Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

Darwishland: Death Knell for Secessionists in “Somaliland”

Carafaat;776477 wrote:
Article is a bit confusing. First it denies the existence of Somaliland, then it potrays it as an clan enclave, concluding with the end of sesseci And the author argues that that Awdalland and Khaatumoland mean the end to secessionism.

But I think the main point is that beesha has a clear political agenda to leverage the secessionist agenda of Somaliland. But not how to leverage the powers of the State, build an administration replacing Somaliland in SSC region.

No, no. Khaatuma State of Somalia and Awdal State of Somalia individually or together, hand in hand, possess unequivocally unstoppable political leverage to shutdown SNM gang’s coffee shop in Hargeisa…

NGONGE   

xiinfaniin;776485 wrote:
^^Do you really think what is taking place in Taleex is a mere clan gathering, and not a political one?
:D

All Somali clans are political, saaxib. Why are you splitting hairs? It is still simply a meeting dee.

Still, adigu naftaad inoo keentay for the past two weeks about changing realities and other wishful arguments. Bal tell me what does this meeting change TODAY and why is it any different to the previous meetings/resolutions?

Of course, I fully accept and realise that this may indeed be THE Khaatumo that finally sorts the SSC clan out once and for all but I can't expect it to happen just because they had a meeting and declared a state (you, as is your habit, do).

(I don't talk out of xaasidnimo, I talk from recent history).

Adeer, admit you are being confused as ever. At least folks in Hargeysa know the significance of what is happening in Taleex. That is why they resorted to war to only see their boys chased away from Buuhoodle.

Khaatumo is a fitting name indeed to conclude twenty-one years of lies and delusions

A_Khadar   

NG, I thought I should make a quick correction first about this statement you said..

Khaatumo does not yet have any of the usual departments that any state would have yet it decided to have
THREE vice presidents

It's one president and two vices.. This arrangement has its madness.

The rest you're so close to the facts, however your insistence of that Khatumo has no significances and differences from the past about this community in question (ssc) would be more of "Xaasidnimo" because even without the outcomes so far, everything happened in Taleex is a historic. Of course a lot has to be done, but Xiin is right on this by saying this is a huge and it’s a game changer. The least evidence of that is your lot’s (clan admin) desperate attempt of attacking Buhodle and your SOL clanmates’ jubilation here from the other night. The celebration was a good temptation for you as well but what helped you to stayed away and take the time to certain is because of you being from Arabia rather than the dusty triangle towns where stick waving (budh laduul) is the norm..

Welcome to Khatumo State of Somalia and wish the best for your brothers..

ElPunto   

^I think Ngonge is saying show me the money. For now - nothing much has changed in the day to day reality. What is also true - is that the SSC folks seem to have spoken with a united voice and made their position regarding secession and Somaliland clear. We all await how that changes the situation in Las Anod which would be the clearest indication of real authority.

I would've taken NGONGE's point quite seriously had he shown similar cynicism toward the notion of Somaliland as a independent region or very close to achieving recognition.

If Taleex meeting was nothing or just in paper as the naive in us alludes, Siilaanyo wouldn't attack the peaceful town of Buuhoodle and wouldn't hav got the green light and endorsement of the all SNM clan elders and politicians. The so called Suldaanka of Beelaha Somaliland's park, Mad geezer Waraabe's woe and Siilaanyo's impotent reactionary show of force reveal something, the taste of the end game of their long clan dream; hence and instead want to taste the blood of the SSC who have been clam and thoughtful thus far. This attack on Buhoodle and the war drum beating of the SNM that's ongoing is or was not the mistake of a one man or restricted to the current leadership but by the consent of all.

Rome was not built in a fortnight, Khaatumo's admin will take time to get everything off the ground but thus far in its few days of existence has achieve one of the main goals it was set up for - boiling the blood of the secessionist, ending the dream of dismembering Somalia and as always standing for unity.

Abdul   

Those who think this conference is no different from previous meetings are in for a rude shock.Just like the 'cidanka qaranqa' that was sent to Buhoodle.

Carafaat   

GaadhHaye;776488 wrote:
No, no. Khaatuma State of Somalia and Awdal State of Somalia individually or together, hand in hand, possess unequivocally unstoppable political leverage to shutdown SNM gang’s coffee shop in Hargeisa…

Tell me for which logical reason would someone from Borama rather have Moqdisho(2 days drive) then Hargeysa(2 hours drive)?

burahadeer;776618 wrote:
Gloves taken off,you wanted war & you get it,Case close.Talking is what you all good at...for 20 yrs now!

War kan ma oga miyaa in ciidankii Qaranka lajabiyey?

NGONGE   

xiinfaniin;776540 wrote:
I would've taken NGONGE's point quite seriously had he shown similar cynicism toward the notion of Somaliland as a independent region or very close to achieving recognition.

I used to, barigaad beenta ii sheegi jirteen adiga iyou Baashe (remember all that guff about it being an H thing and that the H people will never break up, etc?). Dee hadaba iga daa ninyaho..

Khadar, when LA was in the hands of PL I did not believe Somaliland had any chance of recognition (and unlike kuwaan beenta sheega, my words are there for anyone that wants to do a search). However, when LA came back to Somaliland, I (with justification) began to believe that Somaliland is going to work after all.

Now don't take offence or consider it an insult (or provocation) but I still believe SL is going to work. I do because despite all your protestations about small numbers of sellouts from your clan and all your wishful arguments about the clan being fully united, I still see that LA is in the hands of SL and still know (as you do) that some sections of the SSC clan are with SL (a miniorty they may be but they still leave a question mark).

When I say it's a clan meeting that's what I mean. After all, I knew and you did that the outcome of the meeting was going to go along those lines (declaration of state, etc). In addition, I have already foreseen and spoke about such an outcome in that SSC Predicament thread. Besides, to declare a state these days is the easist thing possible (look at the comedy that is Awdal State).

So, like I said in that other thread of mine, the chocies for Khaatumo are still the same:

1- All out war with SL

2- A miracle that will allow them to actually run and fund a functioning state

3- A deal with the Imam

I can't see the first taking place becuase I don't think either side is really ready for an all out war (skirmshes and little raids, maybe). I also can't see the second one taking place without the cooperation of Khaatumo's three neighbours. I, however, can see a deal with the Imam where he uses Khaatumo to fortify his federal arguments.

Now the xaasid part:

Will the President and two VPs of Khaatumo stay in the agreement long enough? :D

Carafaat   

NGONGE;776682 wrote:
So, like I said in that other thread of mine, the chocies for Khaatumo are still the same:

1- All out war with SL

2- A miracle that will allow them to actually run and fund a functioning state

3- A deal with the Imam

I can't see the first taking place becuase I don't think either side is really ready for an all out war (skirmshes and little raids, maybe). I also can't see the second one taking place without the cooperation of Khaatumo's three neighbours. I, however, can see a deal with the Imam where he uses Khaatumo to fortify his federal arguments.

Now the xaasid part:

Will the President and two VPs of Khaatumo stay in the agreement long enough?
:D

Ngonge, how about the option of a deal between Somaliland goverment and the Khaatuma leadership?

NGONGE   

Carafaat,

I can't see a deal between Khaatumo and SL taking place, saaxib. The situation is tense and the entire Khaatumo project rests on the idea that they are opposed to SL. No Khaatumo president worth his salt could just turn around and tell Khadar & Co that he decided to work with SL. Wax fahan.