Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

iPad is finally here

Dhubad.   

^^It looks very sexy but I doubt if its better than a laptop as Steve claims. It lacks few essential elements for browsing internet such as flash, multi-tasking and no integrated web cam. Perhaps they left it deliberately so that the next version will be equipped with all these!

"iPad: apples new feminine hygiene product ... It helps stems the flow of Data"

cant remember the review site I read this from today .. lakin kilyaha i xanuunay sidan u qoslayay

Jacpher   

Tell me it has a usb or firewire and a replaceable battery? And I don't have to hold it up in my hands to watch two hour movie.

Abwaan   

So it is no longer a rumour? It looks good. Waited for a while before I could buy my 2nd tablet. The 1st one was heavy. I would like to know more about this. What is the price?

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

cant remember the review site I read this from today .. lakin kilyaha i xanuunay sidan u qoslayay

:D

Cara.   

Originally posted by grasshopper:

quote:Originally posted by Geel_jire:

:D
LOL. First time I've laughed at a MadTV skit in a long while (since the heyday of Ms Snow :D ). Love the silhouettes at the end!

peasant   

something very important is missing from that device. I mean wasnt it suppose to come with a pen technology and what is point getting a tablet if you cant scribe something with a hand? I think apple is loosing that innovative edge it use to have over other industry giants like Microsoft and etc..

^ many more important things are missing from this device.

- No flash support (Netflix, etc)

- 3G is included in only the most expensive version

- onscreen keyboard that takes up 90% of screen space when you are using and has no tactile feedback.

- a measly 64 GB maximum storage capacity

- lack of integrated SD card slot

- no USB ports

- no webcam

- No multi tasking ability

so it lacks the features of a good smartphone (camera), and many features available in the lowest end netbooks (USB, Fireware, large storage space, multitasking) and worst of all the cheapest ipad costs 2 times as much as the low end netbooks (~250) for the privilege of having less features.

even if you get the version that supports 3G you are now saddled with two separate .. data bills (phone 3G + ipad 3G). It is not small/convenient enough to fit into your pocket/palm nor is it good for setting on a table .. imagine watching a 2 hour movie while holding up the tablet .. 1.5 lbs can get uncomfortable after some time.

EDIT

I forgot to include my pet peeve .. the damn non-removable battery.