Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Xaabsade Responds to Faroole

A_Khadar   

NGONGE wrote:

Here, walk with me a little and let me show you the scene as things stand and do me a favour please, if you see GT losing interest and trying to look at flying bees or other nonsense, try to bring him back to us, saaxib.

First let us do the simple stuff and set out the parts we agree on.

1- Most SL soldiers come from the main SL clan.

2- The SSC does not want to be part of SL (I would say that's a temporary situation but since we are only talking about things we agree on, I shall let that drop in this part).

3- There was a fight over water in Kaashale.

4- Xaabsade and others are taking the SL part in this.

I would be surprised if you are not in agreement with me thus far (though you probably pulled a face at the mention of Xaabsade).

NG, You were great man before Siilanyo came on to power and then you dove into this clan stuff, and I am sorry if I disappointed you on this. However, to begin with I am not even an agreement with the above list with you. <O:p</O:p

Let us make sure if the terms you use and those I use have the same meaning for us.

You: SL is an existing nation/country ruled by Silnayo

Me: SL is a clan want to be a nation and its borders based on the colonial division and want to force this dream to other clans happened to dwell that same area colonized by the same colonizer .

You: SSC means to you Nabadiid, jabahad etc

<O:p</O:pME: SSC people of same kin live parts or all of in these regions Sool, Sanaga, Cayn.

The rest of your reasoning and justification of whether S/L army has THE right to be there to begin with or not, whether Silnayo isn't playing clan card or not, it's all obvious.

<O:p</O:p

However, I need you to clarify one thing publicly and don't excuse or elaborate for nothing, but straight to the answer.

Do you believe your clan militia ( you call them "Cidamada Qaran") have the right to be in Kalshale/Buhodle when its people publicly and privately oppose to?<O:p</O:p

NGONGE   

^^ It was not the coming of Siilanyo, saaxib. If you were paying attention, I picked up the SL flag when Laas Caanood came back. I believe there is real hope that you and I can wave the same flag (I don't believe Duke can). Again, if you paid any attention you would have seen that I have never called the SSC 'nabadiids' or any such names (confused, YES but never anything insulting). As for SL being a country, I have to disagree with you there and say that it is (like I told GT, I tell things as they are not as you precieve them; SL has the one clan that you mention but it also has "representatives" from your clan and also includes the whole of Awdal, etc. Unless and until those others drop out, rebel or deny that fact SL shall remain a country).

As for your question, I would prefer it if the army was not in that area and if the "wooing" took place in the airwaves and by other means instead. I would also prefer it if there were no SSC front. But what I prefer and what is taking place are not the same. We are here right now. The army is placed there and the only time I shall oppose it is if it goes on the attack (unless, of course, it is PL that it attacks). You are central to my SL'nimo, saaxib. Wax fahan.

Sayid, as ever, I do a sterling job. :D

ElPunto;697353 wrote:
Cantrabaqash.com from Ngonge.

1- Clans have degaans - everyone knows where the boundaries are ; even with degaans known - some people may trespass - this happens in Somalia - it is resolved thru the elders - withdrawal, compensation yada yada yada

2- Kalshaale and the other places being fought over are SSC degaans - even with the signed agreement Somaliland forces did not pull out of these places - this precipatated the current fighting

3- When the Somaliland army - and we know as you aptly put it the clan elements thereof - decides to 'close' a colonial border unrecognized by the other clans that reside there - you are necessarily engaging in land grabbing.

4- I can't count the number of times you and others have been told the majority of the SSC folks want nothing to do with Somaliland and its secession agenda ; there seems to be a mental block there; who or what Xaabsade is supporting or says is as irrelevant as the people who came out in 'support' of Mubarak during Egypt's revolution

5- If the Somaliland govt chooses to act on the fantasy of real support in SSC then they will get the same rude awakening as the dictators of the middle east.

Quote of the day(supposed) - anonymous woman in Burco - ama kalshaale aada ama kayshelliga qata

1- You didn't tell me anything new here.

2- Do you really want to claim that SSC were not planning for war regardless of Kalshaale?

3- Land grabbing means taking a land by force from it's original owners. At no point did SL try to do so. It recognises the people in these lands as its people and the land as their land.

4- Keep on counting and stop the nonsense about Mubarak or Arabs. The Somali case is more fluid than that.

5- SL realises that large elements in SSC are not in support of secession but is still in the process of winning them over. No fantasies involved, just good, solid old politics.

The woman in Burco talks in riddles. :D

ElPunto   

^It doesn't matter whether SSC was planning for war or not (though I will grant you that is my opinion too) the fact is occupation of a degaan is appropriate cause for war. And Somaliland clearly is in the wrong here. That is that point.

I can't believe you're arguing about the semantics of land grabbing. Somalia sees the Somali people in Ethiopia as its people and the land as its land. If tomorrow they engaged in a conflict ala Somaliland and tried to occupy the place - Ethiopia and the whole world would see it as land grabbing. And rightly so. Come on!

You can't win people over by invading them - The US tried that in Iraq remember? Riyaale was a more astute politician than Silanyo. He expanded his influence and territory through buying off pliant underlings. While I think that strategy is doomed to failure in the longterm I recognize its success in the short term as in the example of Las Anod.

I keep telling you guys that SSC is not interested in you for your own benefit. Invest in your territory instead of wasting resources geeing up for war.

Liqaye   

"Unless and until those others drop out, rebel or deny that fact SL shall remain a country"....isn't that what is happening?

A_Khadar   

GN,

I am sure you won't agree with me if I say S/L clan has representatives in the TFG therefore they are not a country. I guess you can understand where I am heading with this. So it's not an argument to say few guys here and there we pay their Mirqaan are with us and therefore we are a country and all clans are with us.

To come to terms, we need peace and to get that have your old mad man to take his militias and then call your clan for whatever nation name you desire, no one cares..

NG, we shall talk in few days when things take a different direction. In the meantime, let Siilaanyo and his"mighty" army keep wining the hearts and minds of SSC locals with mortars..:)

Taleexi   

Gheelle.T;697434 wrote:
NG, we shall talk in few days when things take a different direction. In the meantime, let Siilaanyo and his"mighty" army keep wining the hearts and minds of SSC locals with mortars..
:)

Well put. We shall wait and see when that happens.

NGONGE   

ElPunto;697370 wrote:
^It doesn't matter whether SSC was planning for war or not (though I will grant you that is my opinion too) the fact is occupation of a degaan is appropriate cause for war. And Somaliland clearly is in the wrong here. That is that point.

I can't believe you're arguing about the semantics of land grabbing. Somalia sees the Somali people in Ethiopia as its people and the land as its land. If tomorrow they engaged in a conflict ala Somaliland and tried to occupy the place - Ethiopia and the whole world would see it as land grabbing. And rightly so. Come on!

You can't win people over by invading them - The US tried that in Iraq remember? Riyaale was a more astute politician than Silanyo. He expanded his influence and territory through buying off pliant underlings. While I think that strategy is doomed to failure in the longterm I recognize its success in the short term as in the example of Las Anod.

I keep telling you guys that SSC is not interested in you for your own benefit. Invest in your territory instead of wasting resources geeing up for war.

Comparing Somaliland to America (though a compliment) is just crazy, saaxib. Comparing it to Somalis trying to claim land from Xabashis is every crazier. The people in this dispute have many blood links and shared culture, history, etc. What is deemed an invasion today, shall become a historic turning point in the life of the nation (one that includes SSC).

A_Khadar;697378 wrote:
GN,

I am sure you won't agree with me if I say S/L clan has representatives in the TFG therefore they are not a country. I guess you can understand where I am heading with this. So it's not an argument to say few guys here and there we pay their Mirqaan are with us and therefore we are a country and all clans are with us.

To come to terms, we need peace and to get that have your old mad man to take his militias and then call your clan for whatever nation name you desire, no one cares..

I don't agree with comparing the guys in the TFG to those living in their own lands and actually have a say in their own affairs. Are you arguing that Xaabsade ALONE took over LA in 2007 without any help from his followers? Are you saying he is just one man and there are not countless others? Are you trying to tell me that your entire clan are united in this? Adeer dee run sheeg.

Our "crazy old man" is in charge of the state and he will do whatever he thinks is the best for the future of SL. If or when he goes crazy and starts killing people for no reason, I promise to join whatever opposition group that fights him (including SSC but never the Imam's :D).

Liqaye;697375 wrote:
"Unless and until those others drop out, rebel or deny that fact SL shall remain a country"....isn't that what is happening?

No it's not. A slight disagreement with SSC does not mean they fully drop out (not yet anyway).

Gheelle.T;697434 wrote:
NG, we shall talk in few days when things take a different direction. In the meantime, let Siilaanyo and his"mighty" army keep wining the hearts and minds of SSC locals with mortars..
:)

Heh. GT, I'm not sure how you decided to label the army as "mighty" or otherwise. They have not started any fights and we are yet to see if they are mighty or not. However, the next few days will not decide things. I'd say give it a year. Faroole will let SSC down (of that I am sure). The leadership of SSC can only milk the little hit & run attacks for so long but, eventually, they will have to come up with some results that keep the sentimental fires burning or the people will soon begin to get bored and the progress, advancement and (probably) recognition of SL will start looking sexier than the Imam on a charm offensive. Ma siyaasad ban ku barayna saaxib?

Samafal   

So now the whole Somaliland project depend on Xaabsade, a man who has defected many times before from South to North and forth and has no political belief and is in it for the cash? That's a failing project isn't it?

people need to get into their head that wether it is Kalshale clan fighting or not the people of Sool, Sanaag and Cayn will never buy into the Somaliland phantom, its idealogical, so it is better for Somaliland clan to go it alone with what they got, which is 2.5 regions (Somali Galbeed, Awdal and half of Togdher not sure about Awdal though). That way they can live in peace. Laakiin intaan Qaran aan jirin aad iska dhaadhicinaysaan saas baad uqaylinaysiin, marna ubaryootamaysiin, nabadna helimaysaan.

Malika   

^NG is contradicting his own mantra here on SOL , Clan is everything - those folks fighting with SSC folks are of certain clan, the army sent are of the same certain clan, the leader of SL is of that same certain clan - coincidence? or typical Somali response?

Saalax   

Samafal what you mean 2.5 regions? that doesn't make sense if you are trying to speak to us as a clan we also have strong presences in Sanaag, Western Sool & Northern Sool.

If referendrum shall ever take place alot of settlements in the so called (SSC - Sool , Sanaag, Cayn) would vote for seperation alongside Togdheer, Waqooyi Galbeed/Maroodijeex, Awdal.

Resources nagu filaan waan haysana alhamdullilah we don't need your fruits and farms in the south keep it to yourself. ;)