Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

National conversation changing in Somaliland

N.O.R.F   

Abtigiis;868907 wrote:
Unless the common belief in SOL that Norf's political intellect is only superior to that of Mooge is true, you will not miss the methaphor of the widow and the man who took her at the time of her distress. SL doesn't need to showcase her beauty to Somaia, it has to show why Awdal, Khatumo, Salal should fight for her and be happy in her!!! Ofcourse, it has to do so, without telling them about mayhem in Somalia!

Only people of Mooge’s supposed intellect would believe things happened along those lines. To re-write it as such for this thread is understandable though (excitement makes people do such things). Notwithstanding SL’s position, if she is being threatened with divorce for reasons of a tribal nature, the –re-attraction process will only be of a tribal nature and doesn’t have to contend with the additional lack of security, lack of political maturity and the spoilt child throwing his toys out (PL). Though a divorce hasn’t occurred on the ground and is predominantly in cyber space, cyber excitables can be forgiven for mistaking a donkey for a horse.

Abtigiis, I'm not sure Norf and many of us could be really classified as "dogmatic secessionists" per se, your friend is just saying let's proceed cautiously. Of course, the better the state of the South, the less "hard core" secessionism among the masses.

It's a fact of life most men care more about practicalities and safety than ideology ("why take risks? show me the money!") and you win friends through diplomacy the easiest way.

All our current intra friends fadhi-ku-dirir is quite frankly misplaced and much harder theoritical issues are even more pressing (shariah interpretation, federalism, socio-economic model etc).

Some would have the uninitiated believe that the difficulty is in how to 'break the news' to the Somaliland masses that unification with Somalia is inevitable. But the realities of the Horn, given the history of the last 20+ years is quite different. The more realistic question is how will 'some' elites in certain corners of the former Somalia break to their constituencies that 'unity' is no longer viable nor realistic.

The bulk of the masses in both North and South have moved on from an obsession with 'Shanta Soomaali' and are more concerned with the daily struggles in their local realities. This is a hard concept for certain expatriates to understand who remember the beautiful landcruisers and even more beautiful villas 'Aabo or Adeero' used to own in beautiful Mogadishu (due to a plum position in the former military regime).

All I can say to those still suffering from that disorientation is either return and adapt to the new realities or fully accept diaspora living and have your progeny live to their full potential in your new adopted countries.

Alas, some dreams are hard to let go....

Abtigiis;868883 wrote:
Surveys,like pikini, may not show the most important thing and therefore may be useless, but they are revealing nonetheless. One can imagine the inner thing from the outer layer.

The 'pikini' or to correct, 'bikini' comment is highly amusing. Classic Abtigiis ;)

Abtigiis, I fear for the young women in bikinis on the tourist beaches of Mombasa or Lamu when you're out there in your 'macawiis' ....LOL..

Abtigiis   

Thanks mintid for the correction. I have since corrected it to 'bikini'. :D

Abu Salman, I only stated my reading of the mood in Hargeisa and the SNM bandwagon jumped on me. I didn't want to rush things.

Abtigiis when are you going to visit Mogadishu so that u can tell us also the inside stories of how the Muqdishaawis feel about the new political situation of Somalia.

^^Spin must be countered as often as possible, less the more gullible or less informed take it at face value...

Somaliland would not have even engaged in the bilateral talks of the past 6 months if not for international pressure. It would have sat out the mayhem as it had done in the past 20+ years.

The game changer was the Western concern/obsession with the growing security issues/terrorism emanating from the South affecting their prized allies in East Africa. So, due to that overwhelming pressure from the 'international community', Somaliland was forced to engage in bliateral talks. I'm sure you're well aware of this, AT, yet you wax on about changing attitudes in Hargeisa b/c of people watching the elections in Mogadishu. Waar, we would watch a real election in Djibouti if it happened, as long as it was universally televised. Why not, after all, aren't we all Somalis?

Abtigiis   

But then Mintid why do you think that international pressure will relent as the south (with its resource) gets stronger?

Also can you tell Burahaadeer, the baby secessionist, the international community is not a toy?

Abtigiis;868961 wrote:
But then Mintid why do you think that international pressure will relent as the south (with its resource) gets stronger?

That's a different topic worth its own time and thread. However, your thread concerned how the popular sentiment is changing in Hargeisa, a laughable assertion to any traveler stopping to change planes at the Hargeisa airport.

The question is, for such an educated man, why do most of your hypotheses have 'waxa la yidhi...' at their core?

Abtigiis;868897 wrote:

I strongly reject the accusation that I have contempt for SL. Alpha must retract that accusation in the interest of fairness.

i agree.

AT, apologies for this serious accusation. i was upset, at the time, by your scathing attack on Somaliland.

Abtigiis   

Minitid, except that they are not waxa-la-yiri, the are real. Anyway,there is always a disconnect between the diaspora and the grassroots.

Alpha, I am trying to organize a dinner with you so that we can iron out any differences in a civilized manner. Please answer the phone or call me.

Judging by the passionate responses Professor Abtigiis's thread got from Somalilanders, his 'mood-in-Hargeysa-is-changing' assertion must enjoy credible resonance with the average Qowdhan in the street. :D

Abtigiis, I suggest you to take care of your safety first , taasaa mudnaanta koowaad leh. Alpha's xamaasad worries me a bit.

Abtigiis   

Indeed, Xinnfanin, safety is the priority. Alpha is a good lad and definitely not a zealot. It is Norf using Jacaylabro that I am concerned with. But I say bring it on. :D

^ of course i'll meet with you in a personal capacity, AT. laakin, if this a meeting of a political nature, i'll have consult the duriyada before making a firm decision. can you shed some light on what might be on the agenda for the meeting?

Abtigiis, North is not known to be a zealot either, inkastoo uu nimankii gacanta fududaa kasoo jeedo, laakiin the Love Mother has learned a lot since her ascendancy to the throne. Jacaylbaro, from what I heard, is not to be worried either: he is student of Sheekh Cali Warsame thusly his exposure to the tafseer in suuratul baqara baa dabar u ah. Iga hubi midkaan Alpha la leeyahay, he reminds me one secessionist in Minneapolis who always visits us in First Cup coffee armed with Somaliland flag, bomb toys and knives.