Sign in to follow this  
BOB

2008 African Cup Of Nations in Ghana.

^^It's coming home where it belongs. Egypt May look like composed under pressure. But the hefty, snow-storm like gigantics like Kolo Toure, Kalou, and Drogba will reveal their unsteady gaits of play to the naked eye. They'll hardly toddle past The Elephant's defence block.

Skipper   

Ngonge you can support Egypt as much as you want but eventually you cant escape the fact that Ivory coast boasts the most talented team of the tournament. Drogba was just a good player 2 years ago but now he is the best striker in the world,after Fernando torres ofcourse,ahahah. Kolo is a solid rock with more experience now than ever, Yaya toure plays for barcelona and has more experience now so the midfield wll be his play ground. I am not a fortune teller but i reckon this will be a tight game with ivory winning it in the end just like any talented team do. Jc yuor love for drogba is well documented

NGONGE   

Skipper,

All you say is true. It was true too in 2006 but they still lost (twice). :D

Egypt is not expecting to win (as is usual with them) but I think they will. They are a more organised team and are solid defensively. Besides, talented teams hardly ever win tournaments purely on talent. There are lots of other variables that are needed to win the cup.

The Ivory Coast are not better than the Argentinean team in the 2006 world cup or the Brazilians of 82 or the Dutch of (oh how many world cups shall I recount?).

I'll stick with the mighty Pharaohs. Tonight is the night.

Sad to see the host nation bow out of the tournament. They played better than their opponent. Would the Indomitable Lions live upto the hype when they face giants like Ivory coast or Egypt.

Looking forward to the repeat of the 2006 final. The Elephants all the way smile.gif

Thierry.   

I walked away at half time in disgust man

looks like odayga Ngonge predictions are coming true, if this was the financial market you wold have been arrested for inside trading.