Sign in to follow this  
Ismahaan

A great Restaurant for all -nomads

Ismahaan   

Salams all nomads!

I've been to this restaurant a few times now and I've got to say it's the best somali restaurant I've been to. The food is lovely, the service is great and they also serve luqmad (oodkac) and camel milk. Quite a challenge when designing logos but omg they've choosen SOL logo (the camel). The owner of this restaurant must be LST. If not waa sheeko dheer. Bal ila yar daawada!!!!!!

Aaliyyah   

mashallah the food def. without a doubt looks delicious. Will check it out if im there..did u say camel milk? where you think they get that thou lol...back home?!..just curious!..

and man I need to learn how to cook that pretty lol =)

Ismahan btw do you know what that song is called? ..I would appreciate if you can tell me :)

Ismahaan   

The zak raga soomaalida cunto jacaayl mana sameeysan yaqanaan!! Hada sabayad baa i ag taal ma kuu soo passa!:D

Ps: the place is not tiny i've been there!

Ismahaan   

Aaliyyah;718221 wrote:
mashallah the food def. without a doubt looks delicious. Will check it out if im there..did u say camel milk? where you think they get that thou lol...back home?!..just curious!..

Salams! I've no clue sweetie but the camel milk taste was very good. First time I've ever tasted camel milk tho.:) Ps: the song is called nimco by osman qays.

Aaliyyah   

Thanks hun I will look up that song what can I SAY I love somali songs lol... Anyhow, LOVED the way they displayed the different type of food....too pretty for words. I wish them much success.

Ismahaan   

You're welcome hun , just search his name (osman qays) on Youtube and you will find all his songs include this one!!

The Zack   

Ismahaan;718222 wrote:
The zak raga soomaalida cunto jacaayl mana sameeysan yaqanaan!! Hada sabayad baa i ag taal ma kuu soo passa!
:D

Ps: the place is not tiny i've been there!

Did you just call Somali men fat? Aggah! Haa soo baas sabaayadda : ). Speaking of Sabaayad, can someone tell me the difference between Sabaayad and Malawax.

Makhaayaddan waan tegi doonaa markaan Landhan tago insha'allah this summer/fall, I will tell them that a girl by the name SOL.Ismahan told me about it :D.

Aaliyyah   

lol maka dhab baa u dnt know the difference between malawax and sabayad? lol I woulnt mind if u said whats the difference between canjeelo iyo malawax since they differ in how you mix them and that they resemble greatly...laakin sabayad iyo malawax? ma yagaba isku dhow lool..sabayad wa kimis dee..wax kalo dhaha garan maaye bal sug aan sawir melaha kasoo raadiyee ..

Ismahan u said rag cunta ma sameesan yaqaniin wayna jecelyihiin? taasi wa run ilaa xad..laakin aqon laan kama aha they are just lazy..eeg all those restaurants are mainly runned by men and they cook so delicious and pretty! I say wa isku haleen uun..they can cook better than us if they choose to ofcourse.

Ismahaan   

The zack ha i qarxin hee cidana qarax u nacee!!:confused: Malawax is traditional somali pancake , Sabayad or Kimis is a type of flatbread. London markaa timaadi insha Allah caano geel u sii diyaariya dhahayaa ee ii soo sheeg!!:)

Ismahaan   

Alliyah beenta ma aha waa is yeel yeel waxaays dhan hada ma u maleeynee in zack kaseen malawax and sabaayad waxaay kala yihiin. Ask him how many years uu cunayey sabaayad and malawax.:D

The Zack   

Hold on, hold on young ladies. I meant to ask the difference between Malawax and Canjeero AKA Canjeelo AKA Kimis AKA Loxox. Yacni does the mawalax have sugar and other stuff added to it. It is just different.

Thanks both for the pictures and responses on the prev question.

P.s. Ragga qaar like their food cooked and served by women :D.. I am just saying.

P.s.s. Ismahan, gurigaaga maa iga siinee caano geeel? How nice!

Jacpher   

^Wuxuu nin walwalaaqay maba iga dagi.

Easy. Sabaayad is as thick as a rock while malawax comes in as wet, wild and tasty as........well, let's not ruin the moment. Me crazy about malawax.

I think sabaayad reer waqooyigaa u badan.