Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

BREAKING NEWS: ONLF and Ethiopia are very close to sign an agreement

Abtigiis   

STOIC;768496 wrote:
I don't think Kenya will benefit anything other than supporting a strong community in their government. By virtue of what AT&T has put forward it seems a bit confusing what the original goal of the ONLF was and it seems that everything is in its embryonic stage.I don't know what is far more important than the recognition of the self-rule of the O-people, but if they choose to negotiate what they deem will bring a future referundum then I think we can all hope the best for them.My most dreadful despair is Ethiopia plays a hardball game after ten years down the road and then everyone is back to square one.

The deal will be a sort of 'stay of execution' for both sides it ever is reached. For the TPLF, there will be a clause which will state that the government will try to make unity attractive in this period. That the Ethiopian will want to play the hardball in few years time is a CERTAINITY. The TPLF is not a party that is known for honoring its words. Axdi maleh. But in 10 years time, the calculation is the ONLF may be able to bring the somaligalbeed people more closer, hpeful will change its name and composition to give way to a pan-Somaligalbeed political outfit, and then we can bargain from the position of unified migh. The regime will not get any stronger as well. The internal decay is staring to hit Ethiopia. The economy will not be able to sustain the increasing population. The government is not popular. So, something significant may happen along the way, that may bring about a de facto independece. Too many assumptions, but certainly the people in the region will need a break of sort now. But a break that brings relief later. Not a submission.

Duufaan   

abtigiis

could this be another game for natural resoursesr? fact that ONFL succesfully haulted any oil exploration in region. how this negotiation will effect that in short term?

This is good news the Ethiopians finally want to talk I heard this last week that there was going to be talks between onlf and the Ethiopian govt. But one thing is for sure TPLf cannot be trusted they are up to something.Somalis in the region would 100 percent vote for independence if given the chance.But I do not think the ethiopians really want to talk about secession issues.let's just wait and see how the talks go inshallah kheyr.

Xaaji Xunjuf;768515 wrote:
This is good news the Ethiopians finally want to talk I heard this last week that there was going to be talks between onlf and the Ethiopian govt. But one thing is for sure TPLf cannot be trusted they are up to something.Somalis in the region would 100 percent vote for independence if given the chance.But I do not think the ethiopians really want to talk about secession issues.let's just wait and see how the talks go inshallah kheyr.

The Xaaji's other side ..... could be the wrong username ??? :D

NGONGE   

^^ Naah, it's the same Xaaji. :D

As for the topic; it's a brilliant demonstration that Clan is Everything. I mean what are the chances that both A&T and Zack are both "in the know" when it comes to the inner dealings of the ONLF?

On a serious note, could it really be true that the entire 'halgan', the shuhada and the hardship were all for the sake of a promise? A PROMISE! You see, I don't beleive any of this is true, however, should it prove to be true I hereby invite my friend Jacaylbaro to utter his famous words again; MASHROOC! :D

Naga daaya dee.

Somalia;768466 wrote:

@Abtigiis, I am able to think for myself, I do disagree with a lot of Abdullahi Yusuf did and I am not a big fan of Faroole as a leader.

Really? The first that I have heard who said he or she isn't a "big fan" of Faroole as a leader, not to mention, first to say in public that he or she "disagree with a lot of what Abdullahi Yusuf did."

Standing ovation, perhaphs? Before I continue with the standing ovation, can you please elaborate on the things that you don't like about Faroole, thus made him not a creditable leader, according to your perspective?

Carafaat   

This deal comes 20 years to late. ONLF could have gotten the same deal long time ago, where it not for the unrealistic terms and extremist diaspora whu fueled and funded this war that kept people between two guns. Even the mentioning of negoitiations proves that ONLF lost, and Peace will win. Inshallah.

The Zack   

Carafaat;768575 wrote:
This deal comes 20 years to late. ONLF could have gotten the same deal long time ago, where it not for the unrealistic terms and extremist diaspora whu fueled and funded this war that kept people between two guns. Even the mentioning of negoitiations proves that ONLF lost, and Peace will win. Inshallah.

You probably have 0 knowledge of what occcured in the early 1990's. It is Ethiopia, and not the ONLF, who is doing this late.