Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

National conversation changing in Somaliland

Abtigiis   

Well, well, Alpha, Jacaylbaro, Ayoub and the rest of juvenile secessionists may refuse to accept the painful reality, but I am here in Hargeisa and the national conversation is fast changing. Following the smooth elections in Mogadishu, the talk is now aboiut when and what shape a future union with Somalia will take, not if. For those who need some introduction to Somalilanders view about union, I volunteer to give a short brief. Agan, my friends will not like it, but since when has men liked whatis deterimental to their interests or belief system! 80% of the clans in the south east Hawd area (commonly known as ****) are ok with union,, have always been. revulsion to union with Somalia largely follows a clan pattern with **** west, the clan of the incumbent, and those whose name is the same as the **** neighbours, staunchly against while the rest are either not strongly against or even sympathetic to union. Reaction to the election of a new president in Somalia also brought out this pattern.

People were glued to the TV sets, called each other to update one another and there is a mixed sense of apprehension and expectation in the streets of Hargeisa. It will still be tough for the ruling SNM (kulmiye now) to confront the monster they created and openly orient their people about the inevitabiity of union with Somalia. But it seems they don't have much time to sit and hope. A gentleman I spoke to this morning summed up the dwindling options for the ruling elite:" They either have to make their move now and get a good deal,or the people they rule will go to the south in search of jobs and opportunities one by one, and they will find themselves in a deserted political landscape".

update from Haregisa

Abtigiis

N.B:- JB was unhappy with my earlier updates, and yesterday Alpha said I can be blamed for the massacre which happened in Harshin committed by Iley. Therefore,they could use the confusion and harm me. So, SOLers please know and tell that these two are responsible if anything happens to me.

Daqane   

I have always felt with a functioning government and an acceptable political solution....the sheer force of economic activity in the south would do 80% of what is needed to end some elites delusions, but by the same token, a brotherly interest in Somali elections as well as a brotherly hope for suffering somalis prosperity does not translate in to an aching wish to be back in bed with Mogadishu, especially after 20 years of puerile propoganda....so as usual treat all northerners as brothers in bussiness and employment, and that already will be the loudest possible death kneel to "somaliland".

Abtigiis;868308 wrote:
N.B:- JB was unhappy with my earlier updates, and yesterday Alpha said I can be blamed for the massacre which happened in Harshin committed by Iley. Therefore,they could use the confusion and harm me. So, SOLers please know and tell that these two are responsible if anything happens to me.

Hmmm ,, So that is why you didn't show up last night ,,, eh ?? :D

Alla ninku fulaysanaa ,,,,,, Xataa Abdi Iley haduu wax sameeyo wuu dhuumanayaa ,,,, :D

Mario B   

Be carefull, out there. Then again JB seem the kind man who wont hurt a fly, not sure about Alpha though...he seem to suffer from bi-polar disorder gauging from his rants on this forum.:)

STOIC   

I can't imagine a more absurd and unrealistic expectations than thinking the discourse of Somaliland secession is going to change overnight. I agree obscurantists that decide to hide the truth on both sides will be defeated only by opening up of free trade between the two sides.If successful who knows this may lead to Somalilanders prying away from secessionist ideas, but don't bet on this for now.The common man in Somaliland is much like the common man in Somalia.He wants to be successful and have a stronger country where they are protected by the rule of law.The only think that will attarct them is more than what they already have and I don't see Somalia offering them anything better right now.

PS: I will let more knowledgeably people like Ayub respond to your questioning of **** loyalty to duriyaada, but I still believe **** are with the duriyadaa all the way! ..... their goals coalesce with the rest of the ****.Arguably, undermining Somaliland ambition is has not going to benefit them much.Don't Buuba (the traitor) and the rest of the loosers (JB words not mine lol) give you hope!

A&T living up to the legendary Dibiggii Doolood. Somaliland's National conversation has always been the same. Somaliland wishes peace and stability and an inclusive government for Somalia (Proper). That never changed. Equally Somaliland's rightful bid to stand alone and be a productive member among the community of nations never changed and will not change.

NGONGE   

^^ A&T is being lazy and playing the "waxa la yedhi" card. But, I wouldn't totally dismiss the fluke he made here. There are lots of questions to be asked about the future relations between the two sides. There are questions to be asked about the UK's "Consulate" in SL and the fact that it will report to Matt Baugh instead of the guy in Ethiopia, etc, etc, etc...

Is Siilaanyo hedging his bets here or does he believe some of this stuff does not matter?

Like I say, if "unionists" such as A&T had it in them, they could come up with loads of uncomfortable questions for SL and its future, fortunately, they're all great experts when it comes to "waxa la yedhi" only. :D

AYOUB   

Afewerki, how many times do I have to say; if the people of Somaliland want unification with Somalia I'm with them. If they don't, I'm with them.

Secondly, what you claimed up there is what you always claimed, so what the change?

Last but but no least, yesterday OG's were the most wadani Somali sub-clan according to you and today you have GX at the top of the chats. Let's see what tomorrow brings, insha'Allah.

Waar Abtigiis daaya ,,, he is probably right ,,,,, the problem is he was not here during the Abdiqasim era, the Ali Mahdi one, the Yusuf one ,,,,,,,, he is lucky now coz this is the only time he is here.

I'll give him another week ,,, :D

NGONGE;868396 wrote:
^^ A&T is being lazy and playing the "waxa la yedhi" card. But, I wouldn't totally dismiss the fluke he made here. There are lots of questions to be asked about the future relations between the two sides. There are questions to be asked about the UK's "Consulate" in SL and the fact that it will report to Matt Baugh instead of the guy in Ethiopia, etc, etc, etc...

Is Siilaanyo hedging his bets here or does he believe some of this stuff does not matter?

Like I say, if "unionists" such as A&T had it in them, they could come up with loads of uncomfortable questions for SL and its future, fortunately, they're all great experts when it comes to "waxa la yedhi" only.
:D

The Hargeysa consulate will be linked to the Embassy in Addis ababa rather than Matt baugh in Nairobi. The Somaliland govt knows that you will hear more about this in the coming weeks.

Mario B   

Xaaji Xunjuf;868453 wrote:
The Hargeysa consulate will be linked to the Embassy in Addis ababa rather than Matt baugh in Nairobi. The Somaliland govt knows that you will hear more about this in the coming weeks.

Lol, Xaaji with his usual spin, if there was ever a "government socket puppet" in this forum, then you fit the bill, saxib. Fiqikhayre is a poor immitation, just like PL.:)

Professor Abtigiis's read is correct...

It is not healthy to argue for the sake of argument. The notion of separating Somalia has been effectively dispelled in London Conference on Somalia. I saw Somaliland delegates in Istanbul and they were perfectly happy in participating not only the development sessions, but the political sessions amongst Somali stakeholders, which was a clear contrast to what the media in Hargeysa was feeding the masses.

The era where even ngogne used to argue Somaliland students traveled Somaliland passport to Turkey is behind us.

With respect to Somalia/Somaliland talks, Somaliland's insistence on International cover, respect from Mogadishu has been granted. But the end result will not change ---it is all about finding a face saving political incorporation into Mogadishu.

Mario B   

xiinfaniin;868506 wrote:
Professor Abtigiis's read is correct...

It is not healthy to argue for the sake of argument. The notion of separating Somalia has been effectively dispelled in London Conference on Somalia.

The lady [Hilary] was loud and clear when she was in London, "no break-up of Somalia". Somalia is big enough for all the clans. Those peddling "clan international borders" and a "President" in every tuulo are just plain mad!!