Sign in to follow this  
sugar_man

somalis in uk more depressed then somalis in canada

Before i share my thoughts on this remember this is only result of my findings and is not true in every case. well i just came back from Canada to visit my cousins and i couldn’t help notice the tight and close knit community sprit their and something is always going on like everyday you had something to do which was productive and they had many community centres for Somalis so they could go in and socialize with other Somalis but over here most Somalis are isolated and don’t have much community sprit everyone just does their own thing which their is nothing wrong with that but you could get so much more with being around your own people helping ext i think this also leads to depression in some people i can honestly say every Somali i met in Canada was completely different to the ones living here its not only me saying this when my cousins come over they always comment how Somalis in uk are isolated from each other and don’t have community centres and their is no sense of community sprit i even thought of moving their so id like to hear if any of you can relate to what i have said.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The Zack   

^Have you been to Toronto? 30% of the people are muted and depressed and yes that statistics is based on my own study as well.

The Zack;738156 wrote:
^Have you been to Toronto? 30% of the people are muted and depressed and yes that statistics is based on my own study as well.

well even if thats true they still better then uk

Aaliyyah   

Sugar_Man lol I haven't been to the UK, but I thought people in the UK were more somali than us and more somalinized (if that's even a word)..But, either way if you choose to move here you are more than welcome..laakin xafadaha somalidu ku badantahay faaido ma leh ka fogow (oh wait that was the very reason why u were moving here lol never mind bal ka war doon lol)

Zack waryaa bal is jir..ma rabo tulada yar aa dagantahay in aan wax ka shegee LOL..

salaam

Aaliyyah   

^His nickname is Alderman, not Elderman..You need glasses A_khadar kidding ..

anyways somalidu way iska ficantahay ila xad in lala joogo xoga aad loogu darsamin. You need to have your balance..kolay hadad caruur haysatid you are better off raising them in a place with not that many somalis...kolay that is my opinion

And, I am not saying make your kids white washed...bar dhaqankooda dintoda laakin somalidu meshay ku abdantahay usually caruurtu way wareerta ..and they all seem to take after the ghetto culture (ciyaalsuuq attitude yacni) lol..sorry folks lemme steer clear of saying black culture. Or, I will get in trouble like last time..

salam

Nina Fox   

Uk depresses ya, period. Canadians are a more out-going, happier breed. They are friendlier and have a sense of community like sugar-man said. People are isolated in the UK because they dragged the qabiil system and congregate accordingly. Their restaurants and mosques are segregated. Every week there is a meeting of "Qabiil hebel" happening somewhere and its splashed all over the somali websites as if thats newsworthy. Sense of Somaliness is dead.

Once you put your foot on Canadian soil, you'll forget your own tribe because their attitude towards life is different. You get the odd tribalists but general public are kind and welcome you with open hearts.

Belgium, Italy and Germany are friendly/openminded too. "Yaa tahay" syndrome only exists in the UK. Dont know why? I reckon the problem lies in the overflow of population and because of that people stick to their own kind. Yaab badanaa!!!

A_Khadar   

Aaliyyah;738356 wrote:
^His nickname is Alderman, not Elderman..You need glasses A_khadar kidding ..

:D:D:D Alliya don't blame me blame the Gaajo and Zambusa I had last night for afur..lol..

Nina Fox;738359 wrote:

Once you put your foot on Canadian soil, you'll forget your own tribe because their attitude towards life is different. You get the odd tribalists but general public are kind and welcome you with open hearts.

True! In my 20+ years here, I was asked my tribe only a handful of times...and if it was a peer asking me, I responded with "I'm from the tribe of STFU".:P

Aaliyyah   

^agreed. No one ever asks my tribe, and neither do I ask...and the old ladies who come to my house already know my family's tribe and it's given!..

so are u folks saying ppl in the uk would explicitly ask you ..whats your qabiil? hmm! that takes a lot of guts lol

salaam

its a proven fact that Somalis are tribal segregated in the uk and hence this is why depressions are high. if there was more integration then i think settlement patterns will not only be more like Canada but also somaliness levels will deplete. god bless tribal enclaves. it works.