Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

Somalilander or Not a Somalilander?

The Zack   

Ibti, thanks for your input from back home. Is it fair to say that you are basing your thought on what you have seen in the cities you have visited? Could the situation be far different in the other states, I.e. sool and sanaag?

North, good points.

NGONGE, what are u saying and why?

Nuune, the floor is open for waxgaradka uun including yourself. You should have read the disclosure in my first post (no ciyaal, but the floor is open yes). Give your input old man.

Che, don't to be too conservative like NGONGE, give us unbiased response.

N.O.R.F   

My last post was for Cheh

Thierry,

Usheeg saxib. There needs to be more than just the usual stuff from pro unionists. Things need to change on the ground for things to change politically.

Ibtisam   

North I agree with Ngonge, I dont think it will make much of a difference because it will take too long for it to proof itself as a viable option, most people will be nervous that it will fall apart and will not jump on the Somalia boat till there has been at least 3-4years of peace and prosperity. You cannot swab 20years so easily without clear stable viable BETTER option.

The Zack, I have been travelling the rural area for 6weeks, only got to the cities 10days ago, It might be bias because I arrived at the fever SL time, so supporters more obvious etc, however even in the rural areas and towns I saw the same thing. Which means even IF there are (and I'm sure there are) people who oppose Somaliland, in a vote they would be statistically too insignificant to swing the vote and hence it would still be pro Somaliland outcome.

The Zack;720910 wrote:
Ibti, thanks for your input from back home. Is it fair to say that you are basing your thought on what you have seen in the cities you have visited? Could the situation be far different in the other states, I.e. sool and sanaag?

e.

That's the premise of his question. I think he knows that the other regions are a landslide. Zack, can you answer your own question? What would the outcome be in Sanaag and Sool?

The Zack   

^I would think that it would be a tough call. Obviously, majority of the I clan in Hargeisa, berbera would vote for kala go'a. Burco, I think, would vote for unity. Sool will fully vote for unity while Sanaag would be divided. I am not totally sure about what Awdal would do. Any thoughts?

A_Khadar   

The Zack, I have been travelling the rural area for 6weeks, only got to the cities 10days ago, It might be bias because I arrived at the fever SL time, so supporters more obvious etc, however even in the rural areas and towns I saw the same thing. Which means even IF there are (and I'm sure there are) people who oppose Somaliland,
in a vote they would be statistically too insignificant to swing the vote
and hence it would still be pro Somaliland outcome.

Ibti, You are talking about cities and rural that **** clan live so I assume your conclusion of those who oppose S/L statistically too insignificant must be that of same clan?

Zack, This is merely clan based. Fast majority of **** clan will go for it and the rest including Awdal, will say NO.. So it's a totally different arguement if landers here are saying that they are 60%,70% or more of the population of the x-British s/land which I am sure many will say "We are 80%"..

Apparently Burco is up for grabs :). How do you figure Zach? You guys are unbelievable. And dude above me goes to say..Awdal will vote "No" . Far-removed from reality. You're not even british-somali, so I'm puzzled why you're like that.

You guys are only lying to yourself. Come down from the La-La where you see things going down like the way you vision. Know what your weaknesses are. Go home and read the 48 powers of Law Zach :)

The Zack   

A_Khadar, to some point, clan will play good role but I do believe that some SSCers would vote for go'taanka and some I's would for unity.

Burco, for example, is empathic to the union.

Saalax   

I doubt some *** want reunion with the chaos ridden Somalia other than of course those few self interest individuals in mogadishu with no support from the natives such as "Mohammed Omar" & "Buuba"

A_Khadar   

Zack, you may argue some of Awdal community may vote Yes/No, but SSCers, 100% is NO even the employees from SSC in Hargayse when it comes to reality, they will bail out. There was only one man from ssc that believed this succession sincerely, and he was Fagadhe AUN. The rest are, likes of Xaabsade, there for their own gains.. Having the alternative, none will remain in s/l lot.

The Zack   

let's say we go by Akhadar's and Saalax's logic. All **** vote for go'itaan and all **** and non **** vote for the union. Who would be the majority?

Saalax   

Inside Somaliland? silly question no offence lol. The last population survey in British Somaliland the SNM block made up atleast 65% if not 70% -75% today in present day. I have confidence if a referendrum happens majority of "I" and a significant number of awdalians will vote for in favour of seccesion.