Sign in to follow this  
Samafal

Ladies going to University?

Somalina   

Dhaqan celis ayuu u baahan yahay malaha ;).

Nimanka Soomaaliyeed ee xabsiyada N.A iyo UK buuxiyey "Sheikha" haka hadlo, nimanka daroogada iibiya haka hadlo, kuwa dumarka ka ganacsado haka hadlo, gabar iskuul aadeysa yuusan isku wareerin.

Gabadha Nasra xil kama saarna gabdhaha Soomaaliyeed, waa shaqsi, sida ay nimanka Soomaaliyeed ee qurbaha dumarka ku kufsada ay shaqsi u yihiin, sida raga Soomaaliyeed ee dil iyo boob ka geysta ay shaqsi u yihiin, sida raga Soomaaliyeed ee qowmuluud ka ah ee qurbaha ku nool ay shaqsi u yihiin, sida kuwa daroogada ku rafaadisey qurbaha ay shaqsi u yihiin.

Wax kale la imoow.

Samafal   

Narnia and Aliyah, eedooyin waa idinka qaatay ( Look how sweet I'm :)). Somlina meesha tartan kama furna, this thread is specifically about ladies going to university, do you agree, disagree and what is your solution to the barriers that are faced by the muslim ladies. I don't know about you but I would think twice sending my daughter away rather than my son, ladies are too vulnerable to trek in those kind of enviroment.

Somalina   

Right! keep your daughter at home then (if you have one), that's your biz, just don't come here with this nonsense.

I'm sure I made my opinion clear for you. -------->nonsense.

Jealous Nut! that's what happens when masjid demagogues seen as scholars.Almost all these devil bearded men neva went to school let alone universities.Couldn't take these confident sistas making what he can only dream of.One more prove pray at home.

Aaliyyah   

samafal loool why are you calling everyone eedo? if you are 10 years old and under then feel free but if you are 30 plus please..i cant be your eedo :)..

ElPunto   

Poor Samafal. Ladies are not showing you any mercy.

If the choice is between no university and away university. I don't think there is a debate there. Seek knowledge as far as China etc. If it is between local uni or away uni - it's a personal decision. I can understand why some would not feel comfortable with their daughter going away but would be ok with their son. But that is more cultural baggage than anything else. In North America - males are the ones causing grief to the families not the ladies. The ladies are trusted to do their thing but if it comes down to going away for education many Somali parents have issues. It's an oddity. At the end of the day - you can't stop anyone going astray or something bad happening - you gotta wiegh the options and stay open minded.

when you go back home check who sends more money,men V women.Close to 2/3 are women who sustain families and it's not money,big money indeed.average: $300 per woman to $100 per man.Fact.

Samafal   

LOL Elpunto, these ladies are urguing for the sake of defending feminsm and women liberty without giving much consideration to the issue under discussion, its like they have been attending women's orientation and they have been programmed and left to their devices.

Aaliyah, its out of respect, I can call you habaryar if you don't like it :)

Aaliyyah   

^LOL..ka daran oo dibi dhal. I dont want to be your habaryar either. How about walaal..but if ur 40 plus feel free to call me adeer :)

raula   

well then maybe take them to a catholic school then..oh wait ...snap! sorry nowdays..they are mixed here in the west unless its probably somewhere in Africa.

Samafal   

^take who?

Dadka qaarkiis xikamad daro inaan lala hadlin baa la qaata, marka waan isaga aamusi.

Aaliyah OK ayeeyo baa waxaas oo dhan ka fiican :) I hope we settled that bit :)