Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

A New Dark Leaf on Faroole's Dour History

^Haatu...nobody likes status quo except war profiteers and foreigners but idea that Xamar will have complete control over the rest of the country is an outdated. It's formula that simply won't work today.

p.s. people should negotiate instead of dooni meyno mantra. Final and lasting solution can only through negotaition.

Haatu   

Che, where do people get the idea that xamar will control everything? That's not what a decentralized unitary state is. There is no benefit in federalism for us as a nation.

As for the negotiations, they are currently taking place in xamar. It's only that certain groups are not happy with the direction the talks are going in.

Abtigiis   

Abtigiis;831427 wrote:
The very notion that a former pirate-boss will be part to the birth of a crime-free Somali state is as oxymoronic as a eunuch broadcasting unbridled fertility! It is a bit of shame and pity that the whole fate of the Somali nation is hinged on the whims of a fatally fraudulent old man, with dour history. Indeed a man with a history pockmarked by so many disgraces, including leading a raid on a bank among other things.

Somalis will ultimately get past this political piracy, but we feel
it is time Puntland makes the transition from reprehensible to responsible leadership

The time has arrived and General Duke agrees. PL deserves better than the fingerless.

Samafal   

How so? Your little caqli Puntland should take whatever thrown at her and should not have any thought or input in the affairs pertaining to the constitution and future relationship in the federal system ? More over it should let couple of inexperienced fellas who never had any proper administrative experience let alone lead a broken county to decide for her in the absence of proper agreed federal institutions and proper checks and balances?

If you lot going to write essays (I don't know how you get the time in the world to write such lengthy BS), every time Faroole disagrees with something or show a concern, then embrace yourselves as you have your work cut out. he will have a lot to say where the country's politics is headed, the completing the constitution and building proper institutions that work for all not the few in Mogadishu. Many will disagree with him but in the end he will prevail as he did many times before. You see Faroole is realist and neither he's dreamer nor naive. The international community understands his language pretty well.

NGONGE   

^^ Err..did you read this thread, saaxib? I refer you to my first reply on it. My little caqli was actually with PL at the time. It were the PL supporters who were against Azania and the Kenayans (but that's not even my point). I'm wondering at the timing, that's all. Do you think the Imam puts it in his diary to cause ruck every May? :D

Baashi   

NGONGE;945536 wrote:
^^ Err..did you read this thread, saaxib? I refer you to my first reply on it. My little caqli was actually with PL at the time. It were the PL supporters who were against Azania and the Kenayans (but that's not even my point). I'm wondering at the timing, that's all. Do you think the Imam puts it in his diary to cause ruck every May?
:D

I shall take the bait. The answer is no :) Contrary to your perception of the man, one thing (out of many things) he has no control is the Somali political calendar :)

Hassan came to Garowe of time of his choosing. He came to inform Farole about the state of the country. Farole demanded as you would expect from rijaal that he is expected consultation from Mogadishu. He told Hassan he's not up for a game where he is informed decisions of consequence after the fact.

NGONGE   

lol@taking the bait. :D

Let me put your mind at rest here, Baashi, and tell you that in an argument between the Imam and Hassan Sheikh, my instinct tells me to root for the Imam. The Imam may be an impulsive man who is sometimes full of anger and not without an obvious dictatorial streak but he is also a man anyone can work with. Hassan Sheikh, as far as I can see, is nothing but a smiling villain (another line borrowed from the bard, just in case you ask). That still doesn't mean that I'm not puzzled at the timing of the Imam. Fay shay ninyaho, shay kabeer waliba.

Baashi   

I thought for a moment there was a little opening there but you chose your diction pretty well :)

How Silanyo tour going awoowe? Any success acheived where it matters the most (for the hardcore secessionist world view, that is)?

NGONGE   

^^ Oh yes, that's another thing I wanted to put your mind at rest on. :D

Siilaanyo, after managing to get Hassan Sheikh to agree to the seven points of the recent talks in Turkey, does not have to worry himself about the internal going ons in Somalia anymore. He knows that whoever wins the battle of wills that is going on there will still have to come and talk to him as an equal. So when you see Minted, Oodwyne or even Xaaji X talking about Somali affairs, don't panic saaxib, we don't mind who wins or loses anymore, we're happy to talk to whoever is president at the time. :D

p.s.

Siilaanyo is doing very well, I hear.

Abtigiis   

Although I believe President Hassan Sheikh is playing into the hands of Somalia's regional enemies by failing to navigate through the treacherous matter of the Jubbas, I cannot hide my disdain for the political opportunist that is Faroole. Nothing has changed my views about this man, who is running to Addis or Nairobi, at the behest of his handlers. His Jubbaland mantra is not coming from deep concern for constitution or for the community he says he is lending succor; it is a diversionary political tactic from domestic unpopularity and upcoming elections in Puntland. President Hassan Sheikh must not be beholden to the whims of his radical HAG advisors in Mogadishu, and he should lead the nation by compromising and accepting the reality of a Jubbaland led by Ahmed Madoobe for the time being, but Somalia will never be a sovereign country again without dealing with the mad dog that is Faroole.

Carafaat   

Hassan Sheick and Ahmed Madobe need to sit down and come to terms in order to resolve the Jubbaland issue. But with Faroole

and his agenda between, the issue will only lead to more misunderstandings and disruptive murmur.

lol@ Carafaat. I thought you called Ahmed Madoobe a warlord that need to be shunned away , and should never be dignified with a presidential audience :D

I love Faroole, he changes minds ( of the fickle ones) faster than time

Abtigiis,

Stop the appeasement waryaa, I know you deeply appreciate Faroole's logic and vision about post civil war Somalia

Abtigiis   

Dr. Xinn, yaan la isu gafin. I am not appeasing anyone; I am speaking my mind.

I do not like Faroole and the vision he has for Somalia. I despise his convoluted sense of Federalism. Federalism is not remotely close to what Faroole things it is. Inside Puntland, he is raiding UN offices because his son's tender to provide food to the UN guest house is terminated; he is forcing bright puntland intellectuals to leave the region; he is a very bad administrator. But at least for now, his opposition to President Hassan's "I will appoint governors" to regions is right. We cannot run away from correct principles just because a bad man has embraced them. However, Faroole wants endless center-region conflict. That cannot and must not be granted. If President Hassan plays his cards well, Faroole will be exposed for the dangerous sell out he is.

Haatu   

And people complain when I talk about Faroole and equate it with P/land hate. The mad dog needs to be neutralised if this country is to be saved.