Sign in to follow this  
Ismahaan

A great Restaurant for all -nomads

Jacpher   

Wah! Canjeelo waa quraac, malawax waa casho dee.

Malawax is better dee. Ukun, sonkor, caano iyo waxoogaa bur ah weeye. Canjeelo waa bur khaliya, yahhuu ha na cunin dheh.

The Zack   

Jacpher;718240 wrote:

:D :D

I thought inaad ku quraacato Kalluun, oo ku qadeyso Kalluun, oo ku casheyso kalluun.

Ok Waan fahmay eegga.

Jacpher   

Aabe Siyaad baa dadka naga baray oo yiri cunna waa shey macaanee cunna.

Maya anigu caanihiisaa kabkabadaa subixii iyo habeenkii. Best nutrition, hush dheh yaan lagu maqal.

Aaliyyah   

Zack the link I gave you does show the difference between laxoox and malawax and she even wrote the ingredients there..so why r u still asking lol..

I agree with jacphar reer waqooyigu way u badanyihiin in ay sameestaan kimis ama sabayad..reer konfurku waxay sameestaan muufo instead...(in fact one of my aunts makes it often I dnt kno thou hw she makes it)..

n speaking abt sabayad I actually just made one. It is best when you put your dough in the fridge overnight. I find it easier to spread it..try it ppl!

salaam

Aaliyyah   

Malawax and Canjeero AKA Canjeelo AKA Kimis AKA Loxox

By the way zack Kimis iyo canjeelo cant be used interchangeably..just to clarify that lol...canjeelo laxoox canjeero samething..bt kimis is sabayad! :)..so dnt mix it :P

Jacphar I just saw ur comment abt sabayad being hard like a rock..ya sabayada ku sameeya? it shouldnt be rock lol..but yeah compare to canjeelo or malawax its harder..so its juz relatively.

The Zack   

I checked the site u posted but left it when I saw that they spelled malawax as malawah lol. If you can't spell it you probably can't make it right baan is idhi... Let me check it back bal.

Aaliyyah   

lol she spelled it in English. Btw she is a convert and married to a somali man. Amazing woman she is infact a member of this site!..I have learn a lot from her...and hopefully u folks can benefit of her as well.

Is not only Zack, this is the most annoying thing about galbeters. They mix everything up, Malawax to them is what some of us call Sabayad/Kimis. I had one galbeter researching the arabic etymology of the word malawax just to tell me its root meaning in arabic or at least the yemeni version is kneading and you don't knead what we call sabayad lol

Malika   

Jacpher;718240 wrote:

Malawax is better dee. Ukun, sonkor, caano iyo waxoogaa bur ah weeye. Canjeelo waa bur khaliya, yahhuu ha na cunin dheh.

:D:D - who decided that? ..Canjeelo can even be eaten during lunch with soup ama suqaar.. Canjeelo is only delicious when its hot and drizzling with subagh iyo sonkor..yummy!

Hello mpendwa…I think me and you should visit & review this joint.

p.s malawax is quraac in my books, while canjeelo is an opportunistic addition across the meals.

Malika   

^Lol - kimis mayai is what we sijuis call pancake..yeah, malawax is pancake.

Mac Mac @ CL, long time mpendwa - oh is the joint local to us? thought it was in north america..lol