Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

World Cup 2006 - The Official Thread

^ lol..snap. I watched the first 20 minutes of the game, and they were not playing that well...sooner or later, they will go home as losers..just you wait!

Tahliil   

The Ivorians still do have a chance to prove us all wrong...and hopefully the urgency will come in play in their next game...France...The Hagi is getting older and resting his bones in the field, and the rest of the team...NO CHEMISTRY at all...NO CONNECTION whatsoever, nada, a huge disappointment in their opening act..They surely need a young zidane...in Midfeild...

Unlike these African boys who traveled so long to be part of this world cup though, the French can always hop on the next train and be home in a jive...No lay over or transit hours to TOGO..I honestly think the further you travlled for this, the more the urgency should be...

nuune   

^^^ The Ivorian lost the game and are out because of that bad Colombian REFEREE who denied them about 2 penalties and gave the opponents useless free kicks which resulted the first goal of the Dutch.

ps: Why FIFA couldn't bring an Asian REFEREE, that is what they wanted to do but the Officials changed their mind and put this craaaap but crook headed-bastaardo referee there

SoMa_InC   

^^^I feel your pain Sxb. The Referee's performace was poor. The elephants are full of talented players and I hope it has been a great experience for them.

I am demoralised as all along I thought the Ivorians had a chance against the Dutch. Lets see if Angola will be the next African team to be sent home.

I am glad I sold my ticket for this game on ebay otherwise it would have been an awful and ghastly experience.

It is a gigantic statement but I think Fifa, the football governing body, don't want an African team to win the world cup.

^^^

Agreed, The referee was completly out of it. :mad: The Ivory Coast fought hard and deserved to win. Im completly heartbroken. I won't even bother watching Angola play I don't think I could take another African loss.

:(

But It also seemed to me that there was a huge problem with communication with the Ivory Coast too many missed oppurtunities and was anyone watching Van Persie??

Jacpher   

That referee was clearly playing favoritism. The Dutch defender was holding on to Drogba all the time and the camera clearly showed but I don’t know how the referee missed. Ivorian played well but they actually lost to an incompetent referee.

I hope FIFA won’t return this !diot.

nuune   

Good stuff from Angola, at least they managed to hold Mighty mexico,

If portugal beat Iran and Mexico, then Angola are through to the second round which will make them face the "Death Groups"

SoMa_InC   

^^Sxb Angola also disappointed me, they could have won that match. Their attacking skills were below average but I still rate their defensive skills and their goalkeeper was outstanding; he made great saves that kept them in the tie.

What amazed me is the way both Referees rushed to their cards everytime players from Ivory Coast and Angola made mistakes while they spared there opponents. Zakora and Drogba's yellow cards were undeserved. The red card that also led to the Angolan midfield diehard sent off was also very harsh in football standards.

Do you lot believe that Mexico are rated 4th in the FIFA world ranking? Very funny in deed.

What a sad day. The elephants losing to the crappy dutch. Did you see how one of the dutch players fell on his own and the ref gave the ivory coast player a yellow card. I couldnt even watch the game man. The dutch had 12 players and one was carryin a whistle. It is in the best interest for FIFA to allow european teams to advance.

i havent watch a single game yet! reason, i am pissed against the germans!! i mean this ppl in europe are so racist... i was watching this show that was talking about what african players go through in europe.. where the fan yell monkey noises, throw bannanas in field when they see blk players..! wazzup with that!!

anyways, hopefully, i will waste one of my sleep days tomorrow and get up 6:00am to watch the usa and the italy game!! we gonna kick some smelly italians soon!! peace!

What is so damn disappointing in this world cup is that no single African team has yet to win a game! My my my!

I think from now on, African football authorities should do some fiddling and corrupting of the qualification for the world cup and put forward teams that can make a difference for the continent's football prowess than being fair and putting forward part-timers like Angola and Togo etc.

Because of no african success, i have really lost interest in the whole touranment. for me, it is now tasteless. it is no different than the premiership now. i needed teams that i could identify with and support and get my blood boiling. damn it!

Imagine if we had Ivorians, Nigeria, Senegal, Cameroon and one of the north African Arabs. That would have been a world cup worth watching for me.

I predict a south american final. anyone agree? come on with the way, Argentina is playing and Brazil's pedigree, it is only a fair prediction. which european team has the wow factor in this tournament? haven't seen anything substantial yet. I would be surprised if either Brazil or Argentina don't make it to the final.

enuff said...