Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

A New Dark Leaf on Faroole's Dour History

Abtigiis   

Bro Warsamaale, it is foolish to analyze historical events with the benefit of hindsight and judge the particular positions of people without any nuances, but I am actually glad you mentioned I supported the Union of Islamic Courts. Yes, I did and I am proud of that even today. There was no way Abdullahi Yusuf, irrespective of his 'best' intentions, could have led the revival of the Somali State by arriving in Mogadish atop Ethiopian tanks. No way. The locals felt he was a clan leader coming to Mogadishu to impose the same D-regime that they despised, and the result is that Yusuf left power with no much results to talk about. As it were, the leader of UIC, Sheikh Sharif, led the country and laid the foundations for today's SFG! So, judge me against that outcome. You can argue we missed to appreciate the dangers of the militant elements of the UIC -Alshabab. You are right on that.

My problem with President Hassan is that if he is seen as a clan leader who is trying to impose his clan as the rulers of Kismaayo, we may be going to have a repeat of history: a defiant clan fighting a national leader to the detriment of national revival....

Abtigiis ragbuu la hayaa(Bashe iyo Xiin) ee Moony doodda ha qabiileyn. ;)

Waryaa, Abtigiis, I am interested to know more about those intellectual refugees to talked about. Are you saying they run for their dear lives because of threat, or they couldn't work with Farole? Please bal tan yar iftiimi, dee tea shop talks ka reeb, boowe! Waa maxay wasiiraa biya lagu daadshaa ;)

But AY come with with Ethiopian tanks after that war initiated by the ICU foolishness. A man whom i never supported by the way, because i thought he a bad rap despite his best intentions and politics is all about perceptions.

The Zack;959197 wrote:
Without Faroole's contributions, the current government wouldn't even have existed. Without Faroole's contributions, Hassan wouldn't have been here. Without Faroole's, 4.5 would be in the constitution. Just saying, yaa Xaaji AT&T.

Need we say more?

Baashi   

Abtigiis;959183 wrote:
3- Dear Baashe, yes, Faroole wants an endless center-region acrimony because his version of Federalism is secession without the name. Faroole hates the H clan in Mogadishu intensely. His cooperation with Mogadishu is a factor of whether a Puntlander has the top post in the Federal Government. I recall when Farmaajo was removed and Abdiweli came in, he said "hadda Federalka xidheedhkeenu waa fiican yahay", implying inagii baa nimid. He cannot and will not play a positive role in the efforts to revive the Somalia State. The "respect for constitution" is a hogwash that has helped him mask his identity and true intentions for now. Luckily for him, the likes of President Hassan and HAG with misguided the "center controls everything" mindset are helping him confuse people. Secondly, Faroole has been running to Addis Ababa and Jigjiga to seek succor against national leaders in Mogadishu, even when the national leaders (such as Sheikh Sharif) were very accommodative of his demands. Now, it is the turn of Nairobi, and whether we like it or not, what happened in Nairobi - with block politicians taking their grievances to Uhuru Kenyatta and relishing in his assumed benediction, is a sickening sight. Any Somali should be ashamed of what happened. However, I do realize that this time around Faroole can rightly claim that it is President Hassan who outsourced the solutions to and problems of Kismaayo to IGAD and regional neighbours, hoping to suppress the legitimate concerns of his own people through the borrowed political, diplomatic and (if he can get it) military might of Kenya!! This time Faroole can say "why do I have to be ashamed of going to Uhuru when the national leader is peddling his clan's agenda in Kismaayo?"

Well come clean then and tell us how Federalism – the Farole version – works and if it is not in alignment with the draft constitution please refer to the clause he’s deviating from. You gotta be specific -- trivializing and generalizing won’t cut it when you make such accusation. Or else we can safely conclude there is some unexplained personal vendetta between you and the house of Faroole :) What’s it – spill the beans :)

On the second charge again you didn't level with the silent readers in SOL awoowe :) You just made serious charges against Faroole. You singled out a politician (out of many) operating in a toxic, cutthroat clannish environment where the balance of power is determined by how much external support (political, economic, military, etc) players could count on when things go south.

What’s it that he has done differently considering the field – SL, AS and Benadir coalitions? Is it not the case that even the very SFG narrative that gives us all hope is being inked in Kampala not long ago?

By the way, I am with you on being critical on these politicians, their conduct, their policy and what not. I am not fond of folks who do mashxarad and content being a guulwade defending the politician they support in every occasion.

Let me add that Faroole's shortcomings are numerous and could fill 8x11 page if listed. However, this time and on this particular issue he is on the money and doing service for all Somalis.

Baashi   

Abtigiis;959186 wrote:
Tii 80yadii baa maantana taagan....only the HAG resurgence and domineering bit is missing:

?

:D

There was time when ****s were the only clan in Somalia opposing the folly and dictatorial nature of inna Bare led military junta. They were the black sheep in the family and as such folks were happy to snitch, expose, prosecute and what have you.

By Khaliif Sh. Mohamud

1980 via Radio Kulmis

uchi   

Abtigis please stop talking about undressing, nudity, young under aged girls and sperm splashing for two seconds & tell us more about the Farole family, I am really interested. Here I thought I would have to go out of my way and get my daily gossip news from the local cafe.

gooni   

Proff',,,abtigiis buufin biyo ku jiraan buu dilaaciyay waana aragtidiisa

Faroole qudbadiisa haddaad dhagaysteen caadifad qabiil baa ka buuxday siiba markuu mashxardda dumarka maqlo,federalka layskuma diidana soomaaliya waxay u dhawaatay inay lugaheeda ku is taagto,waxayna noqotay in kismaayo isbaaro looga dhigo ayadoo la og yahay haday daacad nimo jirto inay dhismi kartay 20 sano ka hor, waayo dadkii joogay baa weli jooga su'aashu waxay tahay muxuu yahay federalkan uhuro laga baryayo oo weliba sida dhaqsahaana loo doonayo?