoxication or death by the ''powers that be?'' LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

don't tell me you believe in those little conspiracies?
:D

Alpha, you must already know that ignorance breeds fear because the ignorant lack explanatory power. If one can't make sense of the world around them it's not very different than living in a dark and haunted house, where you have no idea what will jump out at u from every turn. In other words, in such a state you dont happen to the world, but the world happens to u. These conspiracies u speak of give otherwise bewildered and confounded youth the ability to make sense of the world. All of a sudden they can explain the 'real' reason behind very complicated, intricate and nuanced concepts, events and ideas by giving the ridiculously broad and all size fitting explanation of 'the illuminati is behind it' and then go on to make equally ridiculous tenuous connections between unrelated things, and lace the mundane with desperate commentary to expound their supposedly true esoteric and symbolic meanings. It's nuthing but a futile exercise in buffoonery if u ask me.

Wadani,

i see your angle.....but how do you maintain a balance between:

1. have control of your affairs and getting on with your life......

2. blaming one's failures/inadequacies or even seemingly plausible obstacles on outsider influences.

how much control do you think an individual has over his life? and if possible...can you shed further light on the variables that have control over your life but you CANNOT control......do you know what i mean?

in plain english please.....this is not dood wanaag or camel milk debates for goodness sakes....PLEASE give examples.......

Al.

Wadani   

Alpha walaal,

We only have power over the decisions we make but the outcomes are detemined by a large degree by both 1. luck and 2. systemic and institutionalized norms that govern priviledge within society in accordance with ones relative position within the social hierarchy.

The type of marriage, education, job and health care u will have will depend for the most part on those two variables regardless of the decisions u make. You may decide to be an upright man to attract an upright woman to marry for example, and she may turn out to be a witch 3 months into the marriage. This can be blamed on bad luck, because it happens to both men and woman who really did do their due diligence. As for the second variable, it will either increase or decrease ur access to quality woman, so ur decision to marry a quality woman may be inconsequential if ur a barely literate janitor living in the projects.

Essentially, decisions we make set out our general life trajectory(eg, if u decide u wont engage in crime, u wont be a criminal)....but luck and priviledge (with both falling under Allah's Qadar) determine our successes and failures along the way.

xabad   

so hib hob with somali works, i thought it would sound ridiculous. its listenable. oba, if you know of somali rock. let me know

xabad   

caadi maaha walle. somaliz got talent waayihi hore. now, i still to come across somali rock, come on there is even swahili rock.

oba hiloowlow;923138 wrote:

Check this amazing song out where he's singing with his brother Sulai. Apparently this song is based on a poem by Cilmi Boodheri. Could you please find out which poem that is. Thanks Oba.

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

so................i had a few friends over today, since i'm no longer in self-imposed solitude:D it was nice to see them....i haven't seen them in ages.........we discussed many things and i'd like to think we have an excellent time........:D

one of the themes of our discussion was women's empowerment.....opinions of all leanings were expressed.......

then one of the guys eluded to Bilan (female hygiene product) and how fantastic....it is in empowering women to get on with their lives.....without hindrance.....

this is the bilan advert....check it out and post what you think.........

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Wadani;923093 wrote:
Alpha walaal,

We only have power over the decisions we make but the outcomes are detemined by a large degree by both
luck and
. systemic and institutionalized norms that govern priviledge within society in accordance with ones relative position within the social hierarchy.

The type of marriage, education, job and health care u will have will depend for the most part on those two variables regardless of the decisions u make. You may decide to be an upright man to attract an upright woman to marry for example, and she may turn out to be a witch 3 months into the marriage. This can be blamed on bad luck, because it happens to both men and woman who really did do their due diligence. As for the second variable, it will either increase or decrease ur access to quality woman, so ur decision to marry a quality woman may be inconsequential if ur a barely literate janitor living in the projects.

Essentially, decisions we make set out our general life trajectory(eg, if u decide u wont engage in crime, u wont be a criminal)....but luck and priviledge (with both falling under Allah's Qadar) determine our successes and failures along the way.

+1,000,000

Wadani,

i completely agree with your analysis here. its excellent........

perhaps, you can explain.......

''systemic and institutionalized norms that govern priviledge within society in accordance with ones relative position within the social hierarchy.

''

is this place-specific?.....how do you think this differs in different cultures?