Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

World Cup 2006 - The Official Thread

Tahliil   

It was so sad to see the legend, ZZ, Zidane gone like that. This could be the end of his smart football. Maybe one day we will see the headlines reading: Zidane taking on the New Headcoach position of the Somali National team...(yeah?)

But this is what I hope to see tomorrow.. the Ecuadorians winning and Germs facing England in the group 16...

I didn't really expect much fro either Saudis, or the Africans from the North...

As predicted the Argies v Dutch was a bore 0-0 draw and the Ivorians finally managed to come back from 2-0, talk about too little too late.

I just hope the Ghanians do not blow their chance against the US.

P.S Any ideas of i can get out of work for the game.

Go Ghana, Black Stars came thru..Who cares if they face brazil it is eleven against eleven and it's proven ghana can play with the best of them.

It's real bad M. Eissen have to miss this game thou i will like to see him play against the best.

BTW: I like the way Ghana soccer federation apolagized for jewish flag waving, i thought that was good move..

Guhaad   

^Africa deserved an apology from the federation. Ghana, the last team from the Afrikaay Hurdaay team, will come to a halt in the next game. i was more suprised when they beated Czech than the USA. I feel like all the games that ghana has won was not of skill but of luck because of how the whole team plays together.

N.O.R.F   

^^I predict Portugal

A great WC so far, some great games. Last nights Argies vs Mexics was a classic game with a great goal at the end to settle it.

Asta la vista spanish team and their ****** coach, it is real bad that team have good players but their ****** coach just makes you hate the whole team..

Did you guys see how Jose Reyes was like collecting french jersey's from every player that was walking thru the whole way? i thought that was funny..

Nephissa   

Woooo Woooo Wooooo

BYe Bye ENGLAND! :D:D:D What a weepy bunch! L00L

Ricardo is one sizzling hot goalkeeper!!!

Yoohooooo!

Viking   

I fancied Argentina to beat Germany but how was I to know that Pekerman was capable of worse subs than Sven. He took out Riquelme and Crespo and replaced them with Cambiasso and Cruz. And where was Messi? ON THE BENCH! They lost because of the coach's bad decision.

As for England, the first time I have ever supported them and they let everyone down. Reason? They had a passenger called Frank Lampard. I think Lampard and Ronaldinho have been the worst players who have played all the matches upto the quarter finals. I've always said that Lampard and Gerrard can not play together in the midfield, they are two terrific players but can not play together in midfield. Sven didn't have the ballaocks to replace Lampard, the boy looked like lost sheep but was left to play all games to the end. What a disgrace! Sven should have replaced Lampard with Jenas or Carrick and things could have been much different.

Rooney? You can take someone out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of him! Although he's a talented player, I think he should have stuck to bixing, at least he has an outlet for all the aggression he has bottled up.

Beautiful day wallahi. England is out couldn't have asked for better results. Insha Allah Italy and Portugal will follow. Argentina used to my childhood team but this whole world cup I was anticipating they would face Germany and wishing that Germany would wipe the floor with them as they are racist for a non-European team. Let them all cry their way to hell. France's victory will most likely be short lived if they will be up against Germany to make it to the finals. In any event England is out out out. Ricardo is the man! All about team work and Germany excels everyone at that.

SoMa_InC   

Just like Viking, I was also rooting for the three lions but I wont say they let me down. As a team with 10 players against an offensive side, I think they did well. The defense was superb and players like Terry, Rio, Ashley Cole and Owen Hargraves had good game.

Owen Hargraves was by far the best player on the pitch. He never deserved to be on the loosing team. He proved his critics wrong and I would love to see him play the Euro 2008 Inshallah.

Viking, I also agree that Lampard never had a good world cup and so was Beckham. Sven was scared to drop them and the other big mistake he did was not selecting the likes of Defoe and Bent but I still dont blame him, there are other people that pick the England squad aka FA.

The English media is scared from the truth, Wayne Rooney lost us the game. If I was a manager I will drop him for life, he can never be counted on. If it was not his red card, England had a 90% chance of going through. But as usual someone else has to be the scapegoat and it is Ronaldo who is on the receiving end.

The current English players has the potential of winning the Euro 2008 but with the new Manager, I think the writings are on the wall.

Damn Germany is out! No more Deutschland. The Azzuri are the true laacibiin, too good to be true they dominated the whole game altho they took mad beatings today I guess the pain was all worth it at at the end.