Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Suxuur Spot

Aaliyyah   

lol@ curatay? I thought that means when someone has their first child :D mise suxuratay ula jeeday oo somaliga ba ka lumay hehe Never mind c and x are like beside each other on the keyboard so lets hope it was a typo..but even then "u sii xuuratay" is not the right way to spell it ..it would be "horaad usii suxuuratay." man I should be a somali teacher one of these days LOL

yeah I ate before I slept, not that hungry now!

A_Khadar   

^^ Alliya your Somali is so caato if you don't know Cuuratay.. Not curatay.. Cuurasho = iska sii buuxisay, kasii dhergtay sii dhamaysay.. Allow aadan macanlin af somali ii noqon..

Aaliyyah   

lol@ allow aad macalin somali ii noqon - Now that hurts.i CAN MAKE a wonderful somali teacher..

cuuratayna waligay ma maqal talow ma xaga iyo buhodle ba lagaga hadla :P..

salaam

A_Khadar   

taleexi;739808 wrote:
khadar - aliyah waa say wallaahi ee u deji oo gabadha afka hooyo si haboon ugu sheeg.

"say walaahi" :D:d:d

Aaliyyah   

lol say walahi anu kuma jiro meel baad igaga dhacday..odayashina ila dhacsadayna isku lod ma nihin - marka next time before I correct your somali bal waan ka fiirsan..

BTW I guess I am in a league of my own LOL..

salaam

Nina Fox   

All these saliid based food are getting to me so today I opted for a healthier option. A greek salad for afur with French Bagguette, and Pitta Bread with Palak Paneer (Spinach and Indian Cheese) for dinner around 11ish.

I skipped the saxuur although its said it is Sunnah to eat or drink something so I had a cup of coffee and barafi-fied water.

Tastes delicious! Don't be distracted by the cake-part, it's a savoury dish.

Basically you mix any type of cooked fish you like (flaky fish, I like Salmon or even tuna) with mashed potatoes, an egg, and spices and salt, then you shape them into round patties (as many as you like) and dust them with flour, then you fry them until golden brown and crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Voila.

fishcakes_1915_16x9.jpg