Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somalia: British Delegation visited Garowe, meet SSC elders..pics

Hmmm...

I am a bit surprised by the reactions and comments in here. Indeed President Faroole has been vindicated if GD is ready to throw out the remaining SSC supporters of Puntland as a state. After all, it wasn't that long ago that Faroole was doing the same thing to his Xildhibaano.

On topic, I think it is wrong to disrespect any elder and if there was a demonstration, it couldn't have been a large one or one agreed on by reer Buuhoodle oo dhan. Culturally, even when there is khilaaf, Isimada waa laga xishoon jirey. After all, it is their place and only their place to mediate between dadweynaha and whatever the motives of the visit were, they should have all been welcomed warmly. Unfortunately we now live in a world where our elders have lost some of their integrity and impartiality and there's constant suspicion of political intrigue and corruption. So, even though it isn't right to demonstrate against traditional elders, the people do have a right to protest and I would only view this as further evidence that our elders should do a better job and PROVE to the people that they are true and genuine in their regard.

As for Puntland, this is an issue that hasn't been decided on one way or the other by the SSC population. Certainly, there are many grievances against the current administration but these have been put on the back-burner whilst the conflict with Somaliland is under way. It seems though that a clarification needs to be made that Puntland is an elected governing body and does not represent a singular sub-clan. If the political and governing leadership is failing, it deserves to be criticised and opposed, and rejection of Puntland as a government isn't akin to rejection of a particular clan. It only indicates that there is a serious problem within the administration that needs a serious solution. In most other governments, losing confidence in a leader leads to the impeachment of that leader and the election of a replacement. Granted the familiar Somali response and the leverage we usually opt for is to take ourselves out of the equation and build our own thing, however, I believe that whatever merited the creation of Puntland surely still exists, regardless of how gormless the current leader might be?

One thing is for sure, these are challenging times for the SSC population and this is a decision they will have to reach for themselves. But regardless of what the political reality of Puntland/SSC might be, I doubt the relationship of the people will ever change. Waayo dadku waa walaalo xidhiidh adag leh, oo isu gurmada oo is caawiya, siyaasadina taa ma bedeleyso.

So, GD, you need not take this so personally my dear.

Taleexi   

War bal A_Khadarow ii kaadi anigaa productive sheekada ka dhigaya'e. GD iyo Bilan mashxaradeedaba waan ku fillahay. Disclaimer; I personally don't want to see the further scramble of Somali State into mini sub sub clan states by the day.

To Bilan: inaadeer bal dhegaha fur oo i maqal koleyba Soomaaliyad baad tahay oo hadalkayga intaad rabto uun baa ku gelaysa'e..... Fortunately, I was raised in a household where opposing views were the order of the day.... For instance my brother died under the command of Sheikh Aways while another brother is serving in the American army in Baghdad, Ayan Ali Hersi my first cousin left the religion all together and my uncle (first uncle) happen to be the VP of PL. I believe he is a leader who can to be blamed, criticized and discredited. It has not been my tradition and never will it be that I defend someone because I am biologically related to rather being ideologically aligned. And, to be honest I'm very disappointed with his performance insofar the liberation of territories lost to the secessionist is concerned. This current admin. didn't deliver anything tangible to the populace be security, economic development and confidence building among stakeholders (clans). The exponential growth of piracy, organized crime, arbitrary killings, widening rift among clans and many more are the hallmarks of current PL state. This needs to be changed if PL has any desire of being viable regional admin. Recall President Farole labeled SSC freedom fighters terrorists! what kind of leader is that?

In addition, let me put the record straight and say that I believe Xaabsade, Baashe and others with the Hargeisa admin are worst humans there can be because they are slaves who don't know they are slaves. No much more to say about them.

On the surface, one may think that I'm forcing SSC to remain a part of PL but I'm not. However, I'm a pragmatist who is telling to my kin that our leaders of SSC admin (the 2 garaads and Xaglatoosiye) do they have D-block mandate as a whole? all I'm calling for is a clear agenda on the side of the D-block. You can not tell me I am not part of PL while 90% of your Garads say otherwise. I am not someone who gives that much loyalty and weight to the Garads but somewhat they matter in Somali traditions. If SSC wants to secede from PL. It has to be official. A short of it will always cause a cycle of endless arguments.

To General Duke, *************EDITED****************

Val. I appreciate your comments sis. Nothing personal in this nor am I a die hard supporter of Faroole or Suldan Garrase. However what makes me annoyed is the complete utter disrespect by segments of the SSC community and the constant blame game they employ with regards to specific clans and personalities within Puntland.

The SSC community needs to do some soul searching and to make a decision on what they want to do, and who their real leaders are.

My point is simple, its time to stop the double talk and the cynical games. No one is forcing anyone to be part of Puntland, the SSC community has to take a stand once and for all. I for one would prefer giving Xagla, Ali Khalif and Garad Jama the benefit of the doubt and letting the community line up with them.

What’s the need for all this constant friction for?

My response to Talexi will be simple, adeer grow some balls for the secessionist, who occupy your villages and humiliate your leadership there is nothing you can do to me or the sub clan you keep mentioning.

Also don’t mistake the respect and deference I have shown the SSC sub clan as a weakness, for your pathetic clownishness is now coming to fore.

Adeer as I have made it clear if you don’t want to be part of Puntland and have an admin called SSC and a Preisdent called Xaglatosiye, then why are you crying and scrounging in Garowe? Also don’t claim the Nugaal, that wont save you no face nor give you credit, Mr Secessionist kiss ***.

Again grow some balls adeer, Puntland and the NE clans want nothing from these lands, and were defending it out of respect for kinship. However if those being defended are now spitting as you are, then what’s the point?

None

All I'm saying is you need to inform poor Dukey that you hold the successionist in a higher position then you will ever a Pirate, that particular Pirate being a Garad makes no difference. The truth is the Pirates dont know you as well as we do.

ElPunto   

Interesting thread :D

There is hierarchy of things here. The first thing is for SSC to be united - really. Here some will jump in and say the majority are anti-Somaliland and secession. But when your capital is held by a minority that supports secession - you have a serious problem. There wouldn't be any of these invasions and killings if the clan had a coherent leadership and agenda. As for the Puntland admin - it has failed to support its constituents as it should though I do feel for them. Whom do you listen to and how do you help folks when you're getting denounced at the same time? Ultimately Puntland has to move to an accountable government elected by voters not this corrupt system of bribing elders. But Puntland needs strong stakeholders to acheive that goal and the SSC in disarray is a major impediment.

Leave Duke along - I hear he gave a rather large donation for the Kalshaale fundraising and did not expect this level of disrespect. Kidding :D

Taleexi   

General Duke;707676 wrote:
My response to Talexi will be simple, adeer grow some balls for the secessionist, who occupy your villages and humiliate your leadership there is nothing you can do to me or the sub clan you keep mentioning.

Also don’t mistake the respect and deference I have shown the SSC sub clan as a weakness, for your pathetic clownishness is now coming to fore.

Adeer as I have made it clear if you don’t want to be part of Puntland and have an admin called SSC and a Preisdent called Xaglatosiye, then why are you crying and scrounging in Garowe? Also don’t claim the Nugaal, that wont save you no face nor give you credit, Mr Secessionist kiss ***.

Again grow some balls adeer, Puntland and the NE clans want nothing from these lands, and were defending it out of respect for kinship. However if those being defended are now spitting as you are, then what’s the point?

None

Waa hagaag haddii sheekadii caytan tagtay we shall leave it there until our paths cross again because the more we debate the more your arrogance, ignorance iyo hantaatac ifka u soo baxayo.

Taleexi   

Abokor Omar;707677 wrote:
All I'm saying is you need to inform poor Dukey that you hold the successionist in a higher position then you will ever a Pirate, that particular Pirate being a Garad makes no difference. The truth is the Pirates dont know you as well as we do.

Don't be a gatecrasher. This discussion doesn't pertain to you.

Taleexi are you calling your uncle Indho indho a slave shame on you and according to you your Uncle Abdisamad cali shire was a former slave and now a new born sayid now that he is with the pirates.

Taleexi   

Xaaji Xunjuf;707693 wrote:
Taleexi are you calling your uncle Indho indho a slave shame on you

XX-- waad edeb daran tahay :)