Sign in to follow this  
BOB

2008 African Cup Of Nations in Ghana.

^^ Yielding the final to the Pharoahs. Oh yes, they proved me wrong. Henceforth considering them a football-fiend to reckon with.

Let them double their record with a sixth win.

Bleeding and ruffled redface.gif

NGONGE   

Ten games against the Elephants, only one loss (and even then, the Egyptian second team was playing).

Poor Drogba must be sick and tired of playing against Ahmed Hassan and Al Hadari. :D

Bring on Cameroon....

Thierry.   

I do not want to generalise but it seems Sub-Saharan African teams lack discipline and coordination, you can have all the muscles and athleticism in the world but if you haven’t a got a footballing brain you will get smoked.

Norf he had a bad game must have been the Ivorian shirt, you be amazed what a simple shirt change does to footballers just ask your man Gerard :D

NGONGE   

4-1, baby, 4-1. They celebrated exactly the same way in the last round. ;)

I like the way you still have faith in African teams despite the overwhelming odds (not to mention common sense). :D

Edit:

The stats were given by the commontator. I think it's all the games they ever played.

N.O.R.F   

Ngonge, you listen to the Arab commentators saxib. You will want all Arab teams to lose in every game they play!

Overwhelming odds? Its 50/50 saxib ;)

Originally posted by NGONGE:

4-1, baby, 4-1. They celebrated exactly the same way in the last round.
;)

I like the way you still have faith in African teams despite the overwhelming odds (not to mention common sense).
:D

Edit:

The stats were given by the commontator. I think it's all the games they ever played.

^^This contradicts your earlier wrangle. So Egypt isn't African?

Can't be. Not all games played. Google it.

Viking   

Besides the despicable play-acting, the Egyptians played a tactful and well executed game! Why did the Ivorians bother to bring K. Toure back? They were doing so well without him and tonight he was to blame for two of the four goals.

Two best teams in the tournament will now be battling out for third place; shows that it takes a team performance to succeed!

NGONGE   

Shar,

They played twenty times. Egypt won ten. Lost six and drew four.

In the African Nations Cup, they played ten times. Here is how it went:

2008: Egypt 4 - 1 Ivory Coast

2006: Egypt 3 – 1 Ivory Coast (they drew in the final but won on penalties)

1998: Egypt 0 – 0 Ivory Coast

1990: Egypt 1- 3 Ivory Coast

1986: Egypt 2-0 Ivory Coast

1984: Egypt 2-1 Ivory Coast

1980: Egypt 2-1 Ivory Coast

1974: Egypt 2-0 Ivory Coast

1970: Egypt 3-1 Ivory Coast

ps

They are Africans. What are you, an Arsenal fan? :D

NGONGE   

I never cease to be amazed by the eternal hope found in these pages. You all sound as bitter as Arsene Wenger when his teams lose. :D

Egypt is on the brink of being the best ever African team. When they win the final, it will be the sixth time they've won it. It will also mean that they've won it back to back.

In addition, I would be surprised if the player of the tournament does not turn out to be Egyptian. They also have one more game (and chance) to claim the title of top goal scorer. The top goalkeeper position is certainly going to the Egyptian goalkeeper. The top defender should go to Wael Goma (for the sterling job he did against Drogba, Eto'o and the Manchester United kid).

This has been a great Egyptian team. Better than the one that got to the world cup in 1990. Better than Hossam Hassan's 1998 African cup winners and much much better than the team that won this same cup two years ago.

Give credit where credit is due, you bunch of racists. :Dicon_razz.gif