Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

BREAKING NEWS: ONLF and Ethiopia are very close to sign an agreement

Somalia;768478 wrote:
Che, I am sorry if I hurt you, but I am just telling you what everyone else is thinking.

Nothing I told you guys was a lie.
:)

LooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL

The Zack   

Duufaan;768479 wrote:
Zack

Atigiis should be the meeting and do not forget to take one reer Bari or mudug with you.

:D :D I get the AT&T part but why reer Bari or Mudug?

Jacpher   

Hope ONLF sticks to the key points. Wishing our brothers in the O region liberty and freedom.

AT: I don't think ONLF is at stage to join Somalia as independent region and Somalia isn't capable of such union at this time. The dust of the horn of Africa has to settle before any of them considers reunion.

Jacpher   

Che: You're implying Kenya should be worrying about NFD seceding if ONLF becomes independent? I don't know about ATT but I think Zack knows how loyal Kenya can be. It's doing its best to remove AS from Somalia.

^Not only NFD seceding but having another Somali country in the Horn that could shift trade and influence,

looooool@Zack n Kenya....Kenya is the good enemy dee.

Abtigiis   

The Zack,

Ok. Hadaad iga diiday, we shall see. Few more sunrises and it will all become clear whether talks have started or not. As much as I know, the negotation team isn't yet formed. Markaa ku noqodo dadka xogtaa ku siiyey. What I am telling you is not a hearsay, it is from the horse's mouth if you know what I mean.

Che,

The Kenyans are asked by Ethiopia. A formal letter to Kibaki arrived and they couldn't refuse. Now, they are trying to include the Brits and others.

Jachper,

By our best estimates, any self-determination (referndum) will take place minimum after 10 years. By then we hope the Somalia situation will be clearer. Self-determination isn't all about joining Somalia (my wish) or setting up a new republic. The people can even choose to be with Ethiopia if such a union is rewarding. The last outcome is very unlikely though.

What matters is for even one day in our lives, we live like a free people. So far we live like ccupied people, who have no voice, no vote, no right in their our lands. I mean in the middle of Dhagaxbur, I want to say something and I have to look around if any xabshi or xabashi informer is next to me!!! That cannot continue! No more Colonel Tesfaye said this, or Ato Alemu said that. It has to be xaaji Ahmed doesn't like this, or Mustafa thinks we should sleep.

Duufaan   

yuo guys do not get it. One's in gaalkacayo two tribes disputed a camel and they start negotiating for right owner of camel. after 30 days of negotiating the camel died. so they are wierd and extreme good negotiaters. the ethiopian may get tried and give up something big

I gotchu Abtigiis.

I highly doubt Woyanes would agree to secession unless they want to break Ethiopia for good which was their stated goal to begin with when they were rebel movement. Ethiopia is cash cow for them and they will rule as long as possible.

STOIC   

I don't think Kenya will benefit anything other than supporting a strong community in their government. By virtue of what AT&T has put forward it seems a bit confusing what the original goal of the ONLF was and it seems that everything is in its embryonic stage.I don't know what is far more important than the recognition of the self-rule of the O-people, but if they choose to negotiate what they deem will bring a future referundum then I think we can all hope the best for them.My most dreadful despair is Ethiopia plays a hardball game after ten years down the road and then everyone is back to square one.

Abtigiis   

Two weeks ago, I met a senior diplamt in the Ethiopian Embassy here. His is tigre. Was my dormitory-mate for four years. So, naturally, the day we met we both were really excited. Went for dinner and I said nothing about the politics, not wanting to give away any hints. Lool, his assumption, he talked about the Amhara oppistion, Dr, Birhanu Nega, and finally asked me to buy the bond for the Nile (Abay) Dam the EPRDF is about to build. I have to confess I bought the bond for 500 USD out of our long-time friendship. I, however, could not ask him to get me a new passport (I lost the old one). :D :D

Lool, he is excited he found me and is calling endless embassy people saying he is going to introduce a 'dear' friend. I told him I don't like to go to the embassy because I work in Somalia and I wouldn't like to be a target for Alshabab (because if I am seen there, i will be taken as your spy). :D :D That saved me. But then, we talked about the instability in east africa and i said it is Ethiopia and Eritrea (Meles and Isais) rivarly that is the cause. I tentatively asked him why don't you negotiate with the ONLF? He said "because they don't want".

Yesteray morning he called me shouting and said "did you watch the programme about the Oga.den region on the Ethiopian TV last night". I don't watch ETV, so I said no.

"How can they do this? They are useless. They are shooting themselves. The journalist must be fired. They showed lots of children who were admitted to a new boarding school in the region, and the journalist said that these are some of the 5000 children whose parents were killed by the ONLF. What do they give credit to the ONLF? Why do they make them look big?"

Waxaan yeelaan garan waayey. So, I took him to another direction. "I watched the Aqal-dama series." Let us talk about that. The Aqal-dama (land of blood) is a recent government propaganda against Ginbot 7, OLF and ONLF. :D

Jacpher   

AT: I am glad you're saying the right words sxb but you do realize neither Kenya nor Ethiopia wants to hear those words; referendum and self-determination for the Somalis living under their rule? It sounds too good to be true but let's hope the near future is bright.

Duufaan;768494 wrote:
yuo guys do not get it. One's in gaalkacayo two tribes disputed a camel and they start negotiating for right owner of camel. after 30 days of negotiating the camel died. so they are wierd and extreme good negotiaters. the ethiopian may get tried and give up something big

LOL. Your strategy is wear em out til death? Never knew death by natural was an option to overpower your opponent.