Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

World Cup 2006 - The Official Thread

Kashafa   

Bottom line: France lost the World Cup because of a) Zidane's red card. b) the French coach taking out Henry and Ribery, his best attacking options when the team most needed them. Tired my foot. This the World Cup finals, if you can't play 90 min regulation time + 30 min overtime @ full speed, you don't belong on the field.

Also, Zidane's reputation is permanently tarnished, not because of the head-butt(that was a nice move, artistic and everything), but because of what was at stake and the loss he was partially responsible for. His only chance at redemption lies in Euro '08 and that France wins. Jordan won the last of his 6 rings at age 36, same age he'll be in '08. Go get'em, Z.

do you really believe in what you say?

look at this way...fine, France could have "probably" won the game if Zidane played the last 10 minutes that remained...but I highly doubt it

don't get me wrong, I'm a French fan , but the Italian defense is good...very very good, and they were actually wanting a penalty shoot-out, cause the odd were in their favor there...giving them more of an incentive to defend harder...with or without..I doubt they would have scored and avoided penaltys

secondly...I agree with you on the French coach subbing Henry and Ribery and bring Wiltord and Trezequet in was a bad move. but they were saying Henry was having a sore head from an earlier collision with somebody and and Viera pulled his hamstring...

and in the penaltys it wouldnt have matters...Signol is the one who took Zidanes place on the penatlys and he scored....

Also, Zidane's reputation is permanently tarnished, not because of the head-butt(that was a nice move, artistic and everything), but because of what was at stake and the loss he was partially responsible for. His only chance at redemption lies in Euro '08 and that France wins. Jordan won the last of his 6 rings at age 36, same age he'll be in '08. Go get'em, Z.

I dont think so...Zidane has done SO SO much, an incident like this wont tanrish is career...just slightly stain it, but it's not like all he's done is lost

and Soccer and Basketball are different sports

you rest more in basketball, more breaks small playing area..and you can't compare two different people

Zidane isn't coming back