Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

Somalilander or Not a Somalilander?

A_Khadar;720974 wrote:
Zack, you may argue some of Awdal community may vote Yes/No, but SSCers, 100% is NO even the employees from SSC in Hargayse when it comes to reality, they will bail out. There was only one man from ssc that believed this succession sincerely, and he was Fagadhe AUN. The rest are, likes of Xaabsade, there for their own gains.. Having the alternative, none will remain in s/l lot.

You seriously think LA is occupied by force with no local support? Why are you giving SL this much credit?

Saalax   

The Zack;720978 wrote:
How is that a silly question? Aint it three states vs three states? Who did the survey? Source?

Well one has to keep in mind the **** do not have a region only exclusive to them in Somaliland. Both Sanaag & Sool are shared regions and they are not very populated compared to Burco & Hargeysa regions.

Source is

A General Survey of the Somaliland Protectorate: 1944 - 1950 by John A. Hunt, prepared as the final report on An Economic Survey and Reconnaissance of the British Somaliland Protectorate 1944-1950

The Zack   

Saalax;720980 wrote:
Well one has to keep in mind the "****" do not have a region only exclusive to them in Somaliland. Both Sanaag & Sool are shared regions and they are not very populated compared to Burco & Hargeysa regions.

Source is

A General Survey of the Somaliland Protectorate: 1944 - 1950 by John A. Hunt, prepared as the final report on An Economic Survey and Reconnaissance of the British Somaliland Protectorate 1944-1950

Thanks for providing the source. the 1944-50 survey can't be used for today's counts sxb. Point heard as far as **** not having their own state.

Saalax   

The Zack , Hargeysa & Burco regions still remain as the highest populated regions in Sland. So nothing much changed other than more population growth and twenty years of peace and having more**** kids lol.

A_Khadar   

AfricaOwn;720962 wrote:
And dude above me goes to say..Awdal will vote "No" . Far-removed from reality. You're not even british-somali, so I'm puzzled why you're like that.

I am not what? Of course I am not british-somali nor somalilander<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com</ST1:p...

For the Awdal, I am certain if one takes unbiase and free referendum from Awal, fast majority will say NO to the succession.

It isn’t a dubious if other clans are unionist or not, but let us more focus on if there are elements within the **** clan who may lean towards the union.. I am already seeing split within the **** clan, actually not a new split but more shifting and position switch. You can tell how everything is all about clan even within the**** clan. Example, here where I live, they held two different parties for the May 18th based on clan lines in the same night, same city, and few blocks away from each other. Plus, before Siiraanyo, Hargaysa/Gebiley clan was more landers than Burcawis, now it's the visa versa. Another example is finally Burco accepted s/l currency just after Siiranyo sat on the seat, so why not for 20 years? You tell me guys. Isn’t this all about clan, clan..

I Welcome this ,, the referendum for British Somaliland only i am sure more then 80% will vote for an independent Somaliland. salax For an UN recognized Referendum u only need 60% to vote for yes independence and it's done.

A_Khadar   

AfricaOwn;720979 wrote:
You seriously think LA is occupied by force with no local support? Why are you giving SL this much credit?

I never deny the facts. Of course to some degree, there are few men like Ina cambaashe, Xaabsade and few others with their militia who got hand from your militia to occupy the city of LA but majority of the population don't support s/lander. I am certain if this internal conflict with the clans of LA is resolved, the city will be back to its people and free from s/land.

bilan   

Hmmm, I do not think you will get unbiased opinion on this question. But it will all come down to clan, majority of the **** will vote for secession and non **** will vote for union, at the end, Sool will choose to remain with Somalia, half of Sanaag will remain with Somalia, I believe Awdal will also choose to be with Somaliweyn rather than be bossed around by certain clan, especially if Somalia opt for federation, Awdal will be its own sate. So you will have two countries one country for **** only and then Somalia. So people who are saying it will be landslide for secession are basing their opinion on their clan and what they saw in their cities/villages.

A_Khadar   

Saalax;720980 wrote:
Well one has to keep in mind the*** do not have a region only exclusive to them in Somaliland. Both Sanaag & Sool are shared regions and they are not very populated compared to Burco & Hargeysa regions.

Source is

Well one has to keep in mind the ***do not have a region only exclusive to them in Somaliland.

;) And who has exclusive region? Tell us who?

Source is

What does this source say?

A_Khadar;720990 wrote:
I never deny the facts. Of course to some degree, there are few men like Ina cambaashe, Xaabsade and few others with their militia who got hand from your militia to occupy the city of LA but majority of the population don't support s/lander. I am certain if this internal conflict with the clans of LA is resolved, the city will be back to its people and free from s/land.

in this same thread you went from 100% show no support to SL to now majority show no support to SL.

Are xaabsade sub-clan the militias?

Aaliyyah   

Zack I dont really care one way or the other. As long as they leave SSC regions alone

Haday goaan mid aan daneenayo ma aha kolay...

salaam

a Khadar you are misscalculating the Awdalians will majority vote for an independent Somaliland in an independent Somaliland Politically they will have a good representation in Somaliland , in the days when the Somali republic was the Somali republic they had one Minister in the whole government and in the late years of the Siyad Govt the awdal Gobol was created . Now they have two Gobol awdal and selel and rayaale created selel and it was approved by the parliament they have Equal share in the Govt. In the Former Somali Govt they had only 4 MPS, in Somaliland they have 25 mps both Guurti and Parliament. it's All about interest they can't afford to be insignificant in Somalia. in Djibouti after the Canfar they are the largest Community there and they only have one Minister Like the The'Bani hashim clans inDjibouti. So Somaliland is in their interest the majority of their people know that so they will vote for independence over 80%

A_Khadar   

bilan;720993 wrote:
Hmmm, I do not think you will get unbiased opinion on this question. But it will all come down to clan, majority of the I will vote for secession and non I will vote for union, at the end, Sool will choose to remain with Somalia, half of Sanaag will remain with Somalia, I believe Awdal will also choose to be with Somaliweyn rather than be bossed around by certain clan, especially if Somalia opt for federation, Awdal will be its own sate. So you will have two countries one country for I only and then Somalia. So people who are saying it will be landslide for secession are basing their opinion on their clan and what they saw in their cities/villages.

Bilan, you forget that southeastern of Togdheer, Buhodle district will also be for the union.. Plus don't say half of Sanag, Majority of Sanaga is dwell by Makhiri..