Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

World Cup 2006 - The Official Thread

SoMa_InC   

Northerner, Nuune and the rest, you seem so disappointed with Ghana. I think they can beat USA but as Czech Republic, dont hold your breath. It appeared like the whole team depended on Essien and Appiah. Did you see that fat substitute aka ping pong? He was crap, the guy couldn't even control the ball and they expected him to change the game. He is huge, does not look like a striker.

The African Elephants aka The Ivorians have a chance if only they get a win against Holland.

Angola surprised me, one nil down to Portugal was a good result for them.

Togo were disgrace!

We still have hope though, Tunisia will pray tommorrow against the Saudis. I think Tunisia can make it but fingers crossed.

^Ivory Coast played well against Argentina they just weren't lucky.

Well France sucked in the second half and the team's efforts weren't exactly co-ordinated but they'll always be my boys. On a less exciting note the world champions played well and I'm believer. Is Ronaldo getting heavier or do my eyes deceive me?

Is Ronaldo getting heavier or do my eyes deceive me?

Heavy is understatement, this guy is so out of shape playing on the biggest stage..it is embarrassing..

I think france is over rated and slow too and not playing trezgett was a big mistake, he could've made the difference..

Very worried for the French. Ribery seems to be brisk but the rest of the guys lack vigor. They don't seem to have the oomph. Big names, big money ... no urgency.

My team needs to do better or else they will stay goalless for another 4 years.

Zidane is still a juggler.

It was seriously disappointing to watch the African nations in this world cup this year. Other then perhaps the Ivory Coast who gave up two early goals but looked superb, the other teams were disorganized in mid-defend and Attacking. When they got the ball they didnt know what to do with it. They frequently had to touch the ball twice to three time before passing. They lack precision in passing and shooting. Note all the gaols came from beyond the 18 year line from the European teams and other then them. The africans' One touch passing was not at a professional level. On the Bright side, France looked great, even though they didnt win they shouldnt worry too much. Althought Croatia lost they really deserved a tie. Keeping my african hopes up, i now turn to Tunisia.... GO Tunisia

nemo   

Very disappointed with ALL the African teams. They have so much wasted skills I say. :( Now the next best thing for me AUSSIES AUSSIES AUSSIES IO IO IO.

Viking   

The two best African teams have unfortunately found themselves in the two MOST difficult groups in the World Cup. Ivorians are to fight the likes of Argentina, Holland and Serbia while the WC debutants Ghana has to fight it out with the 'Gli Azzurri', the Czechs and the USA. They would have qualified easily from any other group but their prospects look bleak after losing their openning games.

Brazil didn't convince last night, but they don't need to stress because they have Australia and Japan coming up; not exactly giants in the game. What's up with Ronaldo? The pies getting the best of him?

France will not go far, only Brazil has better players 'on paper' but their performance looked very lacklustre. This is probably because Raymond Domenech seems to have no authority over his team at all.

ooooh, Spain did good!! I think they will be in my top 5 teams, seeing as how I haven't picked a team yet. One eye on Italia. I really wanted a strong African team to root for, but not this WC, I guess.

If Brazil makes it to the finals, I will root for the underdog, which ever team that may be.

Guhaad   

oh, i am catching some games and missing some. I have had some time to watch Ghana against Italy. both sides were bit tired when i came to the game, but ghana was dragging. Ghana seemed more like a team that came for the Somali Week Tournments in North America than in Germany. they passed the ball, but it stopped there. there were not that many goal attempts. the game did include alot of tackles and hassles, but no big moments.

watched Brazil, damn, i don't think they can make it this time.

Afrikaay hurdaay, koob ma soo wado, yaan lagu hungoobin

Brazil will be allright as long as they don't put ronaldo in the game, you saw what happened when they took him out it was a brand new game..

I am disappointed the Saudis gave away that late goal they played real well and deserved to win..

SoMa_InC   

Dude...the Germans really had me off my seat. Dang!! That was a crazy game.

Very entertaining game! The Polish keeper was superb, no wonder they dropped Dudek. Germany deserved the win.

^ I don't know about deserving, but they certainly were desperate for a goal. Guess they didn't want to draw. Let's hope Tahliil's Ecuador beats them. :D

England expects. :cool:

Azmaya   

Any team but England I dislike the british. go Trinidad & Tobago beat England pleassssssssssse that would make me very happy :cool: i am tired of all this hype and flags.

party time game in less in hour. Go Trinidad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!