Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Suxuur Spot

wyre   

Caawa waxaan ku saxuuranaaya soor iyo caano yaa ila aamaa lolz

Anyway Ramadaan kariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim

-Lily-   

FB, I only tried the desert, can’t comment on the food.

I have run out of inspiration for afur or for food all together even looking at it is blah...I think it might taste better if someone else prepared it for me for once.

I know what you mean, Lily. A light sandwich or slice of pizza is enough for afur/dinner these days and maybe a glass of milk at suhuur. Can't be bothered with cooking or eating, good thing we've only got less than a week to go, I'A.

Malika   

^ Share your sentiment, cant bother to cook today - iska baa daa to eat [thats not true, love to eat]..but honestly, no energy to cook!

Malika   

^I am a food snob - only eats fresh food :[...your right, better go find something to just chuck in the oven.

You've still got the African residue left in you. Fresh foods are a luxury for lazy cooks like me. (Although I have been trying to eat healthily for a while, you just can't beat Cod and Chips on THOSE days).

A_Khadar   

Millika, try one of the mosques if they serve afur, I had afur yesterday @ mosque my area and it wasn't bad at all.. Alle khayr ka siiyo intii samaysaye...

Malika   

^lol - true, if I could have gone to the market everyday waan tagi laha..lol. Honestly, cant eat froozen food or food that has been in the fridge more than a day. I just cant. There must be a fresh aroma from my food..lol

^ That's kibir abaayo. Come to my house and I'll feed you some frozen food you'll just love! (It's all in the spices. :D)

Khadar, in my city most of the Muslims (including families) break fast at the masjid. It's cultural (Turkish community mainly). I prefer to eat in my own house but I'm thinking of visiting the mosque the last day of Ramadan insha'Allah to see what it's like.

nuune   

^^ There is no afur in the last day of Ramadan, hows that even possible, ee lugooyo ha ka soo qaadin masjidka

A_Khadar   

^^ I think that is common even now days somalis take their food esp males to the mosques and share however the mosque I went to yesterday has its own chitchen and volunteers. They cook a complete afur and suber every day..Costs were donated by masjid members.. It was nice and many people eat @masjid every day..

Try on the 27th night!