Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

A New Dark Leaf on Faroole's Dour History

Abtigiis   

The pirate cat has finally come out of its treacherous bag and it is noticeably clear Salad Cali Jeele is not the real spoiler, but Faroole is. This is in relation to the ongoing constitional process in Somalia to end the transition and put in place a government with a broader legal mandate that can bring Somalia back to its glory days. Not overnight, but gradually.

After weeks of laments and name-calling against the habitually anarchist central and southern clans, it is somnambulist Puntland, led by a real-life despot exaggerating his potential on account of yet-to-be-dug oil, that is letting Somalia down.

To call Faroole a spoiler is to banalise the word into a validation of every kind of small political mischief. What Faroole is doing is treason. He is undermining national reconciliation and the rebuilding of the Somali State. And he, at last, has succeeded in dragging Somalia’s regional nemesis into what should have been an exclusive Somali affair.

In rushing to Addis for conspiratorial succor, he reveals his own effeteness in national politics, as much as it is about flexing a borrowed political muscle against his southern adversaries. Borrowing a crown that you do not own seems to be a national pastime in Puntland. We all recall the late Yey on Ethiopian tanks. Faroole also schemed to provoke a walkout by Puntland elders on the process; all the time, basing his opposition to the process on woolly justifications; with the same logic as the one pirates use when asking for ransom!

You hear about a deliberation on Somalia’s constitution in Addis Ababa, and you smell a dreadful smolder, the cracking of an engulfing veld fire. Will the false fathers of Somalia, the “international community” issue the same warning they sent to “spoilers” of Madoobe Nunow’s faction to Faroole? Most likely not! But my intelligence says he will not have it his way in Addis. We will see how he reacts after he learns even Addis is not big and powerful enough to grant the wishes of this reconstructed pirate at the expense of Somali national interest.

The very notion that a former pirate-boss will be part to the birth of a crime-free Somali state is as oxymoronic as a eunuch broadcasting unbridled fertility! It is a bit of shame and pity that the whole fate of the Somali nation is hinged on the whims of a fatally fraudulent old man, with dour history. Indeed a man with a history pockmarked by so many disgraces, including leading a raid on a bank among other things.

Somalis will ultimately get past this political piracy, but we feel it is time Puntland makes the transition from reprehensible to responsible leadership.

NGONGE   

Can't blame the Imam for trying his luck, saaxib. In that regard, at least, he is doing a brilliant job in looking after the interests of PL. It's neither treason nor spoiling (though Mahiga may disagree). It's an attempt to position PL at the centre of the decision making process. And, to be honest, it's not much different to anything the other Somali factions are doing.

p.s.

When you say "but we feel it is time Puntland makes the transition from reprehensible to responsible leadership". Who are the 'we' here? I thought you only reserved such talk for when you're sharing information/opinion from the ONLF's central committe. :P

uchi   

More whinging from the old man it seems, its clear you do not like Farole~ but how about you report about the ONLF leadership & let Puntlanders worry about their own.

Abtigiis   

Dear Uchi,

"The social emancipation of the Jew is the emancipation of society from Judaism", writes Karl Marx in his seminal paper "On the Jewish Question". The political emancipation of Puntlanders and Somalilanders will be attained only whey they cease to think of themselves as MJ and I's. Or to paraphrase it, the national emancipation of Somalia is the emancipation of Puntland and Somaliland. Viewed from this angle, Faroole's actions, which are driven purely by self-centredness and a desire for political self-preservation, are inimical to puntlanders interest in the long run, contrary to what Ngonge is saying in his usual harebrained analysis of somali politics. The existential question that must be asked is "where does Puntland's interest end and national (Somalia) interest start?". Faroole got everything he wanted in Gawore II conference. He is now getting greedy and petulant. And he must be stopped. For nothing other than power satisfies him and he thinks the return of a powerful national state heralds dminished political profile for himself.

Ngonge,

We, here, denotes "we, the Somali people"

Carafaat   

Undermining national interest by bringing a foreign power to destroy the exclusive Somali national process is indeed treason.

Faroole doesn't claim to represent all Somali's, he claims to represent only Puntland. And based on the clan system, he has Puntlanders in a firm grip making it difficult for them to distentiate themselves from this kind of distructive politics. To make matter worse federalism is the "institutionalisation" of this kind of afduub. With federalism man like Faroole become kings and rulers of people without the possibility to choose another form of politics or ideology.

Kuli afduub ayaa lagu wada jiraa ileyn markab "state" la dhaho ayaa la wada saaran yahay.

Abtigiis   

Medieval Ethiopia had witnessed what was known as "Zemene Masafint" (The Era of Princes), where every small prince or village head somewhere was a law unto himself and national political cohesion was non-existent. It led to bloody wars. Men like Faroole intend to revive such medieval political set-up under the name of Federalsim, as Carafaat perceptively noted. It augurs disaster for Somalia and Somalinimo. It will fuel clan competition and rivarly, not because its design is so bad, but because the designers of this scheme are so primitive and insular.

The typology of the State set-up in Somalia, per se, would not have been of concern if our political leaders were far-sighted patriots. Sadly, they are anything but that and therefore the Federalism baloney is a subterfuge for debauched tribalism. Predictably, men like Faroole, Muse Suudi, Faysal Cali Waraabe, with the calibre and competency of a mere goat-skinner, have a distinctive advantage when it comes to fishing from this filthy rut.

NGONGE   

Abtigiis;831439 wrote:
Dear Uchi,

"The social emancipation of the Jew is the emancipation of society from Judaism"
, writes Karl Marx in his seminal paper "On the Jewish Question". The political emancipation of Puntlanders and Somalilanders will be attained only whey they cease to think of themselves as MJ and I's. Or to paraphrase it, the national emancipation of Somalia is the emancipation of Puntland and Somaliland. Viewed from this angle, Faroole's actions, which are driven purely by self-centredness and a desire for political self-preservation, are inimical to puntlanders interest in the long run, contrary to what Ngonge is saying in his usual harebrained analysis of somali politics. The existential question that must be asked is "where does Puntland's interest end and national (Somalia) interest start?". Faroole got everything he wanted in Gawore II conference. He is now getting greedy and petulant. And he must be stopped. For nothing other than power satisfies him and he thinks the return of a powerful national state heralds dminished political profile for himself.

Ngonge,

We, here, denotes "we, the Somali people"

Oh, hairbrained! That's a nice word. :D

Quoting Karl Marx is not going to make Somali politics seem deeper and more profound than what it is, saaxib. Heck, even you with your half cooked opinions on politics could become one of the so called leaders (and that's no compliment to you or them, saaxib).

You already know that I have no love for the Imam or his awful political ability. However, one must give credit where credit is due. Zoom out, my friend, zoom out and don't focus on the Imam alone. Is PL trying to protect its own interests? Of course it is. Should it not? In an ideal world, PL's interests are the same as those of Somalia. But, Karl Marx lover, it's not an ideal world.

Sheikh Sharif, Sheikh Xasan or any of the others involved in Somali politics are all jockeying for positions for themselves (and their people), should that mean that they'll trample on PL as a result, none of them will bat a single eyelid in the process.

So, tell me, why is it only the Imam who gets labeled with treason or greed? Is it because he’s making the loudest noise and (through his rudimentary political skills) managing to receive the best concessions?

Bahasha baro, saaxib. :D

Abtigiis   

Uchi, o, uchi, why do you display the short-temperdness of a child who grew up in ubaxa kacaanka? If you cannot handle serious discussion, don't start it! Now, look what you have done to yourself! And for some reason, it is when the name Faroole is mentioned that you lose whatever muse and composure you have! Are you his son?

Ngonge,

This is not a discussion on the shalloweness or depth of Somali politics. It is about demanding a modicum of nationalism from some somali political leaders . As an ardent secessionist who identifies himself first as an 'I' and then as a Somali, the false PL and Sharif blah blah structures mean a lot to you. The fact is there is a growing movement that is disillusioned by these miasmic fiefdoms and are looking for a radical reshaping of somali politics through galvanzing national consciousness. Those would understand the theme of this curse against Faroole. Also, whatever is said about Faroole applies to those who are in the same league, the Shariff's included. And you are absoultely wrong if you think Faroole's manouvers are about PL interest. They are not. As you will see in not so distant future, once the PM and other sensible men move forward on national agenda, the Faroole's of this peninsula will be left in the cold.

I take you half-cooked thing as a retaliatory nonesense to my earlier salvo. If at all you conceded Somali politics is as shallow as SNM's secession ideology, then you would know even half-cooked minds would get it.

Carafaat   

Sheikh Sharif, Sheikh Xasan or any of the others involved in Somali politics are all jockeying for positions for themselves (and their people), should that mean that they'll trample on PL as a result, none of them will bat a single eyelid in the process.

:D how are they trying to do that? I dont even think these man can look beyond their own pocket, let alone think of their people.

Mario B   

Farole and Puntlanders need to grow some balls. Faroole should be confronting Sh Sharif and Abdiweli with his version of Federalism instead of throwing a strop and running to whoever has got a big stick. I think the time has come for Somalis to stop listening to this political virgin. If he can't trust the rest of the Somalis then he should give the job to other competent politician [ if they are any in the enclave], I believe the good people of Bari and Nugaal deserve better representation. Only Puntlander's useful i'diots will be celebrating this political fraud!

Abtigiis   

Indeed Mario. Faroole comes to big meetings with the mind of a goat-skinner, uttering nonesense and yet his constituency does not cringe. The PL elites, Xinnfanin included, need to ask questions and demand better representation.

Mario,

War ninkan Ngonge dee sheekada iyo taarikhda somalida waxay uga bilaabataa aydhi-aydh kii (88). Dagaaladii SNM ta ayaa ugu horeeeyey sheeko Somali markaa halkaa wixii ka horeeyey lama waydiiyo.Rayaale, Faroole iyo waxaas unbuu fahmayaa. Bal C/risaaq Xaaji Xuseen muxuu ahaa waydii? Waa Af-hayeenka Alshabab buu ku odhan! :D

Yunis   

Abtigiis;831427 wrote:

In rushing to Addis for conspiratorial succor, he reveals his own effeteness in national politics, as much as it is about flexing a borrowed political muscle against his southern adversaries. Borrowing a crown that you do not own seems to be a national pastime in Puntland. We all recall the late Yey on Ethiopian tanks. Faroole also schemed to provoke a walkout by Puntland elders on the process; all the time, basing his opposition to the process on woolly justifications; with the same logic as the one pirates use when asking for ransom!

You hear about a deliberation on Somalia’s constitution in Addis Ababa, and you smell a dreadful smolder, the cracking of an engulfing veld fire. Will the false fathers of Somalia, the “international community” issue the same warning they sent to “spoilers” of Madoobe Nunow’s faction to Faroole? Most likely not! But my intelligence says he will not have it his way in Addis. We will see how he reacts after he learns even Addis is not big and powerful enough to grant the wishes of this reconstructed pirate at the expense of Somali national interest.

Reer Puntland should discontinue in supporting Mr fingers to the hill before its too late....he is getting more desprate.

Abtigiis - this is suspicious of you - when Mr fingers goes over to addiss of his treasonous act to consult with the Zcar himself on 'Somali constitutions' and gets near the ONLF territories then you start to revolt. Where were you on other instances, that of sham Garowe conferences, and for mocking reer Buuhoodle as they were getting slaughtered or dictating his needs to the frail TFG at every turn.

NGONGE   

Mario,

And yet, and yet, and yet..IT IS! :D

Abtigiis;831459 wrote:
Ngonge,

This is not a discussion on the shalloweness or depth of Somali politics. It is about demanding from some somali political leaders a modicum of nationalism. As an ardent secessionist who identifies himself first as an 'I' and then as a Somali, the false PL and Sharif blah blah structures mean a lot to you. The fact is there is a growing movement that is disillusioned by these miasmic fiefdoms and are looking for a radical reshaping of somali politics through galvanzing national consciousness. Those would understand the theme of this curse against Faroole. Also, whatever is said about Faroole applies to those who are in the same league, the Shariff's included. And you are absoultely wrong if you think Faroole's manouvers are about PL interest. They are not. As you will see in not so distant future, once the PM and other sensible men move forward on national agenda, the Faroole's of this peninsula will be left in the cold.

I take you half-cooked thing as a retaliatory nonesense to my earlier salvo. If at all you conceded Somali politics is as shallow as SNM's secession ideology, then you would know even half-cooked minds would get it.

Leave me out of it, adeer. It doesn't become you to turn this personal and show yourself up here. Lets talk about this great speech of yours instead. :D

Adeer waxa ku hor yaala ka hadal. It is what it is, as they say. Why then do you suddenly come up with the rosy ideas of nationalism and other nonsense when you KNOW the people you're talking about here? As for the movement you mention, where is it? Show me proper, real and believable signs of its existence and save me the dreamy talk about it existing. War even the Imam claims that he is a Somali nationalist (but you don't believe the Imam). So why do you believe others?

As for this business of seeing in the not so distant future, I would rather wait and see it. Xiin's crystal ball had put me off such empty talk. Wax naf leh la kaalay ninyaho. ;)

You know better than this, A&T and you should stop acting the fool here. Fix up.