Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

A Day of Infamy

Castro   

^ Saddling the fence doesn't look good on you, awoowe. It must be your first time coz it shows. :D

The treacherous TFG must be treated like the coward criminals that they are. Let the Ethiopian mules march them to Muqdisho and install A/Y at Villa Somalia. God knows he's waited 40 years and doesn't have many more years to live.

Any analyst worth his coat will tell you Ethiopia will abandon the TFG when it becomes too costly to protect these dogs. That is an eventuality and they will leave licking their wounds. Somalis will pay with a lot of blood but not anymore than already spilt by their own.

The second colossal strategic mistake the ICU will make in as many months is to come to a negotiating table manned by the TFG and all its allies and agree to an uneven and unfair ceasefire. I hope they don't. Let them go underground and fight Goliath like David would. One stone at a time.

P.S. Goliath here is Ethiopia+US. The TFG is just a bunch of rats and will scatter the minute the last Xabasha heads home.

LANDER   

I've read your post and I have no intention of reading any other ones for lack of time, what I see from you would be characterized as 'du chantage' by the french. Meaning your putting up a front to be with neutral or even in agreement with the ICU in principal. From what I understood from your posts, you suggested the TFG is a null and void entity for so long as they employ ethiopian troops to fight on their behalf and yet also suggested the ICU should negotiate with them am I correct? My question to you is why should they? If you understand the nature of guerilla warfare as you wrote and I completely agreed with, than why is it in their interest to negotiate with an entity that is supposedly Null as you suggested?(aside from obvious civilian loss of life) Ethiopians cannot and will not sustain a prolonged conflict inside Somalia and especially in the heart of the big cities. That is so long as the ICU remains united and doesn't give in to attempted infiltration by Ethio, Arab, CIA, TFG or any party 'negotiators' with a vested interest in this conflict.

Baashi   

You are correct. Since TFG is null and void why should UIC sit down with them is the question? An excellent question. Here is why:

Ethiopia is determined to give the support the TFG needs be military or otherwise. That means everytime you defeat TFG, it will be propped up by Ethiopia.

Not only that, TFG is now an internationally recognized entity with all the trappings of diplomatic benefits. AU, UN, US, Arab League, IGAD are all responding to its calls for foreign troops. None is willing to condemn Ethiopian aggression so long it has TFG permission.

All these facts make TFG a formidable challenger. Formidable in the sense that it can employ Ethiopian might to advance its interest, call international entities as well as regional ones for their help and so on. Now that being the case and the fact that one always sits with one's enemy (whether that enemy uses its own muscle or that of a third entity muscle is irrelevant) to make peace, it is inevitable for UIC to sit down with TFG.

What you are addressing is TFG's legitimacy in the eyes of Somalis. It's legitimacy as a reconciliation government is null and void as far as I'm concerned. However, the two sides have no choice but to sit down as two opposing factions looking for ways to end the conflict.

The objective is to end the war. There are two entities at war with each other. TFG is one of them. Legitimate or otherwise it is part of the conflict and UIC, if they are to cut their losses to a minimum, have to sit down with TFG. Ceasefire is a necessary prequisite for the talks to occur.

Here is the kicker and that is TFG will insist as being the only legitimate transitional entity. It is UIC to make the assessment whether to swallow that or not. If they were to ask me advice I would say do it and make a dignified deal before it is too late.

Castro, you are now in the warmongerer column :D . Did I miss something?

Originally posted by Baashi:

Colonel Yussuf pulled the most impressive trick when he succeeded in dividing Benadir clans and won the support of his archenemy in a election riddled with foreign interferences and bribery. The loosing side undermined the TFG and barred from entering the Benadir, the price of Somali politicking. He quickly realized the complexity of Benadir and he convinced himself that the only way forward is to bring foreign troops and make clean sweep of the clans who opposed him in Benadir.

I must have missed this para, where the worst blunder in Somali history is referred to as an impressivb trick. :confused:

must have missed this para, where the worst blunder in Somali history is referred to as an impressivb trick.

N Baashi would have us believe he is neutral.What a BS!!

Ayoub.....Tanug You Duqa. The likes of Alle-Ubaahne couldn't counted on anyway.

Baashi   

K-Diddy,

In the game of tribal wrestling, the idea of convincing ur nemessis (presedential hopefuls) to vote for you for the promise of cabinet position is an impressive trick.

Castro   

Baashi is neutral? I don't think so.

I'm a warmonger who's on the side of the ICU (despite all their shortcomings), awoowe. A private first class in the Keyboard Commandos unit.

You write too much good Baashi. Which is it, awoowe, the ICU or the Amhara-mule-riding-TFG?

Say it loud and clear.

Originally posted by Baashi:

All these facts make TFG a formidable challenger. Formidable in the sense that it can employ Ethiopian might to advance its interest, call international entities as well as regional ones for their help and so on.

Awoowe, this could (and probably is) a classic case of the mule riding the man. Catch my drift?

Baashi   

^UIC.

What makes you say that amigo Castro? Now be a good sport and play ball my man. I got about 20 minutes beforw I head to my dirin. What's wrong with that qoute. Be specific?

Jacpher   

I think TFG is gone forever. Carta meeshey martay ayey TFG aaday. I guess that's one of the success of the ICU after the war. Each warlords in Baydhabo will soon secure a city of his own to plant isbaaro. As always and sadly, Xamar will see the worst bloodshed.

Castro   

^^ I thought so. But you made me wonder for a moment.

Che, Baashi is trying to make the best of a nasty situation. For a moment, and from all the garbage I read on this forum, I mistakenly thought he was wavering.

We're on the same page awoowe. No offense intended.

Edited: I think the quote is fine but may be inaccurate. Do you really think the TFG is driving this or are they just passengers in this Ethiopian/US bat mobile?