Sign in to follow this  
Jumatatu

The specch of a leader in the making....!

Abdullahi Yusuf is a hateful man. Do you need an SOL forum to tell you that? He's the same guy who told certain men to leave a Garoowe meeting because they were 'mucaarad' to him.

Originally posted by Rahima:

Last I remember PL is part of Somalia, hence when Cabdiqaasim was president and Galayr the prime minister they should of have received the utmost support from folks such as CY, but we all know that this was not the case.

Abdullahi Yusuf wasn't the only military leader who opposed the Arta regime. Shatigaduud-led RRA opposed the Arta regime, Mohamed Dheere, Aydiid Jr. etc - members of the so-called SRRC. Arta was doomed to fail the day Abdiqasim Salad decided to land the plane in Muqdisho as opposed to the already-agreed-upon landing in Baydhabo (thus, the RRA's rejection of Arta)! Abdiqasim did his best to disunite the RRA and now we have several branches. He tried the same tactics in Puntland - but failed, because he picked a weak leader (Jama A Jama) to challenge Puntland strong Abdullahi Yusuf.

HORN -

Since Abdiqasim Salat is the best hope for Somalia, I'd like to know what good he brought for Somalia? What schools he built, what hospitals he refurbished etc. In essence, 'waxtarkiisa' as El Presidente..

Jamster   

One can not help but burst into laughter at the astonishingly rancid statement that poured out from a man who considers himself as a political savvy; it goes show how foolhardy most of the people are when it comes to the real politics in Somalia. Horn claims that A Qasim is the last hope for our country, such a statement is only uttered by an ignorant hoodwink or a mere simpleton. When such statements are uttered logic dictates one has to back his earth moving statement.

May I humbly ask my fellow brother to tell us why AQ occupies such a high praiseworthy seat in the heart of my Horn et all.

If Yeey was on Somalia Online, he would be told not to reference any tribal names. lol

The speech is not as bad as Dayniile is making it. It has actually been in circulation for so many years as many Puntlanders know.

The reality is that this kind of talk of referencing tribal names in political speeches is normal in the South and in our more democratic Somaliland of the north. Somali politics is simply a tribal politics, and for that Abdulahi Yusuf is very savvy at milking it for it appeals to the heart of his supporters.

In my opinion, this audio is a good publicity for him. Contrary to what some Mogadishu folks believed, Abdulahi Yusuf, in this speech, is not advocating for the massacre of any Somali tribe, even though this was the most difficult period of his rule in Puntland. It is very possible his supporters have released this audio. This speech was meant to rally his supporters and save Puntland from being controlled by Abdiqasim. He is belittling his political opponents and at the same time trying to inject humor into his candid conversation with his supporters.

I noticed Ina Xaaji Aadan is sitting there. lol

Som@li   

i don't see what is the fuzz about this tape,this is somali politics,based nothing but tribal systems.

A/Y, as some of u suggested, trying to influence the pundlanders,cuz Arta was a challenge to Puntland that time.

So need of digging up the past, it is not healthy.

Rahima   

Abdullahi Yusuf wasn't the only military leader who opposed the Arta regime.

Sure, we all know all the losers back then, but the only difference now is that one of them is commanding the same support that they were unwilling (for selfish/tribal reasons) to give to the previous attempt.

All this proves is that they are nothing more than selfish hypocrites who are out for their own gain rather than the interests of the country that they have been elected to lead.

Since Abdiqasim Salat is the best hope for Somalia, I'd like to know what good he brought for Somalia? What schools he built, what hospitals he refurbished etc.

Sadly for the length of time he and his government were in power, not much, but then again C/qaasim made the fatal mistake of dealing with these warlords as sane individuals. We now know that reason is beyond them and hence must be dealt in that manner, force mixed with sasab.

I have utmost respect for this man, for he aligned himself with people based on their qualities rather than tribal identity. Furthermore, he was at least man enough to let go of power and hand it over to a man who I’m sure he is not very fond of, even more amazingly instruct Somalis to give their full support and stand hand in hand with this same man. If this does not say it, then I can’t imagine a better example of C/qaasims main goal, to create a viable stable government in his homeland. Lastly, it says a great deal about a man when the religious folks of a country were behind him- to be honest they are my beacon to follow for I know that they judge based on the attributes of the person rather than factors beyond ones control. If they were opposed to him, so would I :D

Libaax,

We shouldn’t belittle such things and attribute it to publicity. This is dangerous and should be dealt with as such.

We all know that such talk is very sensitive in Somalia and as the president of Somalia (not PL), then he should be very careful and take into consideration the feelings of the people who he leads, for to not do so is to create greater rifts and at this moment we need to unite the Somali people not drive them further apart.

^^ Rahima, I find it ludicrous when others put forward the claim that Yeey is planning a massacre against certain groups. That is the point I was trying to emphasize on my post.

On the other hand, Such emotionally ardent speeches of his, made at time of great uncertainty on the old man's political career, aren't something new to me or to most of the MP's who elected him. I wouldn't loose sleep over it.

I am now hearing folks are planning to post audio speeches of Abdiqasim, caydiid and other politicians making objectionable speeches, in the past, against certain groups. It is absolutely a waste of time.

When do we move on? Maxaan qabyaalad isaga dabo laalabanaynaa oo ay dowladani u shagayn la'dahay waddankeediina u tegi la'dahay?

CHE   

Hell freaking no.........Dayniile,again,has Yeey-haters toing the line.

I am more than convinced the man is demon(suldaankeyga buu dilay in broad day light).He needs us not to taint his image even more.I am also convinced that, he would resort to any means to get things done ,even if it involves having his Bari brethren slaughtered.But I am not convinced that he is disposed to seek revenge on cabudwaq folks or galgaduud folks for that matter.For what purpose,you are not an abstacle to his presidency.

As for Dayniile,spurs no'ing but controversy which we'all feed off.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

I find it ludicrous when others put forward the claim that Yeey is planning a massacre against certain groups.

And how do you find that ludicrous sxb, when all he has been doing his life is exactly that.

When do we move on? Maxaan qabyaalad isaga dabo laalabanaynaa oo ay dowladani u shagayn la'dahay waddankeediina u tegi la'dahay?

Waxaa lagu so dhisey qeybsi qabyaaladeed oo ujeedadu aheyd bal mar uun in laga gudbo xanibada hortagaan Qaran Soomaaliyeed. Waxaase nasib daro noqotey in ragi loso dortey in ay hoganka uu qabtaan oo ay uu horsedan jawi kalsoni aburis iyo is aminaad dadki walalaha aha oo colaada kala dhex gashey in ay ka wecdan tarikhas oo ay colad iyo sed bursi hor leh dhaliyaan. Wa halkaas mesha ay arrintu ka quruntey sidi la rabo halo qurxiyo ama hala inkiro.

Originally posted by Rahima:

he was at least man enough to let go of power

The power to control two hotels? C'mon, save the preaching for the uninformed. Abdiqasim Salad's Arta regime was a failure of the greatest magnitude. He made ill-fated attempts to destroy the decency and unity Northeastern Somalis had acquired over the years; and to dismantle the RRA rebel group; and lastly, he openly armed a branch of JVA forces who were then engaged in a clan militia battle with Gen Morgan's SPM militia. He armed men of his sub-clan by buying weapons with the $150+million dollar grants he'd received upon being elected. His beneficiaries: the so-called Islamic Courts, Sh. Dahir Aways, Yusuf Indhacade, Yusuf Mire Seeraar, etc. Abdiqasim Salad is just like his father: a clan ugaas. He can't function as El Presidente with such a title denoted to him by his kinsmen.

Jumatatu   

The lenght people go at times to fabricate things is strange, but what is more ironic and odd is that they have the tendency to believe their rubbish is a fact.

Originally posted by Jumatatu:

And how do you find that ludicrous sxb, when all he has been doing his life is exactly that.

Jaalle Juma, remember, the onus is on you inadeer. You are the one making these continuous barrage of accusations against Madaxweynahaaga. ;)

If you think your president has been busy committing massacres against your tribe or any other one for that matter, all his life, please do give us evidence or enlighten us with the mere facts for he should face the wrath of the people in the event such mass graves come to light. Show us any evidence of any indiscriminate killing of tribesmen irrespective of gender, age, etc committed by Abdulahi Yusuf. Which group? Where? What date? Stats?

I am honestly not aware of any such thing. It is also hilarious, because of its obvious absurdity or incongruity, to suggest such plans are in the works for his current goverment.

Sadly for the length of time he and his government were in power, not much, but then again C/qaasim made the fatal mistake of dealing with these warlords as sane individuals. We now know that reason is beyond them and hence must be dealt in that manner, force mixed with sasab.

oo kaalay dadka ma hurdaan mise anaa u maleeyay.

let as see what did abdiqaasim done when he was in office, well his first day of office he attaked Kismaayo with out hasatetion and cliam responsibliteis, In Mark His brother yuusuf inadha cade used powore for those poor people.

I belive know that we can say abdiqasim took the same road that alaha unaxariistee caydiid did (salbalaar) let not abdiqasim's black suit tric you ;)

Somali waxeey ku maah maah daa bisada aamusan iyo ta qeelada bad tee baa daran? :cool:

Abdulaahi Yusuf current somali president (qaylabadne) :D :cool: smile.gif Kani waa lilaahi

Abdiqaasim Salaad former somali president (aamusane) :mad: redface.gif:( kanse laqdabo ayaa u laabneed.

J.Lee   

Caamir, It's quite easy really for there isn't any evidence attesting to his innocense either.

As for the speech (What a Shocker :rolleyes: ) Abdilaahi Yusuf, like his fellow co-horts, Somalia's mass murders...er excusi, Warlords, was just being true to his vindictive, hatefilled,and despicable self, so why is there such an outpouring of surprise?

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Show us any evidence of any indiscriminate killing of tribesmen irrespective of gender, age, etc committed by Abdulahi Yusuf. Which group? Where? What date? Stats?

You are asking for evidence, hmmm I guess the attrocities that took place in Qardho, Garowe and Balanbal(late 70's and early 80's) aren't enough evidence for you miyaa?

please lets not be, for all you Yusuf supporters, naive and impressionable now and claim he wasn't behind it, whether you like it or not he is a murderer and there is nothing that can change the amount of blood he has on his hands.

One can but hope and pray that justice is served in the after-life insha'allah.