Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

National conversation changing in Somaliland

AYOUB   

Abtigiis, a simpleton is a person that believes National opinions are changed because the likes of Geo Sam landing a fat cat job. If Hiil-Daraners like you or the supposed Hargesawis you've spoken to in Doqon-Mawaaye fit that description, oh well..

LANDER   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;868745 wrote:
Nah.
passed by the Canadian parliament states otherwise.

The key points of the legislation included the following:

• Giving the House of Commons
    the power
    to decide whether a proposed referendum question was considered clear before the public vote;
Specifically stating that any question not solely referring to secession was to be considered unclear;
Giving the House of Commons
the power
to determine whether or not a clear majority had expressed itself following any referendum vote, implying that some sort of supermajority is required for success;
Stating that
all provinces
and the First Nations were to be part of the negotiations;
Allowing the House of Commons to
override a referendum
decision if it felt the referendum violated any of the tenets of the Clarity Act;
The secession of a province of Canada would require an amendment to the Constitution of Canada.

In other words, impossible now.

Actually Tallabo was right for the past referendums and your 'clarity act' breakdown is a moot point since this act was created in the year 2000 in reaction to the referendum that took place in 1995 where other countries were ready to recognize Quebec, chief of them France. Fast track to present day even with the clarity act, There is also the 'small' matter of Quebec never having signed the 1982 act of constitution and meech lake accord having failed to bring Quebec on board in 1985 which from the sovereigntist camp would well...make this 'clarity act' irrelevant. Not a simple subject matter is it 'Miskiin'?

N.O.R.F   

A&T is a typical can't see the wood for the trees, top down 'anaa war haya' cyber politician. Waar there was an assassination attempt on the president yesterday. Our weekly experts are as usual getting ahead of themselves. I can understand the excitement but to talk of a reunion with a people 2k miles away when the streets around Villa Somalia keep getting cleared of people's limps after an explosion tells you you seriously need to rethink your priorities.

Why walk across mines before clearing them?

Mario B   

Carafaat;868831 wrote:
War Awdal wa sub clans juist like Duriyada. What is this obsession with pealing down the onion to kuwa hoose while we are supposed to seek the upper layers.

Kuwa hoose matter, it's the indiferrence to those at the margin of the society that brought whirlwind that is the Somali destruction, no clan or group should be left out of Somali affairs, every Somali [man,woman and child] should be at the centre of the Somali state. We can only truly recover as a people if we build from the bottom up, for that reason, Kuwa hoose matter!:)

Abtigiis   

Surveys,like bikini, may not show the most important thing and therefore may be useless, but they are revealing nonetheless. One can imagine the inner thing from the outer layer. So, let us do a survey on the positions of SOL cyber politicians and see if it reveals anything. Norf, Ngonge, Ayoub, Suldaanka, Burahadeer, Lander, Oodweyne, Alpha, Jacaylbaro, Mintid, Oodweyne,Africaown,etc etc are all pro-secession. What else do they share? Oh, one is from Puntland, one is from Awdal, one is from Buuhoodle, one is from Dhagaxbuur, and the other one is from Guriceel. So, this survey doesn't show that secession is a one-clan preoccupion. Why? because Buuxo from Awdal is nonesensical, Xidigo is possessed, A-Khadar is an unrepentant son of Ina-dafle, and Abtigiis was the karaani for Morgan and Colonel Tuke when Hargeisa was bombed.

No group that I know can muster such a one-dimensional baloney, yet could strangle others for pointing out certain overbearing realities in the somali peninsula. These people are possessed by a demon of delusion, dogma, demagogeury, and deception.

N.O.R.F   

^Fall back on the tribal connections. Nice (and predictable). Extend yourself and bring a semblance of substance to this claim of yours. Anyone from SL with an ounce of common sense would maintain his/her position as, to be frank, nothing has changed (apart from the President). The bombings continue (8 people died yesterday), there isn't a cabinet as of yet, Somalia is still in effect a failed state. Wait a year, let things get better and progress and then your claim here might be entertained. Until then, la shaahee your imaginary knee jerk re-unionaries :)

horta marka hore, i think its important to clarify something very important here. AT would have us believe he is a common man who does ordinary things like having tea at alla amin restaurant and one that really engages with the diverse and plural citizenry of somaliland. AT is an elite expat and hangs around with the an elite circle of friends. the few times we saw each other, he was surrounded by his elite friends and they weren't even ethnic somalilanders. he holds absolute contempt for somalilanders.

Alpha Blondy;868893 wrote:
horta marka hore, i think its important to clarify something very important here. AT would have us believe he is a common man who does ordinary things like having tea at alla amin restaurant and one that really engages with the diverse and plural citizenry of somaliland. AT is an elite expat and hangs around with the an elite circle of friends. the few times we saw each other, he was surrounded by his elite friends and they weren't even ethnic somalilanders.

War Miyaanan garan dad kale dhagaha wax ugu shuba:D

Abtigiis   

N.O.R.F;868890 wrote:
^ Anyone from SL with an ounce of common sense would maintain his/her position as, to be frank, nothing has changed (apart from the President). The bombings continue (8 people died yesterday), there isn't a cabinet as of yet, Somalia is still in effect a failed state.
:)

This is the fundamental problem of juvenile secessionists. Like the foolish man who console a widow after a tragedy and quickly managed to capture her heart with incessant references to death, dark things and the macabre, the idea of cementing Somaliland's statehood status on the altar of Somalia's misery is not a safe bet. The man who beds the greiveing women by talking about how good her man was when alive and inducing tears into her eyes can only millk that distress for a limited period of time. Sooner or later, he will have to talk about himself, about what he brings into this relationship, and why the woman has to live with him. Likewise, the macabre news of Somalia has served to sustain the delusion of superiority and civility among secessionists for 21 solid years. Somalia is about to forget its misery soon, and therefore Norf et al will have to talk about their own beauty rather than the south's ugliness. It is a daunting prospect for we know all the warts of clanish grandiosity in the north will resurface soon.

Edit: Alpha,

War miyaadan ilaahay ka baqayan. Is staying in Ambassador because some *silly** rules insist on that making me an elite? I am not in Safari, in Hadhwanaag, in togdheer tea shop, and all over the place? Is having one old friend from kenya by myside is a sign of an entourage that is distinctively -non-somallanders? Who is Wiiwa? who is Caraale? Who is Axmed Yassin? Who is shiraac? Or who is fartuun? Asia? Are these not Somalilanders? And the duriyada core for that matter?

The only time I closed myself into a house and is not going out is this last trip of mine and that is because I received credible intelligence that you an Jacaylbaro are trying to silence me through intimidation and bad mouthing.

I strongly reject the accusation that I have contempt for SL. Alpha must retract that accusation in the interest of fairness.

N.O.R.F   

A divergence out of necessity when his point is found wanting littered with almost excitable and illogical litany! Why would SL want to showcase her beauty if she wants to leave? What does Somalia have to offer? What is the attraction of Al Shabaab? Somalia bought a new suit this week. Now time to hit the gym, get a haircut, buy some cadar and leave behind the easily excitable Saudi aroused by the sight of a woman’s hand.

Abtigiis;868897 wrote:

Edit: Alpha,

War miyaadan ilaahay ka baqayan. Is staying in Ambassador because some *silly** rules insist on that making me an elite? I am not in Safari, in Hadhwanaag, in togdheer tea shop, and all over the place? Is having one old friend from kenya by myside is a sign of an entourage that is distinctively -non-somallanders?
Who is Wiiwa? who is Caraale? Who is Axmed Yassin? Who is shiraac? Or who is fartuun? Asia? Are these not Somalilanders? And the duriyada core for that matter?

The only time I closed myself into a house and is not going out is this last trip of mine and that is because I received credible intelligence that you an Jacaylbaro are trying to silence me through intimidation and bad mouthing.

I strongly reject the accusation that I have contempt for SL. Alpha must retract that accusation in the interest of fairness.

lets be honest AT, these alleged somalilanders are not the same calibre as the AYOUBs, Odwenyes and other Somaliland advocates.

Abtigiis   

Unless the common belief in SOL that Norf's political intellect is only superior to that of Mooge is true, you will not miss the methaphor of the widow and the man who took her at the time of her distress. SL doesn't need to showcase her beauty to Somaia, it has to show why Awdal, Khatumo, Salal should fight for her and be happy in her!!! Ofcourse, it has to do so, without telling them about mayhem in Somalia!

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;868903 wrote:
A divergence out of necessity when his point is found wanting littered with almost excitable and illogical litany!
Why would SL want to showcase her beauty if she wants to leave? What does Somalia have to offer? What is the attraction of Al Shabaab? Somalia bought a new suit this week. Now time to hit the gym, get a haircut, buy some cadar and leave behind the easily excitable Saudi aroused by the sight of a woman’s hand.

If it's that obvious, why entertain it? :D

But you're right, the title of the thread is one thing and the arguments that followed are totally another. He's been talking to insiders though, so don't argue oo kabta o rog.